OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

21 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Geeesh by reading the comments we could have won 68-0 and ppl would have complained we couldn't make it 70-0. I'm with WBBfanWest. 2pts is 2pts. The way I saw the second half was the D was letting them get some plays in getting downfield and when we needed it the D came up and stopped them. Basically letting the O rest a bit and killing the clock. There was never a moment in the second half where I felt we weren't going to win. 

There's an old adage, things are never as bad as they seem at the worst times and they're never as good as they seem at the best times. 

It was a great win, no one is going to deny that, but we've seen this team take it's foot off the gas before when they get a lead and it is a tendency that could cause trouble in the future when you don't have a 34 point lead. We saw it in the first game against Hamilton, we saw it against Edmonton as well. 

56 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There's an old adage, things are never as bad as they seem at the worst times and they're never as good as they seem at the best times. 

It was a great win, no one is going to deny that, but we've seen this team take it's foot off the gas before when they get a lead and it is a tendency that could cause trouble in the future when you don't have a 34 point lead. We saw it in the first game against Hamilton, we saw it against Edmonton as well. 

Sounds like the team recognizes this as well.

" Here’s what I’m thinking now, though: that fourth quarter wasn’t good enough. It was terrible. I guarantee you that when we look at the film we’re going to see mistakes that I made, that the linebackers made, the whole team. All that has to be fine-tuned if we want to be a playoff team. "

-Andrew Harris

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/08/05/upon-further-review-ham-vs-wpg/

Its not that it was Willy, moreso that the team lost faith in him. It was more about the team than it was about Willy. I like the move last week to get Willy into the game late. Need to get Drew going even if Nichols continues to start. Football is rough game, one hit away from Willy being back in there starting. I like having 2 qb's functioning well

20 hours ago, Atomic said:

Sounds like the team recognizes this as well.

" Here’s what I’m thinking now, though: that fourth quarter wasn’t good enough. It was terrible. I guarantee you that when we look at the film we’re going to see mistakes that I made, that the linebackers made, the whole team. All that has to be fine-tuned if we want to be a playoff team. "

-Andrew Harris

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/08/05/upon-further-review-ham-vs-wpg/

That was Big E Cummings

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

That was Big E Cummings

But its also what many of the realists here said after the game. It was an exhilarating, desperately needed win, but not without its flaws, and darned few winning teams can say that they played a flawless game which needed no improvements anywhere. I hope that neither the players nor the coaches think they can rest on their laurels. Tomorrow is another day and another game is looming.

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And being in field goal range is not the same as being in the red zone

35 yards is the cfl red zone. 

On 8/5/2016 at 1:06 PM, WBBFanWest said:

Classic Bomber "fan" comment there, classic...

fan doenst mean you cant be objective and realistic. A couple things this thread lacks greatly. As long as we win it was all willy. When we lose the same people will be calling for nichols job quickly, and saying performances like this were a product of D. 

On 8/5/2016 at 2:37 PM, IC Khari said:

Ya, or classic dumb comment ... (I'm thinking the truth is the latter).

You think it was 0% luck that masoli did a better chance of giving the ball to us then to his own guys? Or that we had the ball on hammy side of field on almost all our scoring drives? Nope course not. We won qb did it. We lose? qb did it. I hear nichols cleared up the storm too. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

And 50 yards is Medlocks's range.

Yes if you drive from deep in our end and kick a fg out side of the red zone thats good production. If you get the ball on the 30 and kick a fg that is not. The STs ability to execute and off set poor offensive play doesnt mean the offense played any better. That 2nd half challenges for the worst half we've had on offense this year.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

35 yards is the cfl red zone. 

fan doenst mean you cant be objective and realistic. A couple things this thread lacks greatly. As long as we win it was all willy. When we lose the same people will be calling for nichols job quickly, and saying performances like this were a product of D. 

You think it was 0% luck that masoli did a better chance of giving the ball to us then to his own guys? Or that we had the ball on hammy side of field on almost all our scoring drives? Nope course not. We won qb did it. We lose? qb did it. I hear nichols cleared up the storm too. 

Of course luck plays a part in the outcome of most games.  No team is so dominant that they can outscore another team 30+ to zero in one half simply on skill alone.  But that's a far cry from what you're saying.  You talk about being objective and realistic.  Here's some objective realism for you you to chew on.  We beat them.  We beat them bad.  They were never in the game at all.  They never mounted any sort of comeback like they did the game before.

Now, you can say that it was all luck or mostly luck, but I was there and what I saw was one team taking it to another big time.  Even in the second half, the Tiger Cats were ineffective.  Sure they moved the ball, but they didn't score much at all.  Funny thing is, when we moved the ball in the final quarter of games earlier in the year, lots of people were saying that moving the ball in garbage time proves nothing.  So I guess that must mean that what Hamilton did, they did during garbage time, so it doesn't really count for much.

Are we prefect yet?  Not even close, but we're better than we were.  Our depth looks better than most of us thought and the team seems to be ready to fight a lot harder now than they did.  So you can go with the "We're just lucky when we win" crap but please, don't pretend you're being objective, cause you ain't.

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Of course luck plays a part in the outcome of most games.  No team is so dominant that they can outscore another team 30+ to zero in one half simply on skill alone.  But that's a far cry from what you're saying.  You talk about being objective and realistic.  Here's some objective realism for you you to chew on.  We beat them.  We beat them bad.  They were never in the game at all.  They never mounted any sort of comeback like they did the game before.

Now, you can say that it was all luck or mostly luck, but I was there and what I saw was one team taking it to another big time.  Even in the second half, the Tiger Cats were ineffective.  Sure they moved the ball, but they didn't score much at all.  Funny thing is, when we moved the ball in the final quarter of games earlier in the year, lots of people were saying that moving the ball in garbage time proves nothing.  So I guess that must mean that what Hamilton did, they did during garbage time, so it doesn't really count for much.

Are we prefect yet?  Not even close, but we're better than we were.  Our depth looks better than most of us thought and the team seems to be ready to fight a lot harder now than they did.  So you can go with the "We're just lucky when we win" crap but please, don't pretend you're being objective, cause you ain't.

Sure they are, look at some of the bomber games the last hand full of years. Bad teams lose to luck, good teams win with luck great teams win no matter the breaks, and lose because of execution. 

That many turn overs, we have some play makers but that was the real turning point that kept us in good field position. That and teams. Teams was a lot more superior execution. We did a masterful job of maintaining the most dangerous return man in the league while getting great production our self on returns. 

But when you win a game with such a heavy split on scoring per half, with soo many points off turn overs, and with soo many chances to land a killing blow past up youve gotten lucky. Not often is that much of your offense going to come off turn overs. 

Does this team have the skill to step up and repeat that quality of performance and improve on it? yep. And a big part of that is going to be consistent execution on offense.  Still no reason for any D to respect our run game or deep ball. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

says who? red zone has always been referred to like 25 or even 20 yards out. 

Thats how its allways been. 20 yards is the american game. The up rights being right on the goal line makes the difference in yardage. Its also the spot when you have a touch back, etc. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sure they are, look at some of the bomber games the last hand full of years. Bad teams lose to luck, good teams win with luck great teams win no matter the breaks, and lose because of execution. 

That many turn overs, we have some play makers but that was the real turning point that kept us in good field position. That and teams. Teams was a lot more superior execution. We did a masterful job of maintaining the most dangerous return man in the league while getting great production our self on returns. 

But when you win a game with such a heavy split on scoring per half, with soo many points off turn overs, and with soo many chances to land a killing blow past up youve gotten lucky. Not often is that much of your offense going to come off turn over s. 

Does this team have the skill to step up and repeat that quality of performance and improve on it? yep. And a big part of that is going to be consistent execution on offense.  Still no reason for any D to respect our run game or deep ball. 

Killing blow?  That happened about three and a half minutes into the 1st quarter when we went up 14 - 0.  They scored 11 points in the whole game, so we actually had a bunch of killing blows because we scored a whole bunch more than 14.  Listen, yes, scoring more points in the 2nd half would have been nice, but here's the thing - we didn't need to.  We held them in check for the whole game and that's not luck.  

Last time I checked, the idea is to score more points than your opponent and it really doesn't matter at what point of the game you get them.  We did that.  If we had ended up winning the game 37-35 or something similar, where they mounted a 2nd half comeback and almost beat us, your argument might have some validity, but that's not how it went down.

And yes, we need to work more on or run game, and maybe get better execution on the deep ball, but I suspect that compared with earlier this year, there are few teams left that see us as the free space on the bingo card.

Edited by WBBFanWest

Luck? Maybe if you win a game on a 50 yard fg with no time left. That's luck. But winning by a score of 37 to 11? Yeah that's not luck.... that's an ass wooping. 

Bombers were the better team vs Hamilton and have been both times they played them this year. If anything I'd say Hamilton is kind of lucky cuz while 37 11 is an ass wooping.... it could have been way more. We beat them earlier 28 24... luck? Nope. Should have been another ass wooping. 

Wonder if Ottawa fans right now think they were lucky to beat edmonton tonight cuz hey... Reilly threw a pick that lead to the winning Ottawa fg. Probably not tho.... because bottom line... they won. That's all that matters  

Not sure why you'd say this game was luck... I mean we won by 26 points... no luck required. 

Why can't you just be happy we won the game? Cuz man winning by 26 and saying we were lucky makes me think you be trolling people bro 

Edited by Goalie