Around The League Off Season Discussion

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

He'll get a fine AND a stern look from the commissioner.  That'll fix him.

Watch out for the 'stern look'.....that comes just before getting expelled....lol...The league is not going to go out of their way to 'poop' on a franchise (even if deserved) that is about to unveil a 280 mil stadium and is the so called 'flagship' of the CFL....Carpet...meet broom...this one is gonna get swept...You know just like what we're going to do to them in 17'...Jones flaunts the rules and is laughing up his sleeve at the league...He must have one enormous ego to go along with the 'cheat sheet' he possesses

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Buzz is there's a video out there......we'll see if it shows up. I saw something on Twitter about how BLM has buddies down in Texas that told him about it...

wasn't the initial report he was worked out in Florida prior to the senior bowl?  strange people in texas would know this,  unless they were at the work out as well

Do I have this right?

Dunk puts out the story, then it's pulled back.

Jones, the Riders and Manziel's people say it didn't happen.

Folks around here still think it's likely that it happened, but Dunk can't prove it.

If what's happening in politics has taught us anything in the last while, it's that 'Alternate Facts' stories are everywhere. Real or not, we should take these kind of stories with a few huge grains of salt. If the Riders suddenly trade for Manziel's rights then I'll be happy to believe it happened.

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Do I have this right?

Folks around here still think it's likely that it happened, but Dunk can't prove it.

If what's happening in politics has taught us anything in the last while, it's that 'Alternate Facts' stories are everywhere. Real or not, we should take these kind of stories with a few huge grains of salt. If the Riders suddenly trade for Manziel's rights then I'll be happy to believe it happened.

Wasn't pulled back -- the site crashed from traffic overload...

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Do I have this right?

The thing is that all of those people have reasons to be dishonest about it, Dunk has no reason to be dishonest. Maybe he got bad info or didn't check the validity of a story, but Jones saying something didn't happen doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot, that guy is a proven cheater and has shown that he'll feign ignorance to cover his own ass before. 

Dunk is NOT pulling the storey back. Says it did happen and is sticking to his guns. Offered zero evidence of any kind other than to refer to Rostergate last year to try to make Jones's refusal look not believable.  Nothing new to report. Guess we'll see if the Riders are serious about legal action now.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So Ripper, if it is true and I'm saying if because its unproven, what should the punishment be?

I'm gonna be major pissed off if its true.  I want to win more than anything, but I don't want my beloved riders dragged through the mud. I'd consider firing him depending on what comes out of this.

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Good on Dunk for not backing down. You don't post something that inflammatory without making sure all the T's are crossed and lower case J's are dotted....

I would hope not. I was happy to see how strongly he defended his story in that radio interview.

I so badly want this to be true...

Had a read at Riderfans.  Justifiable anxiety over there.  People need to let this play out before rushing to judgement or jumping to conclusions.

There is another shoe to drop here, one way or the other, as this won't just disappear.   This will need to come to a conclusion.

I don't think Dunk is naive enough to run a story that he knows will ignite a poopstorm in Riderville without some conclusive evidence; and not just an " I heard it from a source".  He must have something concrete, because if he doesn't his credibility will be shaken at a very important ( FA and Draft ) part of his season.  I don't think an I'm sorry will cut it here.

Edited by lyin' guy