What Do you expect to Happen Next Week?

I think yesterday's game must be put out to pasturer with the rest of the manure filled games we have seen since Willy went down. This was nothing but a trap game disguised as a bridge gap game until the Matt Nichols era begins, which should happen in the Banjo Bowl. If he doesn't start then there should be mass firings. I believe the Bombers will win next week but that will be putting the proverbial lipstick on a pig as this team was not going to make the playoffs this year but is posied to be competitive over the next few years if they stick to their plan, which appears to be backfiring at the moment but thing are never as bad as they look or as good as they looks.

Therefore, I am not a fan of cleaning house for a few reasons:

i. Willy appears to be legitimate;

ii. The defence is getting better it is not great yet as in it won't win games for the team but with a little more discipline it can be  good;

iii. The Canadian talent should only get better next year; and

iv. Hopefully there will be some good free agent additons.

I believe Walters has this and next season before he is out but MOS is on thin ice. He is consistiently saying he has to find a better way to coach/prepare them. Some say he is takling the heat for lack of talent on the club.  I disagree. I think he is in over his head and has not figured out how to get the most out of a young team with  less than aberage talent. If he doesn't figure that out he will never be a good head coach. if he does this team will flourish under him. He may have to take off the kids gloves in public once in a while to get this process started.

The bottom line is they had no chance of winning yesterday for several reasons but there is no excuse for thwm to lose next week.

I just don't see how the Bombers are going to find a way to win Saturday, I wish I did but I don't, they are just a terrible football team in all 3 phases and it's pretty hard to fix that with a few days of practice. Their 5 - 17 record speaks for itself.

If you're going to quote their record...quote all of it. 10-18.

I just don't see how the Bombers are going to find a way to win Saturday, I wish I did but I don't, they are just a terrible football team in all 3 phases and it's pretty hard to fix that with a few days of practice. Their 5 - 17 record speaks for itself.

If you're going to quote their record...quote all of it. 10-18.

If Willy was starting, I would.

If Neufeld, Picard and Greaves are playing our offense will struggle.  Nichols might be a little better at getting the ball out before he gets cranked.  Run game will continue to struggle, we've got 3 guys playing who can't block CFL defensive linemen at any level approaching consistency.  If you're playing odds, you can basically count on at least 2/3 of them sabotaging any play off the snap.

If the offense can get 15-17 first downs with no big turnovers and Hajrullahu can keep his kicks out of the middle of the field, I think our defense can do enough to have a shot to win.

We've got a shot next week.

It's hard to win back to back especially for a team that's only won one game all year.

Regina isn't a very good team. Of course we aren't either.

We're playing for our playoff lives. A loss would mean we're pretty much out of the playoffs especially if BC wins next week. 

Nichols could provide a spark that Brohm can't. He's only going to have a couple of practices so he'll be working with a much reduced playbook.

The players by themselves could fix the stupid penalty problem this week which will allow our defence to get off of the field quicker.

Lirm could punt perfectly and keep the ball out of the middle of the field.

Our OC could call some deep patterns, some outside runs, some screens, some quick hitters and move the pocket around. Of course they could have done all these some other time in the year too.

The Riders could continue to take penalties that take TD's off the board and make giant mistakes like snapping the ball 30 yards down field and failing to recover it.

The giant green monkey is off of the Riders back. They aren't as likely to fail in the 4th now that they've won a game. I'm expecting them to run at us like they did in the second half all game long. If they establish the run and make smart decisions, they will likely end up 2-9.

As long as Bellefeuille remains, we will lose, maybe by a better score, but a loss is still a loss and for the eternal optimists among us, that ought to end any thoughts of playoffs. If Bellefeuille is canned and Nichols starts, we have a shot at an ugly win. Thar said, I do not see O'Shea tying the can to any of his coaches, and by doing so, will likely screw himself out of a job that he has proven ill-suited for.

What hope do we have? Nichols has thrown the most picks in the league (including 5 in his last 3 games as an Esk) playing in an offense he was familiar with. And we think he's going to come in and save our offense now? He'll go downfield more than Brohm, sure. But who knows whose hands the ball is going to end up in,

That's very true.  And he's playing behind the same OL.  Even the wonderboy with the quick feet couldn't find time.

What hope do we have? Nichols has thrown the most picks in the league (including 5 in his last 3 games as an Esk) playing in an offense he was familiar with. And we think he's going to come in and save our offense now? He'll go downfield more than Brohm, sure. But who knows whose hands the ball is going to end up in,

That's very true.  And he's playing behind the same OL.  Even the wonderboy with the quick feet couldn't find time.

It was funny watching Smith for the Riders scramble all over the field and extend drives with his legs yet the 'wonder boy' couldn't do the same thing? I would really like to know why that is?

It was funny watching Smith for the Riders scramble all over the field and extend drives with his legs yet the 'wonder boy' couldn't do the same thing? I would really like to know why that is?

Because Greg Peach plays for us?

I can't see the bombers winning...

Nichols is not the saviour of this team, he will rink and dink like Brohm with an occasional shot downfield.

Its fairly apparent that Chevon Walker can't see or hit the gaps... yet we will keep trying to use him instead of Marshall because he's a big name.

Our receivers are not running tight routes and our blocking schemes are hard to understand...  MB will start going max protect and Sask's DL will feast on us, expect TBrack to blitz a lot more

Defence should have a better game, Smith has a real tendency to roll left - get Peach in with contain

Expect one gigantic ST breakdown per game...  

Same old same old - first half should be 'decent' and then we'll turtle after half-time, Defence tires in the fourth

Our biggest offensive play last game was by Jerome Messam... says a lot.