JFG placed on 6 game IR

gbill2004

Sucks for JFG - so sick to the teeth of watching un-penalized helmet to helmet in just about every cfl game I've seen this season

All games ought to be reviewed afterwards for evidence of helmet-to-helmet and intent to injure incidents. The CFLPA ought to be pushing for this- it is often marginal players going after the star players and the league needs all the high-profile players it can get.

That head shot on JFG should've been a penalty and disqualification for intent to injure. Refs missed it however.

i said the same thing.. Launched himself with his head down, deliberate attempt to spear with helmet.. The fact he launched directly into JFG's helmet is just further intent to injure.

That head shot on JFG should've been a penalty and disqualification for intent to injure. Refs missed it however.

i said the same thing.. Launched himself with his head down, deliberate attempt to spear with helmet.. The fact he launched directly into JFG's helmet is just further intent to injure.

That play happens every week in almost every game.  DB's using their helmets as weapons trying to intimidate receivers and RB's.  The officials rarely call a penalty unless the victim is a QB.

I'm hoping we start 4-import receivers this week: Moore, Denmark, Adams and Veltung with Kohlert as Cdn starter.

I dont think Bastien and Richards are starters at this point.

Maybe field just 7 Cdns starters for this week:

Picard, Chungh, Neufeld and Kohlert on O.

Westerman, Hurl and Bucknor on D.

What makes you think games aren't reviewed by the CFL. They are and teams submit specific plays to the CFL office for review as well.

If there is such a process, it is either restricted to egregious incidents or at random. The hit on JFG was only one example of deliberate intent that has gone unaddressed.

I would normally "like this" but there have been a lot of missed headshots this year. I know I am biased but it seems the bombers don't get that call.

That play happens every week in almost every game.  DB's using their helmets as weapons trying to intimidate receivers and RB's.  The officials rarely call a penalty unless the victim is a QB.

Yea, whatever happened to form tackling. And it's not just DB's, it happens at every position.

Coaching my 11 year old son and his teammates chest plate tackling with faces/chest up, ready position, buzz the feet, rips and wraps sends mixed messages when he sees what happens at this level as the up and coming CFL fan that he is.