Coaching Staff 2016

Goalie

I still think MB had a lot to do with our O struggles, especially on the Oline, i think his schemes were just that bad. We will see this year but i expect the OLINE to be much improved... Bryant is a good to great tackle, Chungh looked good and was a rookie, Goossen will be better than Picard, Daniels is very underrated as a tackle.. They have 4 good pieces on the OLINE, the one guard spot is a mystery but... maybe they go American there also... 

Think MB's Schemes played a huge role.. it's like Montreal all over again, he got canned and the next year they gave up less than half the sacks they gave up when he was there. I think history will repeat itself that way. 

• 3 weeks later...

WINNIPEG, MB – Winnipeg Blue Bombers Head Coach Mike O'Shea today announced the appointment of former CFL linebacker, Glen Young, as the club's Linebackers Coach. Young joins the Blue Bombers after three seasons at The College at Brockport as Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach. Young spent 13 years playing professional football in the NFL and the CFL, winning two Grey Cups with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2003 and 2005.

Born in Scarborough, Ontario, Young joins the Blue Bombers with nine years of coaching experience, and returns to the CFL after an eight-year playing career with Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto. Young played in 122 career CFL games and five playoff games.

Following Young's standout college career at Syracuse, he played four years in the NFL with Los Angeles, Buffalo and San Diego, where he was a special teams captain for three seasons prior to coming to the CFL.

Current Linebackers Coach Greg Knox will now take over as the club's Defensive Backs Coach.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:58 AM, 17to85 said:

Well my solution would have been to not hire him in the first place. I mean we fired the guy twice for good reasons 

Yeah. And at this point, he has to adapt to what he has. If the bombers dont make the play offs this year at the very least the entire coaching staff will be looking for work else where this year. Maybe front office too.  

I don't really care about MOS or any other coaches playing bio. I am more concerned about their resume coaching in the pros. LaPo was hell bent on hiring a group of college coaches when he was HC because he said he wanted good teachers. I want good coaches with a pro coaching background. 

8 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

I don't really care about MOS or any other coaches playing bio. I am more concerned about their resume coaching in the pros. LaPo was hell bent on hiring a group of college coaches when he was HC because he said he wanted good teachers. I want good coaches with a pro coaching background. 

Idk why your concerned with who lapo hired, that was ages ago. Im more concerned with the offense he ran.

So if confirmed, the Bombers coaching staff will look like this...

O'Shea - HC

LaPolice - OC /  Receivers

Pierce - QB

Wylie - OL

Cobourne - RB

Costello - assistant OL?

Hall - DC

Howard - DL

Young - LB

Knox - DB

Boudreau - ST

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

So if things start out poorly and MOS gets gunned does LaPo then become HC, OC and WR coach. He probably thinks he could do it too.

Lapo can become interim whatever he wants to if Walters decides to can O'Shea mid-season but I hope they wait till the next off-season and acquire the best available HC.  Worst case scenario there should be a couple of good coordinators looking for HC positions in the next few years.

On 4/7/2016 at 1:58 PM, DR. CFL said:

So if things start out poorly and MOS gets gunned does LaPo then become HC, OC and WR coach. He probably thinks he could do it too.

Imop if we did a mid season firing of MOS (which i think is very very unlikely.) plop would become HC pierce would probably become asst OC and take over WRs 

While Mike O'Shea is no Don Matthews neither is Paul Lapolice. Firing O'Shea to replace him with Lapo just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

If O'Shea does get fired it's probably because Willy is injured and the team is struggling on offense. If Willy is injured again, or getting horribly beat up and is being chased out of the pocket and being rushed to make throws and is therefore unproductive, that suggests to me that it is the O-line that is the real problem and is still the weak link on this football team.

If Walters tries to fire O'Shea under those circumstances then Miller should fire Walters too since Walters has done little to nothing to help O'Shea keep his QB upright, protected, and productive. The problems with this organization run deeper than Mike O'Shea.

31 minutes ago, J5V said:

While Mike O'Shea is no Don Matthews neither is Paul Lapolice. Firing O'Shea to replace him with Lapo just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

If O'Shea does get fired it's probably because Willy is injured and the team is struggling on offense. If Willy is injured again, or getting horribly beat up and is being chased out of the pocket and being rushed to make throws and is therefore unproductive, that suggests to me that it is the O-line that is the real problem and is still the weak link on this football team.

If Walters tries to fire O'Shea under those circumstances then Miller should fire Walters too since Walters has done little to nothing to help O'Shea keep his QB upright, protected, and productive. The problems with this organization run deeper than Mike O'Shea.

I agree in that plop wouldnt be an upgrade from mos. And that if the parachute gets pulled on mos it should take walters out too. I really dont think this front office fires a coach mid season though.

While firing a HC in mid season seldom results in a real positive turnaround the challenge is dealing with the perception that there isn't a problem and nothing needs to be done. We have been left to digest that scenario in the current cry for patience.

On 4/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I don't see Miller or Walters letting anyone go mid season, unless we start off something just so god awful there is no choice like 0-8 or worse. I think Oshea is here for the season no matter what. And his fate for next year will be determined then.

I'd question the sanity of anybody who lets a season get worst than 0-8