Preseason 2 - Ottawa

Jpan85

Fantastic job by Lapo.

He has kept that new uptempo, quick release, uber YAC attack extremely well hidden and securely under wraps.  The double doses of vanilla are certainly doing the trick.  In fact... and this is sheer brilliance  - it even resembles his last tour here. 

Wait until the real bullets fly.....or the screwcaps....

Edited by do or die

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't see how Bucknor keeps a spot. Randle is shutdown.  Adams hasn't played cuz of injury but was very good last year. That's your 2 corners. Bruce Johnson is underrated. But ya there is one open spot at HB. Fogg maybe or I dunno really. 

It looked like Randle was playing the far corner tonight and Bucknor the short side, am I wrong?

I think they both played the same position tonight. Think Randle started.  Was pulled after a bit. Bucknor went in and got lit up. Could be wrong but looked like that to me. Not sure Randle and Bucknor were on the field at the same time 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Just like last week or really 5 days ago... I wouldn't read to much in to this game. 

Lots of our starters especially DL didn't play. Some did but lots didn't.  

Yah, can't be too worried about the D as I'm fully consumed worrying about the O.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Seems like Derek Jones is getting zero reps as a DB... thought he would be stepping up to replace Bucknor by now

Bucknor, Posey and Harris were not good.  Still not sure about Fogg... really need Adams back and Legget back at S.

Would really be looking at Burnett at SAM or even Sherman... Sherman not great but not our worst DB

Sloppy game...  scary thinking that our starting OL was on the field for most of it.

Seems like another year without a standout WR recruited.

The real concern was the OL, I know some people are trying to place the blame on Willy but give your heads a shake, they couldn't open up any room to run and got stuffed on 3rd and short twice cause they got absolutely 0 push. The OL got physically man handled last night plain and simple. 

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If people weren't even a bit concerned after last night, they weren't paying attention. The o-line couldn't block, the receivers couldn't get open, Willy looked indecisive, and the play calling looked uber-conservative.

Let's hope they clean it up. A lot.

well just adding dressler should open up a lot more for the receivers because the guy is a vet and knows how to get open so I'm really not worried about the receivers. Lots of bodies in there who will be gone in the next little while as well. The OL thought... if they insist on using Neufeld I don't forsee a lot of good things coming but if they get over themselves and actually commit to 3 americans then it could be alright. 

Was such a Lapo offense though. Boring, predictable and "safe" which of course led to a lot of 2 and outs. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

lochard, we need a nuck to back up so thats 2. Our long snapper is also a RB and then flanders. Im not at all against a change of pace back. Im not sure flanders really is a change of pace but he certainly would give us another wrinkle on the offense. 

Our LS is actually a WR by trade... though no one ever expects to see him on the offense... unless you're referring to Tim Cronk, the back up (possibly 3rd string after Wild)... he's a FB...

I watched the game on PVR, so kind of in fast motion... but that being said, I was concerned with a lot of things I saw last night... specifically on offense... receivers not getting open... O-line opening up some major holes... for the wrong team... Drew Willy holding onto the ball for too long... the offense being based around 3 yard dump passes (hopefully that can be attributed to the pre-season playbook)... I really don't feel comfortable with a bend-don't-break defence... I'd like to see more 2-and-outs and more pressure up front... we basically brought an entirely back-up D-line so I'm hoping that's a major factor.... never the less, this team has some work to do... and I really hope they fix up these things before the real tests being...