Calgary - Canada Day

If you don't mind a 10 minute walk, I've always been able to find a place to park in the residential area north of McMahon.  I think it's north.  I don't know, I don't live there.  The mountains are in front of me and McMahon is on the left.  That should equal north.

C Train for sure. We always park at the zoo and go from there... If you're coming from the south, park at Fish Creek or one of those south end ones and head up. 

Edited by Noeller

10 hours ago, northof60 said:

I'm coming in from the south. What's the best plan for getting to a game? C-Train, or is there lots of parking near the Stadium?

If you are willing to pay there's plenty of parking at the university, that's what I always do when coming from the south because who wants to ride the train for that long after a game?

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you are willing to pay there's plenty of parking at the university, that's what I always do when coming from the south because who wants to ride the train for that long after a game?

Monocle-man_545.gif

13 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Ooops! I hope he doesn't think he still plays for the Riders...they play on Thursday!! 

13 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

concussions will do that...

You did notice that's the CFL twitter account, not a quote from Dressler right?

I'll say this....I feel better about this week's game, than I did about last week. I feel like Calgary is going to start off this season on a big slide and all of the horse-f***er media are going to be "O NOES!1! HUFF COME BACK11!!"

Edited by Noeller

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'll say this....I feel better about this week's game, than I did about last week. I feel like Calgary is going to start off this season on a big slide and all of the horse-f***er media are going to be "O NOES!1! HUFF COME BACK11!!"

Wishful thinking! We'll do what we typically do in Calgary. Play well, make the Stamps sweat it out for a bit but end up coming short. We never win in Calgary but we'll win the moral department at least!!

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

One win in Calgary since what.. 2002?

That's the kind of pie in the sky optimism from him that makes it really hard for me to take him seriously. We're something around 1-14 in Calgary last 15 years or so and he belts out "HEY WE JUST WON THERE"

le sigh.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

Not scared of the Stamps. We'll hang 30+ on them this week.

A buddy of mine just sent me some stats on scoring 30 points. Current streak by a CFL team failing to score more than 30 points during regular season.

No other team has a streak longer than 6 games.....WPG on the other hand is currently sitting at 34. The last time we scored more than 30 points was Jully 11th 2014 in MTL. Sooooo WE'RE DUE!!!!!

I am picking the bombers to win. CGY looked bad last week. Considering how many punt blocks they had that game should have been over much earlier. No Rogers, No fuller, No Cornish, No Raymond. That's a lot of production to not have and it showed.

45 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Calgary looks completely beatable this season.  They're going to miss having Rogers who did some damage against us last year.

Not a stretch by any means to think we can't steal one there this time, considering last season with better kicking we likely would have won the game there.  

They have the next in line in Kamar Jordan to take Rodgers spot.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

A buddy of mine just sent me some stats on scoring 30 points. Current streak by a CFL team failing to score more than 30 points during regular season.

No other team has a streak longer than 6 games.....WPG on the other hand is currently sitting at 34. The last time we scored more than 30 points was Jully 11th 2014 in MTL. Sooooo WE'RE DUE!!!!!

I am picking the bombers to win. CGY looked bad last week. Considering how many punt blocks they had that game should have been over much earlier. No Rogers, No fuller, No Cornish, No Raymond. That's a lot of production to not have and it showed.

That stat is so bad it's unbelievable.

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They have the next in line in Kamar Jordan to take Rodgers spot.

lol Jorden is not the next Rogers. You could tell in Rogers first full game with the stamps that he was going south soon. He was THAT good. Jorden looked decent, but he's no Rogers.

20 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

That stat is so bad it's unbelievable.

so unbelievable that's it's actually not correct (not that the reality is much better)... I was curious so I quickly looked into it (regular season only)...

These teams scored 30 or more in their last game: Hamilton (week 1), Ottawa (week 1), Edmonton (week 1), Sask (week 20 last year)

Here's the rest: Toronto, Oct 6 (6 games)... Calgary, Oct 31 (2 games)... BC, Oct 23 (3 games)... Montreal Oct 23 (3 games)...

Then there's the Bombers... opening day 2015, 30-25 win over the riders (18 GAMES!!)

...aaaaaand after all of that I realized you said 30+... meaning 31 or more.... in which case the stat is actually correct... and all my numbers above may not be correct but I don't feel like going back and checking... either way, the current longest streak of scoring under 30 is the bombers at 18 games and second is Toronto at 6 games :wacko:

Edited by bearpants