Bombers Opener June 24 ... (also Laine Day!)

IC Khari

Think they are going to have to establish a run game first and then can go deep more. They didn't really do that until the third and that's when Montreal started to give up some yards. In the first quarter they need to run run run rum so the opposing D sits back more and then boom over the top. It's basic. Establish Harris.  Do that and the O will be better. Willy didn't have much time in the first half but when he did he looked hesitant... much better in the second half tho but it was too late. The minute Harris started getting touches wad the minute the 0 looked more competent. Establish Harris first. Then you can go with the deep passes. Jace Davis had a nice game tho 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Think they are going to have to establish a run game first and then can go deep more. They didn't really do that until the third and that's when Montreal started to give up some yards. In the first quarter they need to run run run rum so the opposing D sits back more and then boom over the top. It's basic. Establish Harris.  Do that and the O will be better 

I also think thats a great idea, but if Willy cant hit the broadside of a barn.....We might as well just promote Flanders to QB and run the Wildcat

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Think they are going to have to establish a run game first and then can go deep more. They didn't really do that until the third and that's when Montreal started to give up some yards. In the first quarter they need to run run run rum so the opposing D sits back more and then boom over the top. It's basic. Establish Harris.  Do that and the O will be better 

I don't think so. Montreal had already started to let up. The only reason they were moving the ball was because it was already garbage time and the Bombers survive by looking good in garbage time. That is the one talent in which they truly excel.

Just now, BomberDynasty said:

I don't think so. Montreal had already started to let up. The only reason they were moving the ball was because it was already garbage time and the Bombers survive by looking good in garbage time. That is the one talent in which they truly excel.

They weren't letting up at all. Don't be ridiculous.  They sent the house a ton in the second half also. So the entire 3rd and 4th was garbage time? Give me a break with that crap 

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Cant believe we finished with 400+ yards in that s**t show. Seeing that would make people believe this game was close. Mind you Montreal might have had close to 600 if not for some iffy/ill-timed penalties.

No joke. They seemed to stop blitzing and harris really started to get touches and grind in the 3rd qt. But when it counted, when we needed first downs, yards, an answer to montreals momentum we got nadda.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No kidding.  If you have 2-3 guys on the OL getting their ass kicked play after play it doesn't really matter who else is on the field or who is calling the plays/what plays are called.  You just can't do anything, and especially with any level of consistency.

I get that everyone has their opinions as to what went wrong tonight/what is wrong with the team and they're entitled to that regardless of how incorrect they are in terms of legitimately understanding the X's and O's of the game and what they're actually watching.

So with that it's refreshing the select few that actually understand what's going on and why this team has issues. Well said JBR.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

No joke. They seemed to stop blitzing and harris really started to get touches and grind in the 3rd qt. But when it counted, when we needed first downs, yards, an answer to montreals momentum we got nadda.

Maybe they will learn from this game and try to establish Harris early in the first half.  Would like to see them use Flanders as a change of pace back as well.

45 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I think Willy was a case of the Bombers brass feeling the heat after so many loosing seasons and brutal QB play by the seemingly never ending parade of garbage coming through town. I think they threw a dart at Willy, crossed their fingers, and hoped for the best. So far theyve missed the board completely.

I was a big proponent for Willy over Burris. But in hindsight, it looks like targeting Burris was the right move and willy was our third choice for a good reason. 

I'm not sure that Burris would be much better behind our oline. 

Oline is an issue. Bryant even look lost at times. Chungh potential. Goose potential.  Hardrick looked bad. Neufeld sucks. Couture potential buy young. Rookie 

I'd try bond next game 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Walters has done a good job. He's improved our cdn depth for sure. McManus and company tho need to step up and find some better imports 

Walters is 12-25 as GM, 14 and 35 if you count the interim team as GM.

We're 7-21 at IGF.

We don't recruit american talent well, so he overpays in free agency.

He has not done a good job. Want to defend the Waggoner blunder again? That pick would have netted us a nice OL. How about Addison Richards instead of Durant. Morgan instead of Waud.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Walters is 12-25 as GM, 14 and 35 if you count the interim team as GM.

We're 7-21 at IGF.

We don't recruit american talent well, so he overpays in free agency.

He has not done a good job. Want to defend the Waggoner blunder again? That pick would have netted us a nice OL. How about Addison Richards instead of Durant. Morgan instead of Waud.

I suggested the Waggoner pick was god awful the entire off season and was ripped to shreds by the peanut gallery. The guy just isn't a starter in the CFL and we missed out on a starting lineman like gagnon to take him.

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Walters has done a good job. He's improved our cdn depth for sure. McManus and company tho need to step up and find some better imports 

If he has done a good job, we need to see major improvements in all areas - national and international depth.  Another year without the playoffs means he will have done a worse job than Mack.