Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

6 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Walter's uncertainty about Cap control and incentive based contracts? Only one player will lead the team in any one category, be it TDs , rushing yardage, tackles, INTs, ST tackles...you name it.  Based on historical stats you can accurately predict how many 1,000 yds receivers you are likely to have in a season as well as TDs thrown....etc etc.  There are countless predicable stats you can use to base incentives on.....or you can just give guys like Moore a bucket full of cash to play bits and pieces of a season. 

One of the years the Riders went over the cap they blamed it on too many players maxing out their incentives. 

14 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

any body worth to be picked on the supplemental draft ?

The CFL is set to hold a supplemental draft on Tuesday, May 24, 2016.

At least three players will be available: North Carolina A&T tight end/receiver Kevin Francis, McMurry offensive lineman Rafael Gallo and Delaware State defensive lineman Jacob Tizzard.

Francis checks in at six-foot-five, 207 lbs. He made 17 receptions for 163 yards in four seasons with the Aggies. A two-sport athlete at North Carolina A&T, Francis ran a personal-best 14.24-second 110-metre hurdle time.

Gallo started at least 16 games for the War Hawks. He was on the power-lifting team in high school.

Tizzard was a defensive end and long-snapper for the Hornets.

Honestly, the only guy I see getting picked is Francis. Gallo hasn't played football since 2014 and he was an underweight offensive lineman with a minimal resume at a lower level university. Tizzard may get a look because of his long snapping ability, I suppose.

Francis at least strikes me as a guy who has athletic potential.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Honestly, the only guy I see getting picked is Francis. Gallo hasn't played football since 2014 and he was an underweight offensive lineman with a minimal resume at a lower level university. Tizzard may get a look because of his long snapping ability, I suppose.

Francis at least strikes me as a guy who has athletic potential.

There's that "P" word again ;) I don't think we are players this time around ...

8 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

http://www.riderville.com/2016/05/18/rods-blog-may-18th/

Ha, ha ... what unmitigated crapola :)

Rod is the absolute worst. What garbage. I love how he's not even just jokingly assuming the Riders will win the Labour Day game. The way he spins some of the things Denmark says to shine a worse light on the Bombers is just pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Rod is the absolute worst. What garbage. I love how he's not even just jokingly assuming the Riders will win the Labour Day game. The way he spins some of the things Denmark says to shine a worse light on the Bombers is just pathetic. 

"Fire", meet "Gas".

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

His excitement is palatable, I believe he uses it to shine his own pecker.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Palpable?

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Holy Christ!!  Thanks.

Post of the year candidate LOL ...

Edited by IC Khari

1 minute ago, holoman said:

I somewhat agree, but the writing  was on the wall the moment Dressler and SMith were signed. 

Totally true. Happens all the time around the league. Dressler is no doubt scorned by the Riders and will be looking to stick it to us when ever he can. Funny thing is, honestly, what choice did Jones really have?  In Denmark's case, highly unlikely he agrees to a substantial wage cut to stay in the Peg. It had to happen this way. Ego's and pride ruin more good things in life than anything else. I think about how many times I've backed myself into a corner because of pride. Good thing about aging is you don't always have to be right anymore, makes life a lot easier.