Around The League Off Season Discussion

riders cut a few prior to free agency. Dylan ainsworth a DL / teamer NI would be solid. Shamawd chambers could be use full in TC with the weak performance of our ni wrs last year. Mitchell gale was also let go. Wasnt he supposed to be apart of the qb situation that would certainly be better then what ever we have this coming year?

16 hours ago, do or die said:

So Glenn is merely insurance?    For what, exactly?  

Insurance against Rider fans storming the new stadium with pitchforks and torches (SK eatin' utensils) before the season even starts.

Now that is deferred until week 7.

If anyone is interested in new Als AGM Catherine Raiche...

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-assistant-gm-catherine-raiche-breaks-down-another-barrier

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/nomination-thoroughly-supported-throughout-media/

male, female, black, white or purple... this is a pretty impressive resume for a 27-year-old...

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wasn't Chambers a pretty big letdown last year for the Riders?

had a lot of arguments with rider fans last offseason who were bustin nuts over the signing.  Said outside of being named GC MOC in 2015 (i think he had like 2 catches in the game) it was a big ol Meh, as the guy did sweet F all otherwise. It was quite amusing watching their collective bubbles burst by week 5 that the guy wasn't worth 90% of the $170K they were paying him.

Personally I wouldn't touch him.  If we dont trade away any of our picks this year I expect one of our higher picks to go for a NI receiver and part ways with Richards.  JFG/Kohlert/New guy is how i see it

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I'd be interested in Chambers.  I'm tired of Kohlert's drops considering the only thing he was bringing to the table was supposed to be sure hands. Chamber's has the ability to be more dynamic if you take advantage of him like I know Paul LaPolice would be capable of. I'm also interest in Gale to add a little bit more experience behind Nichols and somebody to push Dom Davis for the backup job. 

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-assistant-gm-catherine-raiche-breaks-down-another-barrier

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/nomination-thoroughly-supported-throughout-media/

male, female, black, white or purple... this is a pretty impressive resume for a 27-year-old...

No joke. If she can translate that to the pro level she will be around for a long long time. 

17 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I'd be interested in Chambers.  I'm tired of Kohlert's drops considering the only thing he was bringing to the table was supposed to be sure hands. Chamber's has the ability to be more dynamic if you take advantage of him like I know Paul LaPolice would be capable of. I'm also interest in Gale to add a little bit more experience behind Nichols and somebody to push Dom Davis for the backup job. 

Yeah pretty much. I would still like to see kohlert in TC, but coming in having to fight and win a spot. He was pretty awful last year. Gale wouldnt be the top of the list for the back up spot but would still be solid. If davis goes into tc as qb2 ill be scared. 

9 minutes ago, Zontar said:

How any rider player can be fairly evaluated during that train wreck in SSK last year is beyond me.

I suspect the Chambers move was over money

thats the truth. You have to take their performance with a real grain of salt. Same goes for MTL. 

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I thought Ainsworth was a pretty good backup DL and ST... he'll get picked up quick

Nichols-Gale-Davis would be nice.

Yeah he was really good on teams the last 2 years and has up side. Hes only 24 years old too. His cutting is crazy. Maybe he really wants a chance to start?

18 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I think that was always part of the plan, having Davis compete for #2.  The Bombers were waiting on free agency to bring that other guy in, whether it was going to be LeFevour, Crompton, etc.  Now Gale's in the running and the Bombers don't have to wait til Valentine's Day if they want to choo choo choose him.

26 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Which is why I'm perplexed that we let Glenn go. 

45 minutes ago, bearpants said:

shes definitely easier on the eyes then any of the other gms

Image result for catherine raiche

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Which is why I'm perplexed that we let Glenn go. 

Doesn't seem that perplexing to me - Glenn was scheduled to be a free agent; ie we can't force him to stay here.  He finished last year 3rd on the depth chart.  He undoubtedly wanted to find a team where he could be 2nd or 1st on the depth chart, and make more money as well.  We wouldn't make that commitment and let him go early so he could find that team.  Turns out there was a trainwreck about to happen just one province over.  Now he gets to be the conductor on that trainwreck.  Good for him I suppose.

23 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Doesn't seem that perplexing to me - Glenn was scheduled to be a free agent; ie we can't force him to stay here.  He finished last year 3rd on the depth chart.  He undoubtedly wanted to find a team where he could be 2nd or 1st on the depth chart, and make more money as well.  We wouldn't make that commitment and let him go early so he could find that team.  Turns out there was a trainwreck about to happen just one province over.  Now he gets to be the conductor on that trainwreck.  Good for him I suppose.

Yes I'm well aware you can't force someone to stay.

If that's how it played out, sure makes sense ($ and pecking order) but the obvious risk we're taking is overrating Dom Davis if something goes awry with Nichols. I have a feeling if Nichols went down for some reason last season, we would have seen Glenn regardless of 3rd string status.

Anyways, now that he is with Sask I hope him nothing but good fortune with a 0 and 18 record.