Bombers Sign Macho Harris and DL Sheyon Green

Jpan85

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was in Costco yesterday and ran into some people in line who were Rider fans (came up as we were chatting).  They were cheesed that we've signed all of their players and I was cheesed that we had signed all of their players.  So it was a mutual cheesing.

Classic! 

If we can't be at least cautiously optimistic and a tad excited about prospects, what's the point of being a fan of the team at all?

No CFL team can be made up of purely experienced and proven players. It's impossible. And even if somehow it were possible, even with "proven" or "experienced" players, nothing is a sure thing year-to-year. We know that first hand over the last couple years with some of our free agent signings that turned out less than stellar.

Every experienced player was once a prospect. I know it's a crapshoot, but nothing in sports is guaranteed, even us losing. :P

Im indifferent on the green signing, if he starts turning heads at tc n makes the team, awesome but till then im not bustin out my jug for a ho down, nor am I losing sleep if he doesnt pan out. I think the Macho Harris signing announced with Green kinda sucked the spirit of joy in me to get all pumped. Really not a harris fan one bit.  they should have announced these seperately, poor green, already off to a bad start just being included in this announcement.

Reading through this thread, is anyone stoked about harris? Doesnt look that way

On 2/4/2016 at 7:29 PM, rebusrankin said:

There was this guy years back, cut by the Bengals, then cut by the Packers in TC. Came to the Peg. Turned out to be pretty good.

haha and about a million other guys who were cut by multiple teams and then us :P

That said we have picked up other teams cast offs and gotten some good years out of them. lemarr mcgriggs, moe elowanebe, and eldfred peyton come to mind.  Some times a change of pace and the feeling of being out of football at your heels prompts quick improvement. I dont think macho is more then TCF but i guess we will see. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Macho Harris is this years Kuale....  of all cast offs can we get a guy who doesn't take brain dead penalties?

From the reception Macho is receiving from Bomber fans he's all set to take up as a favourite whipping boy after serving as a Rider whipping boy for the past few seasons.

I'm not opposed to picking up vets from other teams who may not be super stars.... but when they bring guys who can't even at minimum bring leadership I just don't see the point?  Why waste a roster spot on Macho Harris,  why not bring in an unknown from down south who at least gives you a chance of being a special player.    The mediocre guys we bring in are not going to flourish with a team coming off yet another crappy season.