what available coach would you hire?

Taynted_Fayth

Been beaten to death a little but maybe theres some names not being considered? I mentioned it in the fire oshea thread but I think it was buried without an answer. How long is bc paying mike benevidez? Lapo pt 2? Berry part 2? Chapdelain - sask stinks but offensively I think they are alright, he might be worth getting a 2ndtry as hc

No clue.

O'shea was considered as one of the best and brightest by more then a few people. He tanked hard. Burke too was considered one of the best coodinators not wearing the big headset.

IF O'shea is canned this season or off-season, we need to entice someone who has boatloads of experience and then match him up with some stellar coordinators, up and comers like khari or bradyesque or stick with experience like Hall or Lapoesque.

I dont care if he is NCAA, NFL or CFL experienced ar HC but he needs to know how to run a team and get maximum out of his charges.

I think O'shea leans too heavily on Bellfool and to a lesser extent Hall. Hes not offensively gifted so im assuming he lets MB dictate..

No comment really. I don't think MOS will be fired. I think MB will be tho so maybe the question should be who is available for the OC position

Agreed I think MOS will get one more year and Marcel B. will be offered up for a sacrifice ( as deserved ) the new OC that MOS hires will determine his furture

with the Bombers. As much as I think MOS has been part of the problem I still think he can be a very good HC in the CFL...

I'm willing to give O'Shea another year to turn the ship around. I really don't think we're that many pieces away from doing that.

Experience is key, and with him guest appearing on tsn here and there im curious about benevidez who won a gc with bc. I know bc was paying him for firing him before his contract was up just curious if its nearly squared up

His BC contract was finished months ago. He had signed an extension but was fired before it took effect. 

Experience is key, and with him guest appearing on tsn here and there im curious about benevidez who won a gc with bc. I know bc was paying him for firing him before his contract was up just curious if its nearly squared up

He won a grey cup with a team Buono built. Once he had a few years as the head coach things started to fall apart, granted there were some injuries etc. But I don't think Benevidez will be a head coach again any time soon.

He won a grey cup with a team Buono built. Once he had a few years as the head coach things started to fall apart, granted there were some injuries etc. But I don't think Benevidez will be a head coach again any time soon.

Benevides wasn't the HC in 2011 - that was Buono's last season. 

Danny Barrett wasn't a bad coach but he alienated the media and then the fans when things got rough. As far as O'Shea's butt being saved by Willy getting hurt is concerned, that scenario didn't save Chamblin in Regina and Chamblin didn't make as many big mistakes as O'Shea has. Moreover, if Walters bails, O'Shea has to be a goner.

If O'shea will be gone, I think I want to see LaPo back and see what he can do with a legit franchise QB (Willy), a better Canadian content and a CFL OC (no Crowton)... 3 major things that he dont have on his previous stint here. Walters should provide a better import talent though especially at the receivers and DL.

Off season - - Neil Thorpe.

Although Montreal's reluctance to give him a shot is concerning.

Good OC doesn't always = good HC. Need a good leader who gets most out of players.

Is one possible reason, yes. Which is why it is concerning that MTL hasn't even thrown an interim tag on him this year.

Off season - - Neil Thorpe.

Although Montreal's reluctance to give him a shot is concerning.

Good OC doesn't always = good HC. Need a good leader who gets most out of players.

Is one possible reason, yes. Which is why it is concerning that MTL hasn't even thrown an interim tag on him this year.

I am assuming we're speaking about Noel Thorpe, and he is the Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator in Montreal.

Really? Some people want to see LAPO back? Taman too i guess? Let's just bring back everyone that has tried in the past and failed... that should work well. 

No thanks to LAPO, maybe if he's interested in the OC position but...as head coach, i think he left a lot to be desired. LOTS.. I just don't see how a team can get motivated to play for that guy.. 

ok, guys, ok, lets go out there, ok and ok... and beat them ok ok ok.

That's a lapo pre-game speech.