Offical GDT: Bombers @ Alouettes August 26

Noeller

The Bombers can't possibly win 4 in a row...............................right?

Bombers haven't won coming off a bye in their last 4 attempts, dating back to 2012 or something...........

That said, Kevin Glenn can't possibly put together two complete games in a row.....................................right?

Bombers had been 5-0 vs Montreal until Sept of last year, but have lost the last two (reg season) vs Als........

Switched shifts at work so I could be done before the game starts. Get a real nice whisky buzz going by kickoff......see y'all in the chat....

Let's do this.... No better time for 4 in a row.

Als have a great D and they match up well vs lots of teams, bombers being one but... the bombers have a great D themselves.. I'm predicting a somewhat low scoring game and i see the road team winning this game. 

I think it will come down to the kicking game and i think the bombers kicker is a whole heck of a lot better than whoever Montreal has as kicker right now. 

Edited by Goalie

Special teams will make a big impact on the game today. Logan was setting Glenn and co. up nicely with big returns last week, now he meets a much better cover teams unit that has kept the league's best returner in check twice already.

Forcing Glenn to move the length of the field will be crucial and like Goalie said, the new kicker in Montreal vs Medlock? I know who I would bet on.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Let's do this.... No better time for 4 in a row.

Als have a great D and they match up well vs lots of teams, bombers being one but... the bombers have a great D themselves.. I'm predicting a somewhat low scoring game and i see the road team winning this game. 

I think it will come down to the kicking game and i think the bombers kicker is a whole heck of a lot better than whoever Montreal has as kicker right now. 

Me, I am seeing picks being game changers.  I don't think we will see a lot of BB sacks but I think Glenn might throw a pick or two with an early throw. I also agree the BB special teams will tilt the field position.  I am ready for the game right now.  

Woohoo game day!

Can we get to Glenn before he releases? We haven't had much success so far this season getting to him.

Can we stop Carter/Lewis? Let's hit them hard and get them off their game.

Can Carter try to pull that same BS he pulled against Ottawa? I would love to see O'Shea lay him out!

Can we keep winning? Yes, we can!

This is definitely a winnable game. Popp may a great GM, but not a good head coach and it looks like we have the horses to beat Montreal. The keys to the game are likely pressure on Glenn and taking Duron Carter away from him. Carter runs his mouth pretty good and if the Bomber d-backs can trash-talk him to distraction by a few jostles and borderline late hits, that ought to do it.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

The Bombers can't possibly win 4 in a row...............................right?

Bombers haven't won coming off a bye in their last 4 attempts, dating back to 2012 or something...........

That said, Kevin Glenn can't possibly put together two complete games in a row.....................................right?

Bombers had been 5-0 vs Montreal until Sept of last year, but have lost the last two (reg season) vs Als........

Switched shifts at work so I could be done before the game starts. Get a real nice whisky buzz going by kickoff......see y'all in the chat....

Will your posts reflect the progression of that buzz? If so, I'll be there for the show. :-) Go Blue!

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Just wait until you see Ray and I on the Untapped tonight. We've got three dozen beers coming to our beer night tonight after our group's individual trips through BC, Alberta and Minneapolis/ND

The beer flights will be flyin!

Mike likes this

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just wait until you see Ray and I on the Untapped tonight. We've got three dozen beers coming to our beer night tonight after our group's individual trips through BC, Alberta and Minneapolis/ND

The beer flights will be flyin!

Mike likes this

Beyond jealous...that sounds awesome. Can't wait to see your guys Untappd. I'm on a committee that's organizing our town's first ever Craft Beer Festival. There's a 5k "Fun Run" to start that has beer stations every km, so you run a KM, drink a beer, run a KM, drink a beer..... at the end, shuttle bus takes you to an indoor arena in town and there's going to be 4 breweries from Central AB with booths set up, telling you about their different beers, and we'll have a beer gardens area set up where you can just sit and chill....listen to tunes, play beer pong and some other games. Going to be a ridiculous day...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Beyond jealous...that sounds awesome. Can't wait to see your guys Untappd. I'm on a committee that's organizing our town's first ever Craft Beer Festival. There's a 5k "Fun Run" to start that has beer stations every km, so you run a KM, drink a beer, run a KM, drink a beer..... at the end, shuttle bus takes you to an indoor arena in town and there's going to be 4 breweries from Central AB with booths set up, telling you about their different beers, and we'll have a beer gardens area set up where you can just sit and chill....listen to tunes, play beer pong and some other games. Going to be a ridiculous day...

Or a hospital.