Mulumba-Bilukidi watch

Wouldnt even know what to do with my self if one, little on both of these guys fell into our lap. Talk about an embarrassment of riches. 

Maybe a trade, ideally for an OL. With Mulumba idk how we bench any of our LBers. Or take loffler out. Maybe if he came up itd be time to take a long hard look at a 3-4? Cant see that change happening mid season though. His value would be hurt if henoc gets cut again too. Perhaps we could move him to DE? he lists like 260 which would have to be among the biggest LBers in the cfl.

Bilukidi lists as a DE, but in a 3-4 system and at 310+lbs. Hes really athletic for such a big man, similar to when ron warner came back. Up here he could probably even play the nose.  I could see him coming in and rotating quickly. We have 2 vets at DT but the production up the middle hasnt been great. He also is behind one of the better 3-4 D lines in the nfl. 

I dont expect mulumba here, maybe ever. Hes polished enough and young enough that plenty of teams would carry him on the roster in the nfl. Hes a viable back up LBer and good on teams. 

Bilukidi has shown some flashes with bull rushing and is still young enough for teams to want to keep around as a developmental guy. Being as big and strong with such impressive burst could keep him around a while. But at the same time having not shown as much as mulumba along with new freak prospects coming in every year makes it more important for him to show flashes early and often in TC. Looking at the fan forum and through some of the early reports down there, bilukidi seems way down the depth chart. Like an after thought or TCF. Some thing to keep an eye on and see how it pans out.

http://forums.jetnation.com/forum/5-new-york-jets-message-board/

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

most likely, but mulumba has show a lot as a LBer and easily has the speed to play mlb in the cfl. Its a much better fit for his skill set. 

He's big for a MLB. I believe he carries 260 lbs body. He's well suited in the DE spot as some of the DE's in the CFL has played LB in the NFL. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

He's big for a MLB. I believe he carries 260 lbs body. He's well suited in the DE spot as some of the DE's in the CFL has played LB in the NFL. 

He is big and he does roll at 260. Physically he's well suited to DE. but his tool set and what hes shown at LB though is imense. Hes not a natural pass rusher, and hasnt been developing that skill down south as much as if he was playing end. Lber to end is far from the hardest transition in football. But he has mostly been the olb in a 3-4. Not lining up over blockers much, ranging to make tackles, covering some TEs, etc. He has the up side of a better version of henoc muamba / soloman eleminian at mlb or even playing in a similar roll to bass. Hes the scrape to the ball, funnel the line to him kinda guy. 

Either way would be a great problem to have. But I think he's too useful down there to end up here any time soon.

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

most likely, but mulumba has show a lot as a LBer and easily has the speed to play mlb in the cfl. Its a much better fit for his skill set. 

He was a DE at E Michigan... he's a pass rushing LB in the NFL (essentially a DE)... and he projects to be a DE in the CFL... I don't really think there's a debate about this...

7 hours ago, bearpants said:

He was a DE at E Michigan... he's a pass rushing LB in the NFL (essentially a DE)... and he projects to be a DE in the CFL... I don't really think there's a debate about this...

He played both ends and both OLB spots, moved spots but played a rover position for the most part. He was not by any means a typical DE.

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Mulumba is a pass rusher.  He's listed as a LB because he's played on teams that run a 3-4.  He's a DE.

Hes not though, he has the raw tools of a pass rusher but that hasnt been his game in college or in the nfl. 

6 hours ago, James said:

Most of the DE's up here played OLB down south.... the OLB in the NFL are the main pass rushers

Most DEs up here and college DEs that were too small to play the position in the NFL. not olbs. Olbs are not the main pass rushers unless the team plays a 4-3 over or an agressive pass rush 3-4.  In the ladder case teams in the nfl tend to have a package LB thats used like lawerence taylor. Lining up from many positions and pass rushing, delay blitz, spy etc. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He played both ends and both OLB spots, moved spots but played a rover position for the most part. He was not by any means a typical DE.

Hes not though, he has the raw tools of a pass rusher but that hasnt been his game in college or in the nfl. 

Most DEs up here and college DEs that were too small to play the position in the NFL. not olbs. Olbs are not the main pass rushers unless the team plays a 4-3 over or an agressive pass rush 3-4.  In the ladder case teams in the nfl tend to have a package LB thats used like lawerence taylor. Lining up from many positions and pass rushing, delay blitz, spy etc. 

I'm not sure why we're talking about this as a big deal. He's a pass rusher.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/ILB/Andy-Mulumba

"Expected to transition to linebacker at the next level. Fluid moving about the field, easily gets outside the numbers to chase the action, and shows ability in pursuit."

" Easily controlled at the point of attack by a single blocker. Marginal pass rushing skills."

1 sack in 22 nfl games, 4.5 in 2 years of college. thats 5.5 sacks in 46 games.

Has any one watched him play in college or in the nfl? He went to the nfl as a very raw guy with great natural ability. His skill set is similar to henoc muamba but better. Hes big for a mlb, but he easily has the quickness for it. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

The next level they are talking about Is the NFL. 

In the CFL he's a defensive end.  

Same size as Westerman pretty much 

"Easily controlled at the point of attack by a single blocker. Marginal pass rushing skills "

westerman had 26 sacks and 45 tackles for a loss before coming here. he was a natural pass rusher and had been developing as one since he started college. Pass rushing is technique and skill more then size and athleticism. One need look no further then Hubbard for that. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/ILB/Andy-Mulumba

"Expected to transition to linebacker at the next level. Fluid moving about the field, easily gets outside the numbers to chase the action, and shows ability in pursuit."

" Easily controlled at the point of attack by a single blocker. Marginal pass rushing skills."

1 sack in 22 nfl games, 4.5 in 2 years of college. thats 5.5 sacks in 46 games.

Has any one watched him play in college or in the nfl? He went to the nfl as a very raw guy with great natural ability. His skill set is similar to henoc muamba but better. Hes big for a mlb, but he easily has the quickness for it. 

Bass is improving game by game I would trade him for Mulumba in a heartbeat.

So to summarize this thread, Mulamba and Bilukidi's status remains completely unchanged since they are still fringe players trying to stick in the NFL one more season and there is no new indication that their eyes are turning north for work, and we should have had Gavin Walls play linebacker instead.

15 hours ago, mbrg said:

So to summarize this thread, Mulamba and Bilukidi's status remains completely unchanged since they are still fringe players trying to stick in the NFL one more season and there is no new indication that their eyes are turning north for work, and we should have had Gavin Walls play linebacker instead.

Mulumba is better then fringe. Hes solid. There were fans and media upset GB didnt bring him back. Bilukidi is very fringe. But i dont expect either to be in the first wave of cuts. 

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

You're right... if either of these guys have any chance of coming north any time soon... it would be Bilukidi... but I'm not holding my breath on either... 

Pretty much. Both are like holding a lotto ticket. A lotto ticket we paid dearly for sadly. Im a fan of bilukidi, his push up the gut is insane. As with any guy from the cfl, or canada in the nfl i hope they do well. But would rather see them play up here then sit on a bench / pr down there. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. Both are like holding a lotto ticket. A lotto ticket we paid dearly for sadly. Im a fan of bilukidi, his push up the gut is insane. As with any guy from the cfl, or canada in the nfl i hope they do well. But would rather see them play up here then sit on a bench / pr down there. 

I have no issue with the Bilukidi pick... for a guy who may wash out of the NFL in a few years, I don't think a 3rd rounder was too much... then again, Bilukidi was drafted by Baltimore so you knew he was more than training camp fodder... but taking a guy who has an NFL contract in hand 2nd overall... 

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I have no issue with the Bilukidi pick... for a guy who may wash out of the NFL in a few years, I don't think a 3rd rounder was too much... then again, Bilukidi was drafted by Baltimore so you knew he was more than training camp fodder... but taking a guy who has an NFL contract in hand 2nd overall... 

but all the top guys that year were going to try the NFL.