NI talent?

Blueballz

MOS has it wrong from the time he was recruited from the Green ... he is a role player that will improve a little each year but he is not / will not be the stud mlb that will raise the level  of everywhere around him .... sending a boy to do a man's job .... the mlb is a critical leadership position ... don't understand coach's delusion on this

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Has anyone rumoured the Blue going for Harris? 

There has been some speculation that there is mutual interest for some time now. We won't ever get a direct quote from anyone in the Bombers because that would be tampering. The local media and the media in BC think it's a probability.

18 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

I'll be shocked if we see Mulumba or Bilukidi here this year to be honest.   They are names I wouldn't count on for camp.

I think we see Bilukidi this year. He'll be a 5 year vet in the NFL next year. Minimum salary for a 5 year vet is around $750k, where a rookie minimum salary is around $450k. I think at that point a lot of teams prefer to go with the younger cheaper option. If he's not signed by a NFL team by the end of this season, it's not going to happen.

Mulumba on the other hand, has at least 1 - 2 more years in the NFL, since he's still under contract with the Packers. He'll have some time to have some looks from other teams once his time with the Pack runs out.

Mulumba's contract with GB is up at the end of the year, he wants to stay but based on his playing time this season, I'm not sure GB feels the same.  He'll still get looks down there at least for the next season.

Bilukidi is probably at the end of his time in the NFL.  When he got cut by the Ravens, someone mentioned on twitter (I think it was Bauming) that his agent said they were committed to finding work in the NFL this season... no mention was made about next year.  He's had at least 2-3 tryouts since then and nobody has signed him.

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's no way Bilukidi is in the NFL next year. If he's not in the CFL, it's because he's not playing football.

I'm not suggesting he will be in the NFL .. rather .. I'm not certain he has interest in playing in the CFL.   

From my point of view .. IF he commits to the Bombers for the coming season, it will be a welcome surprise and be a boon to our DL.  I'm not holding my breath and expecting it will happen.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

I'm not suggesting he will be in the NFL .. rather .. I'm not certain he has interest in playing in the CFL.   

From my point of view .. IF he commits to the Bombers for the coming season, it will be a welcome surprise and be a boon to our DL.  I'm not holding my breath and expecting it will happen.

Agreed - I'm not counting down the days waiting for it to happen but I do think it's realistic to suggest he's run out of NFL opportunities.

I lean towards the idea he would want to be in the CFL but you're right - you never know.

Bilukidi is a professional football player...realistically if he's not playing in the NFL (looks that way) then where does he play...I suppose we could trade his rights for a player of equal value, if he has a problem coming here...but I don't sense that or have heard anything in that regard...I hope to see him at tc and lord knows we could sure use him. Hoping for the best.

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bilukidi is a professional football player...realistically if he's not playing in the NFL (looks that way) then where does he play...I suppose we could trade his rights for a player of equal value, if he has a problem coming here...but I don't sense that or have heard anything in that regard...I hope to see him at tc and lord knows we could sure use him. Hoping for the best.

He has grossed a total of around $1.5M over the last 4 years (less taxes, agent fees, etc).

It depends if he wants to keep playing football for $100k - $200k Canadian ($70k - $150k American and dropping) or is ready to move on to the next chapter of his life, whatever that may be.

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

He has grossed a total of around $1.5M over the last 4 years (less taxes, agent fees, etc).

It depends if he wants to keep playing football for $100k - $200k Canadian ($70k - $150k American and dropping) or is ready to move on to the next chapter of his life, whatever that may be.

Very true that he has made a lot of money in the states. Could be that he has it invested  and getting a good return...Could also be that he would like to still play the game that he luvs and would like to add to that investment anyway he can....A 150 grand American is nothing to sneeze at but pales in comparison to nfl money granted...It will come down to how much he wants to stay in the game and that is a factor only Bilikudi knows..I think we'll find out in the not too distant future. Sure would like to know if Kyle has sounded him out or has bothered ever.

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Very true that he has made a lot of money in the states. Could be that he has it invested  and getting a good return...Could also be that he would like to still play the game that he luvs and would like to add to that investment anyway he can....A 150 grand American is nothing to sneeze at but pales in comparison to nfl money granted...It will come down to how much he wants to stay in the game and that is a factor only Bilikudi knows..I think we'll find out in the not too distant future. Sure would like to know if Kyle has sounded him out or has bothered ever.

I think at this point it comes down to his after football career and whether he has taken the time to prepare and plan for it or not.  If he doesn't have an alternative plan he may continue to play football by default.  The low CDN dollar is a poor incentive to play in the CFL unless he wants to put down roots in the community and as he has virtually no ties to Wpg. he would be starting from scratch.

58 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Doug Brown was in the same position.  He had no ties here either but he still came & played because he still wanted to.  The desire to keep playing will be the determining factor with Bilukidi, imo, not how prepared he is for life as a retired athlete.

Could well be.  Also depends on his marital status, easier to do if he's free to roam far from the ties that bind.