Depth

Nash00

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

I love how many people are jumping back on the bandwagon I do find this funny....

I'm glad we won the last two games...  but I will be more impressed when they start making the right decisions.....  such as replacing players who clearly suck after a few games rather the keeping them around for a full season before making the move. 

Yeah well I'm one of those perhaps MOS has learned under fire so to speak and has grown into his HC job. Still a stubborn SOB but then again so was Cal Murphy . They gotta make the playoffs though....

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

... you mean like they have been all year?

Hawkins, Green, Hubbard, Mayo, Sheppard have all been sat down for performance reasons this year.

The one thing I will say about O'Shea is his undying loyalty towards personnel has been toned down this year. He's sitting guys down when they're not doing their job.

I was more so referring to past years with the under achievers ...  I don't really want to see Neufeld back on the field once he is healthy.  

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Well, you do have a rookie GM, trying to rebuild from a tire fire.......in Regina, I mean.   Not so simple.....

I agree. And I sympathize with the fan base. We have been through it over and over and over. But they are already talking about walking out on the team after 6 games! At least we gave MOS/Walters/Miller to their 3rd season before starting to sharpen the pitch forks. And now the forks have been put back in the shed for the time being.... 

12 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I can't see the Rider fan base accepting a 3 year rebuild. They will want Jones outta town after this year if he can't show something in the second half of the season....

Not this year. For the most part they seem to understand how bad of a mess the team was in. The fans will give him to the end of next year to show improvement. If year 3 comes along and there's little hope for improvement, he'll be gone. But I don't see anyone demanding Jones be cut after this year no matter how bad their record is.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not this year. For the most part they seem to understand how bad of a mess the team was in. The fans will give him to the end of next year to show improvement. If year 3 comes along and there's little hope for improvement, he'll be gone. But I don't see anyone demanding Jones be cut after this year no matter how bad their record is.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?135571-Jones-needs-to-strip-himself-of-DC-title

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?135575-This-is-not-the-team-Jones-inherited

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?135572-Bingo-Jones-and-the-Saskatchewan-Roughriders

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?135573-Reynolds-and-Jones

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?135570-Im-Done

IDK. Looking like they won't take many more losses.

10 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I agree. And I sympathize with the fan base. We have been through it over and over and over. But they are already talking about walking out on the team after 6 games! At least we gave MOS/Walters/Miller to their 3rd season before starting to sharpen the pitch forks. And now the forks have been put back in the shed for the time being.... 

Not me. I wish they could rot. They are rider fans. Rider fans very very bad. 

21 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I read most of those, and anyone who suggest they should be feeling heat right now gets shot down pretty quick by the other posters. Lots of them are starting to come back to reality though on how good they will be this year/next. So that's nice.

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

this actually just goes to show you how short term a lot of the "die-hard" fans are... if they were truly committed for so many years they'd remember the... ohhhh, first 90, or so, years of the Riders existence.... 

EDIT: I read some of the "I'm done" thread and it sounds like there's maybe only a few doom and gloom-ers.... a lot of people recognize they are not getting a quick rebuild... 

Edited by bearpants

52 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this actually just goes to show you how short term a lot of the "die-hard" fans are... if they were truly committed for so many years they'd remember the... ohhhh, first 90, or so, years of the Riders existence.... 

EDIT: I read some of the "I'm done" thread and it sounds like there's maybe only a few doom and gloom-ers.... a lot of people recognize they are not getting a quick rebuild... 

I'll admit I didn't read into any of the threads as I don't really care to much about them. But the majority who said they were going to be awesome out of the gate have now taken the (we are rebuilding stage). I hope for them it doesn't get to the fire everyone stage. And even at 1-5 right now the LDC is still scaring me!

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I'll admit I didn't read into any of the threads as I don't really care to much about them. But the majority who said they were going to be awesome out of the gate have now taken the (we are rebuilding stage). I hope for them it doesn't get to the fire everyone stage. And even at 1-5 right now the LDC is still scaring me!

I'm never confident in the LDC... even in 2011... 7-1 vs 1-7 and I wasn't confident!

On 04/08/2016 at 4:06 PM, Brandon said:

I love how many people are jumping back on the bandwagon I do find this funny....

I'm glad we won the last two games...  but I will be more impressed when they start making the right decisions.....  such as replacing players who clearly suck after a few games rather the keeping them around for a full season before making the move. 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

... you mean like they have been all year?

Hawkins, Green, Hubbard, Mayo, Sheppard have all been sat down for performance reasons this year.

The one thing I will say about O'Shea is his undying loyalty towards personnel has been toned down this year. He's sitting guys down when they're not doing their job.

Agree, and good for O'Shea, but then there's the point Hodge made when he said ...

"12. What the heck was Mike O’Shea thinking playing Matt Nichols until the final snap of Wednesday night’s win? Darvin Adams, still fifth in CFL receiving yards despite missing Wednesday’s game, was lost for 6 to 8 weeks due to an upper-body injury he sustained in the final two minutes of last week’s game in Edmonton. This is football. Players get hurt. Nichols has proven that the Bombers are only going to go as far as he can take them — playing him until the final whistle was downright foolish, particularly when third-stringer Dominique Davis could have used the late-game reps."

The injury risk point is well made and I agree with Hodge. I would have liked to see Davis get some playing time in a game like that, too. Two good reasons to make a switch but for whatever reason, O'Shea is loathe to do so. I can't understand why. Does it not cross his mind or is he just that stubborn? If he didn't think of it, shouldn't Lapo have thought of it and said something? After all, Nichols did very little in the second half of that game. Makes me think it's just pure stubborness by O'Shea. 

Nichols is still catching up with everyone that has been playing for 6 weeks.  I don't mind him getting the snaps.  Don't really see any point to giving reps to Davis, he is the #3.  If he ends up playing this year we're out of the playoffs anyways... If Nichols goes down, it's obviously back to Drew Willy, not Davis.

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Nichols is still catching up with everyone that has been playing for 6 weeks.  I don't mind him getting the snaps.  Don't really see any point to giving reps to Davis, he is the #3.  If he ends up playing this year we're out of the playoffs anyways... If Nichols goes down, it's obviously back to Drew Willy, not Davis.

I wonder though how much longer Willy will be a Bomber. If Walters can deal him Davis immediately becomes #2.