US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

So ABC dropped the ball for ever hiring her in the first place?

In hindsight sure.  But it sounds like you're reaching for another person to blame to excuse 1) Roseanne's racist remarks 2) Trump's tacit endorsement of those remarks.  Do you condemn Roseanne's remarks?  And do you think Trump should have condemned them as well?  (just trying to skip to the end of the discussion lol)

Just now, Zontar said:

Until motives of boycotters are spelled out its reasoable to tie the anthem issue to it.

according to Torrey Smith (an Eagle at the time), "No one refused to go because of Trump's national anthem beliefs"

And if every player said they disagreed with Trumps divisive remarks about the anthem (for example suggesting that people that dont stand should be thrown out of the country), so what?  The athletes won the championship.  Going to the White House is meant to be the President honoring them, not them honoring the President.

And everyone should condemn Trump's statements.  Who would actually believe that American athletes should be thrown out of the country because they dont want to stand for a friggen song being played.

Trump didnt endorse it and you know it. What Barr said was outrageous and deserved to be fired. But some arent fired and that should be said too.

And since we are at the end you can say you hate Trump and what he stands for and stop pretending to be impartial

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Trump didnt endorse it and you know it. What Barr said was outrageous and deserved to be fired. But some arent fired and that should be said too.

And since we are at the end you can say you hate Trump and what he stands for and stop pretending to be impartial

Firstly, when have I ever said I was impartial.  I dislike Trump.  He's a disgraceful human being.  I hate the racist, divisive, nasty things he stands for.  I said I was a conservative.  Being left of Trump isnt left of centre. 

Trump tacitly endorsed Rosanne's remarks.  The reason I say that is quite clear.  He was happy to tout her success when the revival of her show aired to big ratings (even though the idea it had to do with Trump was vastly over-stated).  And that she was a very outspoken supporter of Trump and routinely tweeted crazy conspiracy theories and baseless attacks on people.  Donald Jr even re-tweeted her.

Trump knew that people looked to him for comments in the wake of her remarks and he CHOSE to attack ABC.  When everyone is waiting for your opinion on something and you decline to give it while attacking the people supportive of one side of that issue, it makes your position clear.  Tacit.  He knew exactly what he was doing.

This is the guy that referred to marching white supremacist nazi's as "very fine people" because he couldn't bring himself to condemn their actions and anger his racist base.

You can like Trump and support his politics.  But let's not pretend he isn't very racially divisive and deliberately so (playing to his base) (regardless of whether he, himself is racist).

PS: who are the some that arent fired for making racist remarks?  Let's go through them.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

22 minutes ago, Zontar said:

the only people who can look at Trump and not hate him and what he stands for are people who are in no way shape or form impartial. If any other president did the **** this guy is doing there would be rioting in the streets. Can you imagine if Obama had had said even half the **** Trump as said?

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

the only people who can look at Trump and not hate him and what he stands for are people who are in no way shape or form impartial. If any other president did the **** this guy is doing there would be rioting in the streets. Can you imagine if Obama had had said even half the **** Trump as said?

Imagine Obama saying that there are very fine people in Al Quida.  I cant think of any other comparisons because so much of Trump's nonsense is crazy.  Well, I guess if you compare Clinton getting impeached over Monica to the, what 17, accusations of assault/harassment leveled at Trump?  Or if Obama or Clinton said his daughter was a piece of ass.  Hmmm

And let's be fair, W. was a saint compared to Trump.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

The player boycott isnt over the kneeling issue ?

The Eagles didn't kneel in protest during the year - for prayer, yes but not protest.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/fox-news-philadelphia-eagles-kneeling/index.html

"This can't be serious.... Praying before games with my teammates, well before the anthem, is being used for your propaganda?! Just sad, I feel like you guys should have to be better than this...," Ertz said.

Faux news - spot on journalism.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday defended herself as an “honest person” whose “credibility is probably higher than the media’s” even as she again refused to discuss her misleading claim that President Trump did not dictate his eldest son’s statement about the Trump Tower meeting.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/390813-sanders-my-credibility-is-probably-higher-than-the-medias

This calls for ever more gin......

2 hours ago, do or die said:

This is what happens when you start believing the stuff your are shoveling out and when your wrong or caught lying get thru the press update as fast as you can or lately get confrontational.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Imagine Obama saying that there are very fine people in Al Quida.  I cant think of any other comparisons because so much of Trump's nonsense is crazy.  Well, I guess if you compare Clinton getting impeached over Monica to the, what 17, accusations of assault/harassment leveled at Trump?  Or if Obama or Clinton said his daughter was a piece of ass.  Hmmm

And let's be fair, W. was a saint compared to Trump.

So when Obama played to his far left base and cheerfully reopened diplomatic ties with communist Cuba , a police state who murdered and jailed thousands of opponents forced thousands more out the country put homosexuals in prison camps, plotted and participated in the overthrow of countries around the world, deliberately smiling in front of a mural of a  murderous Che Guevara and said nothing of human rights abuses....

You thought what, as a "conservative" ?

Edited by Zontar