CFL to unveil rebranding today

Mike

As a member of the 55+ group who are the biggest number of CFL watchers...

New Logo - No better than the old one. Worse actually. Just grey and black inside a clipped football with a little bit of red. It doesn't pop.

New Tagline - I couldn't have told you what the old tagline was. I'll forget the new one soon after finishing this post.

New Video -  I'd rather have more actual great football plays with a 'Video Game' look than footballs in flames and throwing a ball through glass. I didn't like the music either but I know it's not aimed at me.

I doubt it brings in any more young fans that the league needs, but if it does, then I'm all for it.

I thought the tagline was "Our balls are bigger". Still my favorite.

As the fans of team with a W as its logo, we should not complain.

As the fans of a team that asked for help in designing a new logo(italicized W + lightning bolt) at no cost, we should not complain.

Having said that...it's a light gray football with it's ends cut off.

Makes a great app icon tho. Hey it fits!

I thought the tagline was "Our balls are bigger". Still my favorite.

The tagline from when Cohon took over went from "Our Balls are Bigger" to "This is Our League". Still my favourite promo from any league.

I don't mind the new logo. It looks alright, and it'll look good on jerseys, helmets, etc. I also liked the old logo.

Seems like all pretty standard marketing stuff and I don't see any major gaffes, so that's a plus. I'm excited for the new jerseys. If they get those right, I'll be ecstatic.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one but I think the logo is an improvement over the old one. As a tiny thumbnail the CFL is prominent, and 'blown up' in detail the maple leaf is clearly still a maple leaf. I'll consider myself lucky to actually like something that's new. Does that mean I'm not old yet? Hooray!