Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I suspect they are being housed, fed and 'given jobs' by 'Riders Supporters', not technically the team itself. Gives the Riders some plausible deniability. If they are practicing with the team, that's way over the line.

Doesn't protect the "supporters" though.  Can't just hire Americans just because you feel like it.

25 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Doesn't protect the "supporters" though.  Can't just hire Americans just because you feel like it.

You don't have to "hire" them....there are other ways to slip money to these players. Still, is a crime not a crime if it is done only a few times as opposed to many times? Whose hands are clean, and does the degree of cheating determine if it is cheating or not?

6 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Out of curiosity, how many posters who wanted the Bombers to bring in Murphy the Wonder Boy have a different opinion of him now. He's in this mess as much as Jones.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys. He is indeed a big part of this. He has screwed up IMO but that doesn't mean he won't learn from this.

Don't know if people have seen this link about Popp ripping into his players yet: 

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/jim-popp-tore-into-alouettes-players-after-loss-sources

"Several sources have told the Montreal Gazette veteran defensive-back Billy Parker challenged and took offence with some of Popp’s comments, especially how they would be perceived by a segment of the dressing room who have families. Popp immediately apologized and explained what he meant. Popp then asked the players if they understood the tone and were able to move on. The players remained silent."

Saskatchewan and Montreal drawing a lot of negative attention.

Excuse me while I get my popcorn.

On 09/08/2016 at 4:00 PM, WinnipegGordo said:

I think the Riders believe its still training camp;

If you read the replies to Mccormick's tweet, even rider fans knew there was something going on with extra players.  One tweet (which went out before BLM tweeted about it) says as much.

Edited by bigg jay

I'm sure most teams keep 4 or 5 guys around town but if the number 96 is true then sweet baby Jesus that's troubling.  

8 other teams x 5 guys kept around = 40. 

Riders apparently have 96. That's pretty ridiculous 

If true... take draft picks away. Fine them a million bucks and do more cuz fact is.... this is very troubling. The integrity of the league is at stake here. 

Edited by Goalie

Man this site is dead this week though. I'm looking for updates on guys like Ryan Smith and Johnny Adams and literally the only discussion going on is about the gongshow Riders. It would be nice if there was a little more discussion about the Bombers/Argos game this week :).

Edited by Blueandgold

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think the difference between the Riders and us (and every other team) is the sheer volume of players they're keeping around. This is ridiculous...

I do not know if what you are saying is true or not. The question is, have any rules been broken?? If the riders have more players than say the bombers do, is that a broken rule? Not liking something and it being against the rules are two separate things

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Is there any proof of this. What do I have to investigate. Are the Riders not innocent until proven guilty?? Or is Twitter a reliable source?

Please. Reporters wouldn't tweet if their sources aren't rock solid. They have a reputation to worry about. Your team has been outted & it has to be embarrassing for you as a fan.

Edited by iso_55