Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

Bombers have allowed 3 punt returns for TD’s this season. 

They have allowed at least four if not five. There was one in game 1, the hamilton game here, the TO game, and LDC. I think they also allowed a TD in game 2.

Same game.

And there wasn't one in week 1.

Three.

Thanks Mike. Clearly mixing up a few games there.

I don't know how anyone can honestly believe Marcel Bellefeuille is a good offensive coordinator who deserves to keep his job.

His gameplanning and ability to utilize players properly is absolutely atrocious. We sign Chevon Walker this week and dress him ... never believed it was a smart move to begin with ... but at least give the guy a chance to make an impact. His assets are best used when you get him into space and what does MB do? Call plays to run him up the gut the entire day. What a joke.

Don't even get me started on Nick Moore and Clarence Denmark, who are stud receivers who have basically been brought down to the level of short yardage possession receivers. Two touchdowns between them all year. Find a way to get these guys open.

Last time we threw a touchdown to a receiver? August 9th. On a sweep. It's a joke. This offense is honestly embarrassing, it's getting worse and I find it insulting that anyone within the club expects any of us to believe it's not Marcel. Is it just a coincidence that he's done the exact same things anywhere he has ever been? Is it just the players every time? Biggest coincidence in the world that no matter where he goes, stud players end up looking like garbage?

For as good as Drew Willy can make this offense look periodically, I want to flip it around and pose a question to everyone - can you guys imagine how good Willy could look in a REAL offense?

I wanted to toss my beer at MB like I said I would if he did that...but I was drinking Rum. And that **** is expensive.

That Aug 9th stat and the Denmark/Moore TD total make me want to sell my seasons. I've been through some shitty seasons with this team, but this team has NO hope as long as MB is here. And it's hard justifying my time and money spent on this bullshit.

FYI, that's something I've never said before even during the 3-15 year, even through all of jim dailey, mike kelly etc etc....I just can't put up with this level of obvious ineptitude from our Offensive coach.

Add in a couple of blocked punts for TDs .. you might get your 5 .. 

I remember one block and one partial. Which games were the TDs off blocks?

(BTW there is no need to be snarky. I made a mistake. I am sure you are not perfect)

I know voodoo personally...that wasn't snarky.  He was trying to help you figure out where the 5 came from.

(BTW there is no need to be snarky. I made a mistake. I am sure you are not perfect)

I know voodoo personally...that wasn't snarky.  He was trying to help you figure out where the 5 came from.

+1

The only one I know of that was (for sure) a TD was Week 4 against Calgary ..

And if I was being snarky .. you'd know it.  Heh.

Glad to see OShea coordinating special teams...  hopefully he brings back some of his old magic.

I'd settle for not feeling like I'd been kicked in the nuts week in week out .. it's hard enough to win games with our "stable" of available quarterbacks but we definitely can't give points away in what should be nothing more than a change of possession.

Yeah there was only the one block that lead directly to a TD and that was vs Calgary for sure... cost us the game really in hindsight... 

But, i guess the whole point is, regardless if it's 3 Punt Return TD's against or 4 total Special teams TD's against us... the rest of the league combined has only given up 4.. and well, we have given up 3 return TD's and one off a blocked punt.. 

And really, when you look at them,

Last game, leading and then Demski returns one for a TD... riders take the momentum really and don't look back

Calgary... the blocked TD, we lost by 1 or 2 points, that blocked punt was the difference

The Willy got hurt  vs Hamilton game and next play, Punt Return TD... kind of snowballed after that didnt it

The one vs Toronto, we had the lead, lost by 7 maybe 8, that punt return TD was the difference

You eliminate all of those TD's really and you could probably add at least 2 more wins to our total if not 3...

Special Teams errors have cost us at least 2 if not 3 games, that's not including missed Fg's or missed converts either. 

Yeah there was only the one block that lead directly to a TD and that was vs Calgary for sure... cost us the game really in hindsight... 

But, i guess the whole point is, regardless if it's 3 Punt Return TD's against or 4 total Special teams TD's against us... the rest of the league combined has only given up 4.. and well, we have given up 3 return TD's and one off a blocked punt.. 

And really, when you look at them,

Last game, leading and then Demski returns one for a TD... riders take the momentum really and don't look back

Calgary... the blocked TD, we lost by 1 or 2 points, that blocked punt was the difference

The Willy got hurt  vs Hamilton game and next play, Punt Return TD... kind of snowballed after that didnt it

The one vs Toronto, we had the lead, lost by 7 maybe 8, that punt return TD was the difference

You eliminate all of those TD's really and you could probably add at least 2 more wins to our total if not 3...

Special Teams errors have cost us at least 2 if not 3 games, that's not including missed Fg's or missed converts either. 

Agreed.  You can't just do the math and say the punt return added 7 points to the final score of the games we lost.  Those return TD's were momentum killers that changed the entire game. 

+1

The only one I know of that was (for sure) a TD was Week 4 against Calgary ..

And if I was being snarky .. you'd know it.  Heh.

Okay. Sorry.

Not to beat a dead horse but just checking, wasn't there a punt return TD called back on a penalty in one of the Hamilton games (in Hammy it think)? That might have been what caused my confusion in counts.

I don't know how anyone can honestly believe Marcel Bellefeuille is a good offensive coordinator who deserves to keep his job.

His gameplanning and ability to utilize players properly is absolutely atrocious. We sign Chevon Walker this week and dress him ... never believed it was a smart move to begin with ... but at least give the guy a chance to make an impact. His assets are best used when you get him into space and what does MB do? Call plays to run him up the gut the entire day. What a joke.

Don't even get me started on Nick Moore and Clarence Denmark, who are stud receivers who have basically been brought down to the level of short yardage possession receivers. Two touchdowns between them all year. Find a way to get these guys open.

Last time we threw a touchdown to a receiver? August 9th. On a sweep. It's a joke. This offense is honestly embarrassing, it's getting worse and I find it insulting that anyone within the club expects any of us to believe it's not Marcel. Is it just a coincidence that he's done the exact same things anywhere he has ever been? Is it just the players every time? Biggest coincidence in the world that no matter where he goes, stud players end up looking like garbage?

For as good as Drew Willy can make this offense look periodically, I want to flip it around and pose a question to everyone - can you guys imagine how good Willy could look in a REAL offense?

I had this exact thought the other day when some posters were trying to lay it all on Brohm for the offensive issues the past couple of games.  Willy finds success in spite of MB's offence, not because of it.  Willy is a talented enough QB that he can make things happen until the punishment he takes in this offence overwhelms him like last year and this year.  Then you throw in a middling/average/iffy QB like Brohm or Marve and they can't rise above MB's system.  So we get what we have now, the worst offence in the CFL and yet another example that MB has worn out his welcome.  If MB nearly destroyed Calvillo back in 07 why would we expect Brohm or Marve to flourish.  The thought of Willy running a Milanovich or Dickenson offence would be glorious.  

Yes absolutely, though there are other posters like myself who are laying SOME of it on Brohm.

It's been confirmed we lack any sophisticated 'playing to our strengths' offensive playbook (see MB for accountability), but at the end of the day football is football and you need to get the ball to the play makers where they excel. Some of that falls on Brohm when he's played. Without the luxury of game tape, I'm assuming every time Brohm went back to pass, he had at least two/three reads, not all five yard curls. If I'm wrong then MB is even worse than some of his harshest critics believe he is.

Well, wasn't at the game so maybe somebody or those who were could help here....

What i saw on tv were a bunch of 5 6 yard outs, were there actually any deep receivers? Or were they all running the same type of pattern and if there were deep receivers? were they open or covered or what??? 

Well, wasn't at the game so maybe somebody or those who were could help here....

What i saw on tv were a bunch of 5 6 yard outs, were there actually any deep receivers? Or were they all running the same type of pattern and if there were deep receivers? were they open or covered or what??? 

You can see Brohm look downfield a few times but he's moving his feet so much that he never really sets for a throw.  Every time he just bailed to the third receiver.  No ones going to tell me that Sask's D improved THAT much in a week.

Tracy richly deserved to be fired. In the presser this afternoon, O'Shea wrung his hands over having to fire a friend he's known since first year university but was adamant that this was the only needed change and there will be no other changes this season. It could have been an effort to reassure his minions but it probably means that he has lashed himself to his team of coaches and will live or die with them. Given the way things are going, dying looks like the probable outcome. He was asked point-blank about the flaccid offence and refused to comment on it.

Translation: what you see is what you get and if this aint gonna do it, it aint gonna get done.

Tracy richly deserved to be fired. In the presser this afternoon, O'Shea wrung his hands over having to fire a friend he's known since first year university but was adamant that this was the only needed change and there will be no other changes this season. It could have been an effort to reassure his minions but it probably means that he has lashed himself to his team of coaches and will live or die with them. Given the way things are going, dying looks like the probable outcome. He was asked point-blank about the flaccid offence and refused to comment on it.

Translation: what you see is what you get and if this aint gonna do it, it aint gonna get done.

Which makes sense. If you're going to make a change to the offensive coaching staff it pretty much has to be in the offseason. They're light on experience there to begin with and firing Bellefeuille now likely does exactly nothing to help improve things. 

Do it in the offseason and just hope Marcel finds a set of balls before the playoffs are out of the picture. 

Thought it was actually a pretty good PC all things considered.. couple things of note is that O'shea basically said It's MB's O and MB's O alone, that's a coach distancing himself from his OC, knowing that OC is probably next in line to go. I also thought he was pretty much right about lots of stuff he said, it can't be easy to fire anyone, let alone a friend from way back when in the day and the people going on about friends hiring friends, that's how the CFL works really... every coach hires guys they are familliar with, Jones basically took the entire argos D staff with him to Edmonton, Austin brought his own guys really with him to Hamilton, it's how it works, I'm not sure why a coach hiring a friend or a guy he is familiar with is so surprising to some people, it's a friggin 9 team league, they are all friends or friends of friends really. It is what it is.

Firing a coach, let alone a friend isn't easy, nobody likes to fire people, regardless of what people say.. It's not easy, it's never easy.

But that was a good PC really, i thought MOS did answer lots of questions and did give some info as to what changes will be made, it's time people just give up on this friends hiring friends thing and it's time people  give up on pretending a coach is going to come out and give out the game plan this week.

It's not how it works really.