Preseason 2 - Ottawa

Jpan85

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Well how are they going to add complexity if they can't execute simple?

LOL - good point. Teams seems to be doing a bit better with Nichols in the lineup but then again I'm sure Ottawa has their scrubs in now so it's not really fair, but IMO Willy is, well Willy. I know a lot here love him but I still say after that 5 and 1 start Willy has done absolutely nothing but be extremely inconsistent. 

That being said - he wasn't exactly running a top level offense either. 

Anyway, I agree with Goalie on his post - I think the Bombers are keeping it pretty Vanilla out there. They don't really want to tip their hand as to what their game plans will be. I'm sure when the real season starts, we'll see a much more imaginative offense, one designed to protect Willy, and hopefully Willy will get comfortable with his new teammates, his oline, and LaPo's offense in a hurry. 

IMO, this is Willy's year - if he can stay healthy this year will define who he is. Is he a true #1 guy, the guy we saw in the first 6 games two years ago, or he is another of a long line of Wpg QB busts? Or will he be somewhere in between that? 

Anyway, looking forward to the fourth quarter - lets see if we can come back

50 minutes ago, KptKrunch said:

LOL - good point. Teams seems to be doing a bit better with Nichols in the lineup but then again I'm sure Ottawa has their scrubs in now so it's not really fair, but IMO Willy is, well Willy. I know a lot here love him but I still say after that 5 and 1 start Willy has done absolutely nothing but be extremely inconsistent. 

That being said - he wasn't exactly running a top level offense either. 

Anyway, I agree with Goalie on his post - I think the Bombers are keeping it pretty Vanilla out there. They don't really want to tip their hand as to what their game plans will be. I'm sure when the real season starts, we'll see a much more imaginative offense, one designed to protect Willy, and hopefully Willy will get comfortable with his new teammates, his oline, and LaPo's offense in a hurry. 

IMO, this is Willy's year - if he can stay healthy this year will define who he is. Is he a true #1 guy, the guy we saw in the first 6 games two years ago, or he is another of a long line of Wpg QB busts? Or will he be somewhere in between that? 

Anyway, looking forward to the fourth quarter - lets see if we can come back

Are the Eskimos playing?  Cuz what's this we stuff about 

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Totally just realized this now but why are we wearing blue and Ottawa white? 

Teams will be wearing the same colours for both pre-season games this year, for whatever reason....something the league decided.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Not a great showing by the first team guys.  That offensive line, still such a huge concern.  I wonder if they will use 3 Americans and have Neufeld as the sixth man.

I think that's a viable conclusion, none of them looked very good tonight including Jace Daniels.   Bond is the lucky one who got to stay home.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Not a great showing by the first team guys.  That offensive line, still such a huge concern.  I wonder if they will use 3 Americans and have Neufeld as the sixth man.

Barring a small miracle, thats probably what we are looking at. But Willy did not look sharp at all-very tentative.