Mulumba-Bilukidi watch

35 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Looking at the historical data, I don't believe that this is correct.  The Stampeders definitely took Mike Labinjo in the third round in 2003, but no where do I see that that pick was originally Winnipeg's.  More-over, it seems strange that Calgary would accept a draft pick in 2003 for a player whose rights were being sent over to Winnipeg in late 2000 or early 2001.  Now if you look at the 2002 CFL draft, Calgary drafted Oosterhuis in the first round with Winnipeg's original pick.  Using logic, I would assume that this was the actual pick that Calgary got for Brown, and it would jive with the memories of a lot of people here.  What was especially humorous was that we ended up getting Oost after Calgary cut him in 2002, which meant that we got our first rounder pick (assuming we would have taken Oost) and therefore Brown for essentially nothing.

"And that’s when, as fate would have it, then Bombers GM Brendan Taman pulled off one of the greatest trades in club history by dealing their first-round pick in 2002 (Jon Oosterhuis, who would end up playing his entire career with the Bombers) and a third-round pick in 2003 for Brown."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Two-of-Bombers-best-inducted-into-Canadian-Football-Hall-of-Fame-355939041.html

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Bilikudi is an instant NI starter and star- even better, he wants to play in Ottawa. He is definitely worth a first-round choice or he sits.

That's a huge assumption.  Bikukidi has barely played in years and is carrying NFL weight.  Look at how Vaughn Martin is doing, a guy who actually played in the NFL, for what can happen.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

"And that’s when, as fate would have it, then Bombers GM Brendan Taman pulled off one of the greatest trades in club history by dealing their first-round pick in 2002 (Jon Oosterhuis, who would end up playing his entire career with the Bombers) and a third-round pick in 2003 for Brown."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Two-of-Bombers-best-inducted-into-Canadian-Football-Hall-of-Fame-355939041.html

Thanks. I guess I should have kept looking after I found the first answer.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Thanks. I guess I should have kept looking after I found the first answer.

Wait, wait. Let me make a tagline out of this.  :)

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's a huge assumption.  Bikukidi has barely played in years and is carrying NFL weight.  Look at how Vaughn Martin is doing, a guy who actually played in the NFL, for what can happen.

Hes a dt, and carrying similar weight to his college days. And he is some explosive for his size. Bilukidi played in his first year a decent bit too.

Doug Brown and to this point Westerman are kind of exceptions when it comes to guys with significant NFL careers being great CFLers in this era.  For the most part the NFL chews guys up and spits them out, by the time a guy is looking north he's basically damaged goods.  If I were a CFL GM I wouldn't trade a whole lot for either of our prospects.

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Looks like Bilukidi may be done with football.  He's left NYJ camp to pursue a business endeavor in Ottawa.

Well, even though someone just mentioned this was posted a week and a half ago, this helped me as I jump in and out of conversations sometimes not reading every post so thank you. 

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Relax.  I don't always have the time to churn through all of the threads and responses.  I saw a tweet, from today, that mentioned this, so I thought I would post it.  Sorry that it upset you so.

I guess I should have added a bunch of smilies to my post so you wouldn't take it so seriously and have your feelings hurt.