Henoc Muamba Released by Colts!

gbill2004

Would Matt O'Donnel be more of a priority/better signing than Muamba

Was he cut?

yes

O'Donnel was let our of his contract by EE to pursue the NFL so I would expect they would have some pull on him.  He played about 3/4 of the Bengals last game and looked good so he may not be coming North anytime soon.  Plus he's plus size.

Would Matt O'Donnel be more of a priority/better signing than Muamba

Was he cut?

yes

O'Donnel was let our of his contract by EE to pursue the NFL so I would expect they would have some pull on him. He played about 3/4 of the Bengals last game and looked good so he may not be coming North anytime soon. Plus he's plus size.

Then we should have some pull with muamba seeing as tho we released him early too

I don't hold out much hope of signing Muamba.  Not because we wont be competitive with our offer.  But I believe he'll give strong consideration to the eastern based teams so he could play closer to family.  

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a gut feeling that I'm right.

Note to Iso...If Walter's isn't successful.  It also means that 7 other GM's couldn't get it done either.   So give up on your personal vendetta against the guy.      

Sucks that this didn't happen a week or two earlier, could have signed Henoc to a massive contract and cut Hurl with no cap issue. Either way Walters should do everything humanly possible to get Henoc to sign the dotted line.

Muamba, Wild and Peters available now...  Walters must be able to land one of those guys

Muamba and Wild are both beasts and if it has to be 2 out of 3, please let it be them.

What's the top $ to offer before he's not worth it anymore?

Keep in mind Picard's making close to $200,000. *puke*

I'd go to about $275,000, and that's pretty much the absolute ceiling I'd have at this SMS number for a non-QB.  That's 5% of the total SMS over a whole season, about $110,000 over the last 7 games.

Muamba, Wild and Peters available now... Walters must be able to land one of those guys

Muamba and Wild are both beasts and if it has to be 2 out of 3, please let it be them.

Oh, c'mon, we're not signing 2 of 3. That's ridiculous.

Why? Muamba and Wild have both played here before. We are allowed to get lucky once in a while.

I think Henoc should have to sign with us since we released him so he could try the NFL. Otherwise I think teams should stop releasing players to try the NFL.

He was a free agent, we didn't release him.
We released him early so he could sign.
I stand corrected. My point was that he would have been a free agent 5 days later. It's not like he was released in the middle of his contract.