Lawless: Chill Out, Let Miller & Co Do Their Jobs

Noeller

Think about the regimes that brought us success over the years. They've been the ones that have been given the time to get it done.

Because they proved it with success on the field. Hoping these lead bars will turn to gold is truly insane

That success didn't come overnight. It was built on a foundation that was years in the making.

Think about the regimes that brought us success over the years. They've been the ones that have been given the time to get it done.

Because they proved it with success on the field. Hoping these lead bars will turn to gold is truly insane

That success didn't come overnight. It was built on a foundation that was years in the making.

This is where I don't agree. Hamilton was able to turn it around in a few years, Ottawa for pete's sake is likely better than us. I realize we lost our starter but there should not be that such difference between starter and backup. We got beat last Sunday by a third stringer. That is the responsibility of the guys who were tasked to assemble a good team. I don't like where we are but am willing to give them another year to get it done. Many have said they needed three years so OK Kyle and Mike, please..... 

This is where I don't agree. Hamilton was able to turn it around in a few years, Ottawa for pete's sake is likely better than us. I realize we lost our starter but there should not be that such difference between starter and backup. We got beat last Sunday by a third stringer. That is the responsibility of the guys who were tasked to assemble a good team. I don't like where we are but am willing to give them another year to get it done. Many have said they needed three years so OK Kyle and Mike, please..... 

There's no doubt that our level of talent import wise is noticeably worse than pretty much any other team in the league, Saskatchewan would be in the same ballpark.  Both relying on veterans beyond their best before date and some who were never really that good.  That is a huge sign of weakness on the personnel side.  It's hard to can Walters and not let the replacement pick his coach, but really Walters, Goveia, McManus have failed.

Here's one for you Gary.....WIN....that's what this team has to do and show we're more than a doormat in the league...How the hell long do you expect the Bomber faithful to put up with incompetence (Marcel I'm looking at you) There was promises we would be in the thick of things in a CUP year in our backyard...Ain't looking like that right now...If this was supposed to be a 3 year plan, the management and coaches better get it going, because it's looking more like a 6 year plan...I'm sure Gary you can understand the frustration and in the end we pay the bloody bills...Expecting more from our club right now is not asking a helluva lot. I'm waiting.

Expectations with Willy = playoffs.

Without Willy = very very lowered expectations

Yeah, that's exactly right. And most of us knew this could happen.

It makes me wonder, where would the mighty RedBlacks be without Burris's incredible resiliency?

And what about Hamilton? Could Mathews or Masoli or J. Harris come anywhere close to what Collaros (league MVP) is doing?

Hamilton would fare better, but c'mon, it would be a huge step down.

I see a lot of buzz words and phrases. 

Patience. Build for success. Build a foundation.

etc etc etc

I feel these phrases are being used by people who want to justify their own blind faith. This is a 9 team transient league. Roster turn over is remarkable and very fast paced. Ottawa in year 2 of their expansion team is already miles ahead of us. In the CFL the difference between a good team and bad one is management. Calgary, Toronto, and even Saskatchewan have been very competitive and consistent for years and they've done it with the same recipe: smart moves for coaching staff and players.

You either make good personnel decisions or you don't. This team is actually looking like it might be worse this year than last year. And people want to give the keys to these same bozos again? Why? So we can all feel good about being patient and giving people time to build a foundation? There's no foundation here. It's another shanty built on a beach. The Bombers are the worst built team in the CFL by a mile... and there's no reason to think that Walters has the ability to turn this around. He hired a 3 year special teams coordinator to be our coach. A coach who's been so badly out maneuvered in a season and a half by the rest of the league it's actually becoming an ordeal to watch this team in the 2nd half of games. Walters also failed to address our Qb situation and left this team with an injury prone QB with no one behind him. No one. Not to mention insisting on keeping MB... the worst OC in the CFL.

I fully believe and agree you should give people time to build something. But this trio of guys are showing they dont have the decision making or football intelligence to compete with the rest of the league. To earn patience you should have to demonstrate some form of improvement. There is none.

So you guys think the Bombers would be better off if they fired Miller and/or O'Shea right now?

This team has been firing coaches and GMs every 2 years for a while now, and it hasn't worked so far. Maybe it's time to keep one for a while and see if letting the guy get some experience works better.

OR, just hire someone with prior experience in the job for once.

Which severely limits your options, basically to people who nobody wants.  Generally people with opportunities for other jobs have been saying thanks but no thanks when the Bombers put together their shortlist in the last decade because of how dysfunctional the organization has been.

Exactly.. I have zero doubts in my mind that we have made offers, probably substantial ones, to the Austins, Buanos, etc when they have come available and they have simply passed because of our history in the last ten seasons.

Hamilton's history prior to 2013 was better than Winnipeg?  Austin signed on with Hamilton because they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

There are people who have faith and then there are those who have none. Welcome to a fan forum

This isn't church. Willy, MOS, etc, are all human beings with measurable track records. We aren't talking about something hypothetical or fiction from 2000 years ago. No faith need be discussed... simply look at the results and the trend of things worsening. 

Everyone assumes these experienced coaches would want to come here buy I think it's obvious they don't because of the lack of stability. Was rumored we wanted to interview millanovich when we hired lapo but he said no thanks. Instead of pretending that these guys would come here and crapping on the people in charge, ask yourself why they won't come here. I give you a hint. .. it's because we fire coaches and gms every 2 years. Those experienced coaches won't come here until our perception changes

You can continue to state this until you are blue in the face, doesn't make it true.

Check and see how long the Argos kept Etch, Stubler and Andrus.  Didn't prevent them from signing Milanovich.

Hamilton fires Marcel in 2011, Cortez in 2012 and still manage to hire Austin ($$$) in 2013.

Everyone assumes these experienced coaches would want to come here buy I think it's obvious they don't because of the lack of stability. Was rumored we wanted to interview millanovich when we hired lapo but he said no thanks. Instead of pretending that these guys would come here and crapping on the people in charge, ask yourself why they won't come here. I give you a hint. .. it's because we fire coaches and gms every 2 years. Those experienced coaches won't come here until our perception changes

You can continue to state this until you are blue in the face, doesn't make it true.

Check and see how long the Argos kept Etch, Stubler and Andrus.  Didn't prevent them from signing Milanovich.

Hamilton fires Marcel in 2011, Cortez in 2012 and still manage to hire Austin ($$$) in 2013.

Andrus and Cortez are really bad examples, why don't you also include Danny Hawkins in there?

(I.E. guys that were such incredible flops instantly as HC that they completely lost the trust of their players almost instantly)

Andrus and Cortez are really bad examples, why don't you also include Danny Hawkins in there?

(I.E. guys that were such incredible flops instantly as HC that they completely lost the trust of their players almost instantly)

Delete

Faith may be blind but it also takes balls to support your team in dark times..

Also, faith isnt so blind that we cant see positive results. Much better QB. Defense is becoming a force..

Progression, not regression is what fuels my faith.

Money is a huge factor for those guys.  If the Bombers paid Austin what he's getting in Hamilton he'd have to assemble a volunteer coaching staff and personnel department.  Big difference between privately owned teams and community owned.

Money is a huge factor for those guys.  If the Bombers paid Austin what he's getting in Hamilton he'd have to assemble a volunteer coaching staff and personnel department.  Big difference between privately owned teams and community owned.

I'm aware of what Austin is paid.  The Bombers could afford him if they wanted to..even with the debt payments.  Our stadium generates much more revenue than Hamilton's

Yeah well if "little" Wade is all mad and whatnot then there is a real simple cure. Put a winning team on the field. So far he and his crew haven't shown me they are capable of doing that. This is the CFL in the 2000's Wade building a team means you get progressively better not fundamentally worse. All I have seen from you is you improving your wardrobe from that money (of mine which I do not have to give you I might add and have to ask why I do give it to you when you basically field a collosially unentertaining team on the field).

Thank your monkey Gary he pretty much just gave me the motivation NOT to renew next year.

Holy Christ...you're right!! Why did nobody think of that?

Clearly not the trained monkeys running the team right now.

"It was the best of times... it was the blurst of times?!!"

"You stupid monkey!"

I'm aware of what Austin is paid.  The Bombers could afford him if they wanted to..even with the debt payments.  Our stadium generates much more revenue than Hamilton's

Revenue is irrelevant.  One entity has to operate within a budget, the other operates at the whim of a billionaire.