Week 3 (vs Ham...Now With Depth Chart)

Noeller

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

I noticed Brendan Morgan and Derek Jones getting lots of time on defence in the second half.  Not sure if there was an injury but Hawkins didn't seem to be out there too much as the game went on.  If I'm not mistaken.  

I thought Hawkins was terrible...also looked slow.

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

I noticed Brendan Morgan and Derek Jones getting lots of time on defence in the second half.  Not sure if there was an injury but Hawkins didn't seem to be out there too much as the game went on.  If I'm not mistaken.  

According to Bob Irving Hawkins was benched in the second half for Jones.  The guy was only on the roster for 3 days prior to the game so I think he deserves a bit of slack.

On 07/07/2016 at 11:41 PM, Noeller said:

I was out at a charity golf tournament today, so I had the PVR set and managed to stay in blackout mode, so I played catch-up on the PVR, avoiding texts/BBMs/FB msgs from 17to85, Coorsman and a few others........man that's some kinda game. Leggett and the D were outstanding for the most part (I still don't understand why Tasker is allowed to sit on the 1st down marker with nobody around for miles on 2nd and long) and full marks for that win. Macho's kick recovery is incredible and I'm going to give credit to MOS as much as the players. Great call. I really think the offense is going to take a lot of time to figure out what Lapo is doing, so this was a little bit of progress (as noted earlier this week, all I really wanted to see). Jace Davis is going to be a beauty in this league for a long time, if he stays healthy.

And cap tip to TBurg for a nice post in this thread...maybe my favourite post of his ever.

And I know you don't agree but imagine, just imagine, what the games would be like if the Oline could ever roll into the form of some of the great Olines we've had in the Walby/Blink/Sellers days. Harris + Good Oline = wins, baby!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Wait...do you think Walby played with Blink and Sellers?

Nope. AFAIK none of them played together, but the Olines in those days were better than what we have now. Watch those Sellers/Blink highlights again and watch the job the Olines did. I know you don't agree but those guys were moving people. Walby of course, was a beast when we were last winning cups. I'm just trying to imagine how good we'd be if we could once again move people off the line like we did in those days.

Just re-watched the game, say what you will about Austin's Ti-Cats but the one thing they do not do is lie down and take it.  They played poorly against the Bombers and made countless mistakes but even with their second string QB and 6 T.O.'s they were still scratching and clawing to the very end.

22 hours ago, J5V said:

Nope. AFAIK none of them played together, but the Olines in those days were better than what we have now. Watch those Sellers/Blink highlights again and watch the job the Olines did. I know you don't agree but those guys were moving people. Walby of course, was a beast when we were last winning cups. I'm just trying to imagine how good we'd be if we could once again move people off the line like we did in those days.

Bombers OL during Mike Sellers time, specifically, was so bad, it shortened Khari Jones' career by close to a decade. He took a worse beating than just about any QB that I've ever seen. The only respectable OL we had between Walby's era till now (still bad) is the Doug Berry years, with Gauthier, Picard and Khan....that was a good OL....and the only one we've had in about 20 years.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bombers OL during Mike Sellers time, specifically, was so bad, it shortened Khari Jones' career by close to a decade. He took a worse beating than just about any QB that I've ever seen. The only respectable OL we had between Walby's era till now (still bad) is the Doug Berry years, with Gauthier, Picard and Khan....that was a good OL....and the only one we've had in about 20 years.

Kyle Koch and Labatte were Bomber developed OL, ready to step up...

And then we blew it up.

And dumped Joe Smith for Lazarus Giles(?)

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Goodspeed I believe was part of that crew as well, unless I'm getting my years mixed up. I thought he did well for us until his final season with the team.

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I would also add - they didn't have Canadian backing up Gauthier, banking on him staying healthy, which he did. 

I know that everyone is ragging on the officials over that 3rd qter offside call, but when I looked at it again you can see why it was called this way. Winnipeg was lined up offside right from the start. The Refs have to wait for the ball to be called into play, but at that point the Hamilton receivers ran offside. The officials had to call the original infraction. 

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I do believe the 5 in the Grey Cup were Goodspeed Andrew Greene Picard Sheridan Gauthier 

Greene seems to be forgotten by Bomber fans a bit but he was really really good for them. Goodspeed and Gauthier were reall solid as well. Was a good line, just didn't last long.