Als Trade Number 2

Goalie

Calgary just got better. Messam and Cornish in cold weather could be a lethal combination. Regina gets a kicker and moves up in the draft which should help them next year.

Is messem a good cold weather RB tho? cornish for sure but cant remember if Messem is..

from todays cal sun A couple hours earlier, Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel announced star running back Jon Cornish, who hasn't practised this week, is undergoing concussion protocol and will miss Saturday's clash with the Toronto Argonauts at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton.

I knew it. There was one hit where I swear he hit the ground and was out cold. But popped back really quick and got up. I remember someone helping to make him stable. Too bad, hope he plays it smart and realizes there's more life after football.

That's one thing that Cornish is. He is smart & could walk away from football once healthy & have no regrets. 

Matt Walter has always impressed me whenever he's gotten real reps spelling Cornish. He's not a guy who can own a game like Cornish, but the dropoff from Cornish to him doesn't seem enormous. I wonder who gets the first-team reps at running back between those two guys?

I saw a Cornish interview during Grey Cup week last year that made me hope he'd walk away from football in the off-season. Compared to past interviews, when he sounded really astute and sharp, he was not doing well .. he was slurred and distant in that too-familiar athlete way. And now with this concussion protocol news -- man, I hope he's okay.

Walter is an okay back. If Messam signs a new deal with the Stamps he may be the odd man out.

Walter would be a nice addition to the Bombers if he comes loose, good backup RB and good on ST.  They can send the invisible Cronk on his way any time now.

If he is invisible, how would you know if he is gone?

That doesn't sound good. Cornish is no longer a back who can be counted on for every game. 

Hate this - his career could be over. He's IMO the greatest Canadian RB ever and deserved a better end to his career. He may be forced to retire if he does indeed have a concussion - he'll be hit again (and again) when he comes back even if he's not carrying the mail and I don't think his body (or his head) can take it anymore.  Sure first ballot HOFer 

That doesn't sound good. Cornish is no longer a back who can be counted on for every game. 

Hate this - his career could be over. He's IMO the greatest Canadian RB ever and deserved a better end to his career. He may be forced to retire if he does indeed have a concussion - he'll be hit again (and again) when he comes back even if he's not carrying the mail and I don't think his body (or his head) can take it anymore.  Sure first ballot HOFer 

Sad to see Corndog nearing the end of his career. Head to head with Harris, he was still the better running back although Harris might be a better receiver out of the backfield. Still, I would not wish for Cornish to have the headaches, dizzy spells and mood swings associated with the long term effect of concussion- Dunigan has been pretty graphic about what living with that is like.