US Politics

Rich

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nope.  Im a Conservative. 

No , youre not.

You ignore the reasons Trump governs the way he does and the desires of the people who put him there. You then go back to the same old leftist manual for instructions when you cant score points against an opponent. "Shut up, youre racist" etc.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Zontar is a racist. 

Being open to different views is one thing.  Supporting freedom of expression is one thing.  But freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

In my humble opinion, it's time to shut down the racist, mods.

I wont speak for others, but that's MY view.

First time ever when I joined in 2013 that I'm blocking someone. I'm tapping out on this one because I don't see how furthering this discussion will provide anymore value.

Oh and Tiger Cats suck.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Zontar is a racist. 

Being open to different views is one thing.  Supporting freedom of expression is one thing.  But freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

In my humble opinion, it's time to shut down the racist, mods.

I wont speak for others, but that's MY view.

Define the racism, please.

Just now, Zontar said:

No, its all there to be read and re read.

Ill feed your garbage one more time.  You have continually bent yourself into knots to defend the nazi's at Charlottesville, defend white nationalism, defend racist remarks.

if I go in the hockey forum and keep defending Crosby, guess what, Im a fan of Crosby.  Its called common sense.

Stop using this pretend subtle alt right BS to defend your views.  Its gross and unwelcome.  And anyone else chiming in to defend it, well, if someone wants to stand up to support white nationalist racist views, its a full expose of their character too.

Just now, Atomic said:

What?  Point it out.  I legitimately don't see it.  You're calling for the guy to be banned so I assume there is something offensive that he said.

Review the thread, Im not your babysitter.  You look for every opportunity to whine about me (well ignoring the other posters' similar sentiment)..  Send me a PM if you want to talk.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ill feed your garbage one more time.  You have continually bent yourself into knots to defend the nazi's at Charlottesville, defend white nationalism, defend racist remarks.

if I go in the hockey forum and keep defending Crosby, guess what, Im a fan of Crosby.  Its called common sense.

Stop using this pretend subtle alt right BS to defend your views.  Its gross and unwelcome.  And anyone else chiming in to defend it, well, if someone wants to stand up to support white nationalist racist views, its a full expose of their character too.

I didnt defend nazis. I said nazis were there and was unaware of the genuine racist ties of the official demonstrators. As said I stand corrected on that particular point

32 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Silly fear mongering, leftist rhetoric. 

The new party is about listening to the voters who put them there and actually govern as conservatives instead of ignoring them once in power and running shotgun with Democrats in rewarding the globalist, open border multinationals and arms industry.

C'mon dude.  Conservatives (Republicans) love free trade and open borders hence why so many GOP senators/congressmen are giving Trump flak about his tariff stance.  Globalism is great for cheap goods and big corporate bottom lines which is another hallmark of the GOP/Conservatives.  And the arms industry?  Are you joking with that?  No one falls over themselves harder than the GOP to throw money at companies that supply their military because "We love our troops!". 

It's one thing to keep your promises to your base, but Trump is President.  He has to work for all 300 million+ of his people, not just the 50 or so million that voted for him.  (To be fair Trump isn't the only leader to ever be guilty of this, but he could at least try to hide it a little)  And if you really can't see that numerous actions and statements made by Trump are racist to varying degrees then that's that I guess.

I'm mostly concerned now that the giant world power directly below us and the source of most of our trade is led by a giant pissbaby who's biggest concern when it comes to us is how much he can screw us at the negotiating table so he can 100% win the trade talks.  No give and take but winner takes all, which is the only way Trump thinks negotiations work.  That's fine maybe for boardroom business deals but not for mutli-national treaties.  And since we're so much smaller we may have to capitulate since while we need the U.S, they don't necessarily need us. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

C'mon dude.  Conservatives (Republicans) love free trade and open borders hence why so many GOP senators/congressmen are giving Trump flak about his tariff stance.  Globalism is great for cheap goods and big corporate bottom lines which is another hallmark of the GOP/Conservatives.  And the arms industry?  Are you joking with that?  No one falls over themselves harder than the GOP to throw money at companies that supply their military because "We love our troops!". 

It's one thing to keep your promises to your base, but Trump is President.  He has to work for all 300 million+ of his people, not just the 50 or so million that voted for him.  (To be fair Trump isn't the only leader to ever be guilty of this, but he could at least try to hide it a little)  And if you really can't see that numerous actions and statements made by Trump are racist to varying degrees then that's that I guess.

I'm mostly concerned now that the giant world power directly below us and the source of most of our trade is led by a giant pissbaby who's biggest concern when it comes to us is how much he can screw us at the negotiating table so he can 100% win the trade talks.  No give and take but winner takes all, which is the only way Trump thinks negotiations work.  That's fine maybe for boardroom business deals but not for mutli-national treaties.  And since we're so much smaller we may have to capitulate since while we need the U.S, they don't necessarily need us. 

Youre making my point. Conservative voters, at least many of them , are sick of business as usual convservatives ignoring them and yearned for a real choice. Republicans offered up the same old same old , voters said enough is enough, and nominated and then  voted for Trump, who at least, spoke to those desires.

4 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Youre making my point. Conservative voters, at least many of them , are sick of business as usual convservatives ignoring them and yearned for a real choice. Republicans offered up the same old same old , voters said enough is enough, and nominated and then  voted for Trump, who at least, spoke to those desires.

So you're saying Trump is a conservative and not a Republican?  I would dispute that. Trump is a Populist Protectionist that leans left on certain issues and hard right on others.  As for my original post disputing your points, granted Trump is fighting free trade and open borders but only as it pertains to opening the American borders.  He's bigly in favour of opening everyone else's borders though so I think we can split the difference there.  As for Globalism Trump still is at the whim of big corporate, otherwise he would have tariffed the hell out of the Chinese.  But since it was bad for business he didn't do it.  Instead he goes after us, Europe and Mexicans.  Easy targets that appeal to his base but will do very little in battling "globalism".  Trump even wants to get back in on the TPP at the advice of corporate interests.  Sounds like the same old same old to me.  And as for the Arms stuff no one loves the troops more than Trump!  He approved a big budget increase for them last year.  So again same old same old.  Aside from the mood swings and twitter temper tantrums (TTT tm B B&G lol) I guess i have to take it back, Trump is a shining example of Republican conservatism. 

What desires did Trump offer that other candidates didn't back in 2016?  Bring back yer jobs?  MAGA?  Cause none of that is new.  Everyone's been promising that since the 50's ended.  What Trump had that the others didn't was a total lack of shame and the very impressive ability to bowl through any and all scandals revealed about him without anything sticking, so far.  As much as that disgusts me it does impress me to a degree.  But beyond that he brings nothing new to the table that I've seen.  So what am I missing? 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not directly but its certainly been implied a few times. 

Its the same as "Roseanne just said she looked like an ape cause ya know, she might have had work done and hey, she sort of looks like that one character from an ape movie so its not racist its just a description".  We KNOW, because we are intelligent beings with common sense, that implied racism and "subtle" racism are racist. 

We see so many times Trump defending this garbage and "friends of trump" defending him.  There is no defense. 

And really, if someone can't engage in a discussion about Trump admin policies without defending the racist and misogynist BS, they've lost before they begin.  They try to change the standard to where, if you're a conservative then you MUST support the so-called conservative candidate and defend him.  It doesnt work like that for many of us.  Trash is trash is trash.

Its like twisting ones self in knots to rip Obama for Cuba and pat Trump on the back for NK.  It makes no sense.  And the only reason people go to such lengths to defend Trump is because he's so indefensible.  Because it's so gross to "forgive" his nasty vile stuff and try to just support his administration's political positions...so since they cant, they have to try and defend the vile stuff.  Its ridiculous.

Why do Trump supporters always bring up which party people support? Why is that even relevant.. Me? I consider myself independent but i lean Green mainly.. .

With that said i agree with some actual conservative views, i agree with liberal views on certain things and i agree with NDP views on things also.

If someone is 100 percent conservative or in this case... 100 percent alt right.. They are a useless piece of garbage

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why do Trump supporters always bring up which party people support? Why is that even relevant.. Me? I consider myself independent but i lean Green mainly.. .

With that said i agree with some actual conservative views, i agree with liberal views on certain things and i agree with NDP views on things also.

If someone is 100 percent conservative or in this case... 100 percent alt right.. They are a useless piece of garbage

I agree.  I identify as conservative because that's how I have voted for years.  I've voted Liberal as well. 

But Im socially liberal.  Gay marriage, Im all in.  Legalized pot?  Absolutely.  Legalize prostitution too, while you're at it.

Be kind to the earth.  But don't sell out our economy or national interests for left wing special interest groups that dont believe the "sky is falling" like they claim.

Small government.  But take care of people.  Social safety nets is what makes us a great people.  I want my income taxes low (I want them zero actually).  But Ill pay user fees and GST taxes. 

Public, universal health care.  But work with the private sector to deliver some of it and make it more efficient. 

I've never voted for a person or party that I agreed with 100%.  If someone does, I call BS....  I vote based on the things I do agree with and how important those things are to me.

Im all for religion too.  But in a common sense way.  There is nothing wrong with being a part of a generous, helpful, supportive community that provides a nice set of ideals to live by.  But not at the expense of hurting other people or denying them their rights.

So I dont know what that makes me.  I guess Im a Common Sense-evist. 

One thing Im not is a white nationalist.  And is someone shares a racist view, thats a red line.  If we agree on 99 things but the 100th is you're a vile racist, you're out.  No endorsement.  I cant twist things to make that acceptable.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Politics is all about fanaticism. Which team do you cheer for? Dig in and root for your team. 

The team that creates the most fervor gets the votes out. You win or you lose, nothing in between.