Around The League Off Season Discussion

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wasn't pulled back -- the site crashed from traffic overload...

Thanks for the info. I can get to it now. Still no proof, but lots of info on Manziel, so it's worth a read.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The thing is that all of those people have reasons to be dishonest about it, Dunk has no reason to be dishonest. Maybe he got bad info or didn't check the validity of a story, but Jones saying something didn't happen doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot, that guy is a proven cheater and has shown that he'll feign ignorance to cover his own ass before. 

I get the plausible deniability angle, but they would say the same things if nothing happened too, so it's not proof of anything either way. For me Manziel's people saying that he hasn't worked out for any CFL teams means more than Jones and the Riders saying it didn't happen. I'll be interested to see if anything more than he said he said comes from this.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Dunk is NOT pulling the storey back. Says it did happen and is sticking to his guns. Offered zero evidence of any kind other than to refer to Rostergate last year to try to make Jones's refusal look not believable.  Nothing new to report. Guess we'll see if the Riders are serious about legal action now.

Rostergate.

Great word.

Dunk seems fairly sure of himself.

This from the CJME website:

However, in an interview on the Green Zone Thursday afternoon, Dunk said he sticks by his report. 

"The report stands for itself. It happened," he affirmed to Jamie Nye, adding his anonymous sources were solid.

Dunk declined to elaborate on who those sources were, stressing he needed to protect them, but said he had been working on the story for days before it appeared on 3 Down Nation.

"I wanted to make sure — before it was reported — that everything was locked down."

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd say the same it is was my team. What should the league do?

I don't know, good question. As a person who has people that report to me, once they have been slapped on the wrist  and not learned, I usually come down hard on them. My mantra for repeat offenders is you are either stupid or you think I am stupid, either way we have a serious problem.

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I don't know, good question. As a person who has people that report to me, once they have been slapped on the wrist  and not learned, I usually come down hard on them. My mantra for repeat offenders is you are either stupid or you think I am stupid, either way we have a serious problem.

Can't it be both? ;)

38 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Dunk seems fairly sure of himself.

This from the CJME website:

However, in an interview on the Green Zone Thursday afternoon, Dunk said he sticks by his report. 

"The report stands for itself. It happened," he affirmed to Jamie Nye, adding his anonymous sources were solid.

Dunk declined to elaborate on who those sources were, stressing he needed to protect them, but said he had been working on the story for days before it appeared on 3 Down Nation.

"I wanted to make sure — before it was reported — that everything was locked down."

So the ball is in his court. How far does he want to push it?  Jones and the Riders calling foul, RF's dumping all over his a** now....you would think if he has something he will let CFL exec know about it.  No worth in reporting something and then backing off when challenged.  No, he's got something and I bet he shares it if he hasn't already.

Ball might be in Orridges court if he has. 

57 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

So the ball is in his court. How far does he want to push it?  Jones and the Riders calling foul, RF's dumping all over his a** now....you would think if he has something he will let CFL exec know about it.  No worth in reporting something and then backing off when challenged.  No, he's got something and I bet he shares it if he hasn't already.

Ball might be in Orridges court if he has. 

I doubt Orridge does anything unless Hamilton feels there is a good possibility there's legs to this. After all this is their neg list player.  If it was just a he said she said between the riders and dunk, and dunk can't provide any immediate evidence it'll likely get swept under the rug

45 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I doubt Orridge does anything unless Hamilton feels there is a good possibility there's legs to this. After all this is their neg list player.  If it was just a he said she said between the riders and dunk, and dunk can't provide any immediate evidence it'll likely get swept under the rug

Alas, 'tis true, 'tis true.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

What is with these people tagging Walters as some kind of leader in the league wide conspiracy against the Riders?   

because he was dunks HC at guelph. I dont doubt Walter feeds him some of his info but he's got sources beyond that

its funny that Hervey rarely comes into question despite having legitimate reason to hold a grudge towards Jones and how BLM got his info in regards to Roastergate

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Walters is too busy signing actual players as opposed to vanity projects. and scrap retrieval....

Don't get carried away. Walters lead a team to the playoffs last year, he doesn't walk on water. Shologan was a scarp retrieval, how was your center last year?

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Don't get carried away. Walters lead a team to the playoffs last year, he doesn't walk on water. Shologan was a scarp retrieval, how was your center last year?

Goossen? He was great. 

Whats a scarp tho? Is that like Kevin Glenn? 

Edited by Goalie

21 minutes ago, Ripper said:

How's Jones big free-agent signings last year? How many were left on the team?

How 'bout those he acquired on trade, how many did retired? 

Edited by M.O.A.B.