OK, it IS Willy ...

IC Khari

7 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I've lost all hope in Willys ability to make the quick decisions needed to be a productive starting QB in this league. His confidence has been shattered and I can't help but think that he is suffering some effects related to concussions. He just reminds me of Pierce near the end of his career. Dazed and confused. When he has the ball he just seems to either not be processing quick enough or he is second guessing way too often.

It didn't seem appropriate to "like" this post but I sure do agree with you. Poor Willy always had to play behind the putrid O-line. Poor guy never got to play behind the one Nichols is playing behind now. Nichols was getting all night to throw.

7 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The however part for me it sure does feel good that we have Willy to come in if necessary. Depth, Depth, Depth. 

I dunno. Willy could be the new Brohm, at $410,000.

4 hours ago, J5V said:

It didn't seem appropriate to "like" this post but I sure do agree with you. Poor Willy always had to play behind the putrid O-line. Poor guy never got to play behind the one Nichols is playing behind now. Nichols was getting all night to throw.

yeah I have to say that it isn't a coincidence that the offense started playing better once Mr. Bond came on the scene.  And that happened with the emergence of Mr. Loffler as our new star safety giving us the roster flexibility.  Would Willy be doing as well as Nichols if he had three Internationals starting from day one instead of Pat Neufeld at tackle?  That is an interesting question.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 8/13/2016 at 11:10 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I have to say that it isn't a coincidence that the offense started playing better once Mr. Bond came on the scene.  And that happened with the emergence of Mr. Loffler as our new star safety giving us the roster flexibility.  Would Willy be doing as well as Nichols if he had three Internationals starting from day one instead of Pat Neufeld at tackle?  That is an interesting question.

No doubt the Oline improved once they started 3 Internationals.  Which coincided with Nichol's first start, lucky him.  But a lot of the sacks Willy has taken over the years are on him (taking too long to progress through his reads, getting happy feet, not recognizing the blitz, not throwing the ball away, etc) and not the Oline.  Nichols does a better job of getting rid of the ball and avoiding the pressure than Willy has over the past couple of seasons.  Even when he does get sacked, I have faith that Nichols is taking it to protect the ball and not because he messed up or didn't see it coming.  I don't have the same faith in Willy these days. But I hope Willy can figure it out when and if his chance comes again.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:15 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

To quote Norm MacDonald "that Charles Manson was a real jerk".

Bye week so excuse me for digressing...but you brought up Norm....

This week in the O.J. Simpson trial, the infamous bloody glove was finally introduced into evidence. And O.J. didn’t help his case any by blurting out, “There it is! I’ve been looking all over for that thing!” (4/8/95)

In a surprise move, O.J. Simpson has offered to give an interview to CNN, with “absolutely no ground rules.” But interviewers Greta van Susteren and Roger Cossack have asked for one: “Dont kill us!” (12/9/95)

According to the National Transportation Safety Board, sleepy truckers are responsible for one thousand deaths a year. In second place? O. J. Simpson at two deaths a year. (1/21/95)

Who are safer drivers? Men or women? Well, according to a new survey, 55 percent of adults feel that women are most responsible for minor fender-benders, while 78 percent blame men for most fatal crashes. Please note that the percentages in these pie graphs do not add up to 100 percent because the math was done by a woman. … For those of you hissing at that joke, it should be noted that that joke was written by a woman, so now you don’t know what the hell to do, do ya? No, I’m just kidding, we don’t hire women. (12/13/97)