Around The League Off Season Discussion

And let's be honest... when your boss gets fired you probably aren't feeling super secure in your position.  Even if it's not more money, why wouldn't he take an NFL opportunity right now?  It will only increase his reputation in the CFL and someday a desperate team will probably throw a bunch of cash at him to come back and run their team. 

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

And let's be honest... when your boss gets fired you probably aren't feeling super secure in your position.  Even if it's not more money, why wouldn't he take an NFL opportunity right now?  It will only increase his reputation in the CFL and someday a desperate team will probably throw a bunch of cash at him to come back and run their team. 

Especially if you are a HC. The job security is poor at best. 

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Barker was just fired. He likely made his decision a while ago and has been applying for other jobs. It was rumoured that Milanovich wanted to get fired because he didn't like the structure of the organization. Also, if he was fired he would have been able to collect from the Argos for 2 years plus the Jags. It was looking like he wasn't going to get fired so he quit.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Because he's taken snaps in the CFL. In the minds of some that = a good backup QB.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Short answer: People aren't very bright.

Maybe because he took the riders to a win against ottawa putting up 350+ yards when the riders were 0 fer with durant previously on the season. Maybe because hes a little bit younger then davis, but played a ton more football at both college and the pro level. And managed to take a no2 spot and as previously mentioned start and win a game in the cfl. vs being a default no3. Or maybe because he has a better passing tool set. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe because he took the riders to a win against ottawa putting up 350+ yards when the riders were 0 fer with durant previously on the season. Maybe because hes a little bit younger then davis, but played a ton more football at both college and the pro level. And managed to take a no2 spot and as previously mentioned start and win a game in the cfl. vs being a default no3. Or maybe because he has a better passing tool set. 

Wow he won one game against Ottawa's third stringer, who came in off the bench if I remember.

His stats aren't that great either. 55% completion %, and last year he threw more ints than touchdowns.

I would think most (if not all) of Argo's free-agent will be going to free-agency. Maybe Coombs is feeling sorry he re-sgined with them already.

Diontae Spencer is a nice pickup if we can't re-sign McDuffie. 

Bryan Hall is a nice pickup if we cant re-sign Cummings.

Van Roten is a very good OL and can play all position on the line. 

Dupuis is a good replacement for Tuck. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yeah I like Cato.  Not sure if he's a better option than Davis, I'd like to see them both here competing for the backup job.

From what I saw of Cato last season I think he is a little emotionally unhinged, which is part of the PTSD acquired growing up in a Miami ghetto.  It looks like he would require plenty of babysitting.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

Like the Riders after next year? 

Lawless was rumouring that Condell was approached last night to help out and over see things in T.O., until a gm and coach is hired and through fa...That'll help but it sure has left the argos in somewhat of a bind...UNLESS they have Tom Clements already dialed up and come in as a gm/coach...I guess if Jones can do it in Regina....who knows...

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Lawless was rumouring that Condell was approached last night to help out and over see things in T.O., until a gm and coach is hired and through fa...That'll help but it sure has left the argos in somewhat of a bind...UNLESS they have Tom Clements already dialed up and come in as a gm/coach...I guess if Jones can do it in Regina....who knows...

But can he?

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

3DownNation confirms this as true...Condell now with the Argos. And, fwiw, Madani saying that the Argos tried to hire him in a similar "Special Advisor" role last year, but the TiCats blocked them on it. He's going to help with player personnel things, for the time being...

Edited by Noeller