OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Nichols still makes some bad decisions and throws a floater here and there.... but man its nice to watch a team not fall apart.

Nichols still isn't a very good starting QB - but he's worlds better than Drew Willy this year. Willy looked terrible from the first snap of the pre season.

It's laughable that certain posters here have been attempting to absolve Drew Willy of the Bombers struggles.

Just now, Stickem said:

I think Willy has been outed as the qb. he really is....and wouldn't it have been nice to have had Nichols behind centre a helluva lot earlier in the season...Makes one wonder.

I think the OL made a huge difference tonight.  Huge. See what happens when you got guys who can run block. Nichols had a good game buy instead of 2-4 maybe we'd be 3-3. 

Just now, Blueandgold said:

Nichols still isn't a very good starting QB - but he's worlds better than Drew Willy this year. Willy looked terrible from the first snap of the pre season.

It's laughable that certain posters here have been attempting to absolve Drew Willy of the Bombers struggles.

And still trying to lay the same old ....it's the o line crap.....sorry we ain't buying.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think the OL made a huge difference tonight.  Huge. See what happens when you got guys who can run block. Nichols had a good game buy instead of 2-4 maybe we'd be 3-3. 

Even with average Quarterbacking(Nichols tonight) we beat Edmonton & Montreal at IGF, but we probably still lose to Calgary.

I'd like to see Drew Willy make a defender miss and hit Darvin Adams deep down the field like Nichols did. Seriously, has Willy made a play even similar to that ONCE all year?

A big difference I think was moving Hardwick to RT and Bond in at guard. Neufeld has never been very good as a Bomber, in fact he's been pretty terrible. I don't know why it took an injury for them to make this move and see the difference.

That said, Nichols was far and away better at QB tonight. Whether that will remain is yet to be determined, but he processed his reads efficiently, hit the quick throws and generally just had the offense moving much better. He played really, really well.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If anyone doesn't think that the 3 import OL didn't make a huge difference you are fooling yourself.  It's no coincidence Harris had his best game running. 

Thats true, but edmonton is also dead last in sacks in the cfl. But i am cautiously optimistic this core of guys can keep it going moving forward.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

For the record I'll be the first to admit that willy has sucked this year but.... 3 American OL certainly makes a difference. Bond was a beast out there. Harris running for over 100 plus yards shows you the OL does make a huge difference 

100 yards + on some 7 yards per carry in the first half alone. He was beasting. 

The whole team played better because....WE HAD SOMEONE WHO COULD PUT IT IN THE ENDZONE...You could tell in the first series of plays this club had a lift...There's going to be a lot of conjecture about our 400,OO0 dollar man and his future here...bet on it.