NI talent?

Blueballz

53 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

My question is how often does this happen? I know Westerman is here after playing a bunch of NFL games but how many others make that trip?

I believe a fair bit of them do if they havent established themselves for a lengthy stay.  4-5 seasons and they tend to migrate back but if they have never bounced around then its often that they are in the big show for the long haul.

• 3 weeks later...

When you're missing the playoffs and only winning 5 games a year, you better be stock piling national talent otherwise, it's all been for nothing. We've seen this scenario all too often in recent times and it is totally unacceptable. I'm not real thrilled at the progress Walters has made thus far so he better have a great off season or it's time for the apple and road map.

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Would you use the second overall pick on the only NCAA trained player in the draft with a year of pro experience and high versatility to play several different defensive positions?

Sounds pretty attractive but I honestly don't know if Waggoner showed enough in 2015 to conclude that he will be a starter anytime soon....maybe, maybe not.  Why they didn't give him a chance to start at Safety the last game of the season still baffles me.

One thing for certain is that Walter's paid a high price to acquire Waggoner and I don't expect him to do a mea-culpa anytime soon by trading him away or moving on from him.  This would be an open admission that he may have over-judged Waggoner's potential and paid too much in the process.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Can we trade Waggoner for the first overall pick?

If there was a bonafide O-line guy to draft AND, if you could get a trading partner, but otherwise we got a good look at a prospect who could be a valuable piece in our Non Import roster build up. How good? Well, like any draft pick with whom we have patience, we will see in due time. On the plus side, he's got a year's experience under his belt over this year's draft class.

10 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Yeah I have an opinion on a player. Isn't that the point of this site?

Or are you going to keep making stupid smart ass comments?

The point of the site is discussion.  You are free to have an opinion and everyone else is free to criticize it.  If you want to be the riderfans parrot and compare every player you don't like to Shomari Williams, then you're free to do that but don't cry like a ***** when you get called out on it.

On January 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Blueandgold said:

Makes plenty of sense. Waggoner is Williams 2.0 and won't be any more successful for us than Kito Poblah was.

On what proof do you base this claim or you just being deliberately dumb? The guy played very well in spot duty and it was his first time on a CFL field.  Your passing judgement way too quickly and its kind of insulting.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

On what proof do you base this claim or you just being deliberately dumb? The guy played very well in spot duty and it was his first time on a CFL field.  Your passing judgement way too quickly and its kind of insulting.

Have the Bombers ever made a move that you didn't think was a good one? 

I'm not kidding either, between this site and ourbombers I don't think I've ever seen you not take the homer point of view.

Edited by Blueandgold

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Is Waggoner going to be more of an impact player than the number 2 CFL pick we don't have now? That's what I want to know as time progresses.

When they had drafted him.... did the team think they were going to be 2nd worst in the league.... remember this club was "pushing" to make a run for the cup before the season had started....

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Have the Bombers ever made a move that you didn't think was a good one? 

I'm not kidding either, between this site and ourbombers I don't think I've ever seen you not take the homer point of view.

Not my fault you dont follow either forum close enough because shockingly it does happen. 

With the additions of Dominic Picard, Jamaal Westerman, Sukh Chungh, Ivan Brown, Sam Hurl and now Waggonner the Bombers have completely overhauled their Canadian content in just one off-season.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2008060/winnipeg-blue-bombers-hitch-their-wagon-to-garrett-waggoner/

Completely over-estimated was more like it. Considering this is Walters & Goveias specialty, I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about these twos ability to evaluate national talent.

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Way to completely avoid the question!!

Not at all. I compared him to Shomari Williams for a variety of reasons. Starting with the fact that Atomic brought up his ''NCAA trained pedigree'' which doesn't mean a thing. Both are tweeners, and there's valid questions about what position hes best suited for. He was drafted because the Bombers were going ''all in'' to make the Playoffs and compete for the Grey Cup this year, a completely shortsighted move. We were out of the playoff hunt and our first round draft pick still couldn't get on the field. That should say a lot to you about how far along he is. 

Hey he might end up being better than Addison Richards at least. I'll be happy to bring this thread back up if it turns out I'm wrong and give Waggoner his due. But a few posters here should be ready to take off the blue & gold glasses and take objective opinions. Which is quite funny considering I was the one told to go back to Rider fans. Aren't they the ones who vastly overrate their players with a GM who can do no wrong?

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2008060/winnipeg-blue-bombers-hitch-their-wagon-to-garrett-waggoner/

Completely over-estimated was more like it. Considering this is Walters & Goveias specialty, I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about these twos ability to evaluate national talent.

I'm not sure you made your point.

If I'm not mistaken, there were other teams interested in obtaining Waggoner's services, therefore, the high cost of a 1st rounder.

As to over-estimated? Why don't we give this guy Waggoner a wee bit of time to determine his value?