Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

24 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

while id personally lean towards the not wanting/needing him side of the opinion, I wouldnt have a problem if he came back.  Yes he ran his mouth on a twitter a few times right before he played us,  but he also backed it up everytime.  I can appreciate/tolerate that more then someone running their mouth then disappearing when its time to put up or shut up

Jovon wasn't needed two years ago, who is he going to replace now that the Bomber D-backfield is better then it was when he left?

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

No thanks Jovon... you were great (maybe even the best) in 2011... it's not 2011 anymore...

Also, the more I think about the Harris situation, I wonder why Wally doesn't release him early...

Probably the same reason why Walters hasn't release Moore yet.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

No thanks Jovon... you were great (maybe even the best) in 2011... it's not 2011 anymore...

Also, the more I think about the Harris situation, I wonder why Wally doesn't release him early...

If he does not have a late bonus(January) there is no reason to release the player early as it all the teams interested in signing the player a chance to get it done before free agency starts and not have to be distracted by trying to sign said player. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Don't kid yourself teams are already talking to potential free agents behind the scenes. When David Benefield signed in Winnipeg he was in a room at CanadInns Polo Park waiting for the clock to strike midnight to sign the deal.

Exactly, I would be shocked if the Andrew Harris signing isn't announced soon after midnight(just long enough to avoid a tampering fine like Edmonton).

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

Each team will make offers to multiple players once free agency starts, not knowing which ones will come off the board early and which ones will have extended bidding wars, creating uncertainty both in terms of roster goals and budget.  Or to look at it from the opposite direction, signing Dressler before free agency gives the Bombers some certainty at that position that they otherwise would not have had at the start of free agency, both for securing a starting receiver and budget.  Now they can cross a position off the list and have a better idea how much money is left to play with when there are multiple irons in the fire that require quick reactions.

By keeping Moore on our roster until the start of free agency, we help contribute some uncertainty to the other 8 teams free agency plans.  By keeping Harris from signing here (for example) early, Buono makes it harder for us to have a concrete plan of how much we can offer Bourke (for example), which could be the advantage they need to swoop in and sign him there.  It's a minor advantage, but they'll take any advantage they can get.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

... what's wrong with that?

Probably nothing...  just needed more coffee.  Pinning our hopes on a 30 year old receiver and a Hamilton backup that seems like Darvin Adams 2.0 got me down for a bit.  I'm better now.  I really am.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Andrew Harris & Kory Sheets anyone?

Didn't he blow out his achilles, like, real bad? Tough injury for a running back to come back from.