Henoc Muamba Released by Colts!

gbill2004

Would LOVE to see Muamba here again and as much as it would be nice to think he would have some loyalty to the team, reality says that he can expect what, 4-6 years before his body says "No Mas"? He is likely to go where the dollar leads him and Ottawa seems to have no limit on their spending. Should Walters be able to sign him to a long-term sane contract, that would be a coup. As far as dumping contracts to make that possible, are not all veterans into guaranteed paydays now? If its just a few dollars more, I say screw the SMS and take the hit- we're halfway thru the season now anyways.

At some point if this team continues to lose out on the current NFL cuts there has to be some concern about the sentiment and stigma that this team now seems to be plagued with

Yea its really sad that the most impactful Canadian DE in recent memory, fresh from the NFL, chose not to sign here cause of that stigma and sentiment..

Oh.. Wait..

I don't hold out much hope of signing Muamba.  Not because we wont be competitive with our offer.  But I believe he'll give strong consideration to the eastern based teams so he could play closer to family.  

I hope I'm wrong but I just have a gut feeling that I'm right.

Note to Iso...If Walter's isn't successful.  It also means that 7 other GM's couldn't get it done either.   So give up on your personal vendetta against the guy.      

How many games has Kyle Walters won since he took over? I'd argue our Canadian & especially our American talent isn't a lot better under Walters than it was under Mack who had one...ONE.. lone scout in the US. Look at our quarterbacking situation. The team was in full panic mode last week & until we traded for Nicholls was the worst in the CFL by far. Our OL hasn't improved despite paying big bucks for Picard & Bryant. According to CFL Cap Geek we are the highest paid team in the CFL. What do we have to show for it? No, I don't think Walters has done a good job. It's not a personal vendetta.

I don't hold out much hope of signing Muamba.  Not because we wont be competitive with our offer.  But I believe he'll give strong consideration to the eastern based teams so he could play closer to family.  

Note to Iso...If Walter's isn't successful.  It also means that 7 other GM's couldn't get it done either.   So give up on your personal vendetta against the guy.      

How many games has Kyle Walters won since he took over? I'd argue our Canadian & especially our American talent isn't a lot better under Walters than it was under Mack who had one...ONE.. lone scout in the US. Look at our quarterbacking situation. The team was in full panic mode last week & until we traded for Nicholls was the worst in the CFL by far. Our OL hasn't improved despite paying big bucks for Picard & Bryant. According to CFL Cap Geek we are the highest paid team in the CFL. What do we have to show for it? No, I don't think Walters has done a good job. It's not a personal vendetta.

Have you looked at some of the salaries that are listed for players at that site? Do you really think Adam Bighill, Tanner Marsh, Brian Brohm, Linden Gaydosh, Luc Brodeur-Jourdain and Zach Anderson (to name a few) are making $51,000 a season. And there is no way Brendon LaBatte is only making $170,000 a season. I also find it very hard to believe that SirVincent Rogers signed with the RedBlacks for $110,000 or that Jeff Perrett is only making $100,000 with the Als. That's ridiculous. 

I don't hold out much hope of signing Muamba. Not because we wont be competitive with our offer. But I believe he'll give strong consideration to the eastern based teams so he could play closer to family.

Note to Iso...If Walter's isn't successful. It also means that 7 other GM's couldn't get it done either. So give up on your personal vendetta against the guy.

How many games has Kyle Walters won since he took over? I'd argue our Canadian & especially our American talent isn't a lot better under Walters than it was under Mack who had one...ONE.. lone scout in the US. Look at our quarterbacking situation. The team was in full panic mode last week & until we traded for Nicholls was the worst in the CFL by far. Our OL hasn't improved despite paying big bucks for Picard & Bryant. According to CFL Cap Geek we are the highest paid team in the CFL. What do we have to show for it? No, I don't think Walters has done a good job. It's not a personal vendetta.
American talent you may have a point on but Cdn talent takes time and I think Walters is moving in the right direction.

Have you looked at some of the salaries that are listed for players at that site? Do you really think Adam Bighill, Tanner Marsh, Brian Brohm, Linden Gaydosh, Luc Brodeur-Jourdain and Zach Anderson (to name a few) are making $51,000 a season. And there is no way Brendon LaBatte is only making $170,000 a season. I also find it very hard to believe that SirVincent Rogers signed with the RedBlacks for $110,000 or that Jeff Perrett is only making $100,000 with the Als. That's ridiculous. 

Yeah, I agree that some of the figures seem out of sync for guys like Bighill at $51,000 but the thing is it's the only thing I can go on. thing is, we don't know how the contracts are drawn up & if they're front or back end loaded. Maybe Sir Vincent took a huge up front bonus to lower the salary vs the cap? I  have no clue how the actual CBA works for the cap. Doesn't mean the entire site is wrong. Could be they don't know Bighill's salary so to be on the conservative side they listed him at the base salary. CFL CapGeek lists Winnipeg as the highest team salary wise which, if true is absolutely insane considering our record. I have no  reason to doubt it, though.  No matter, doesn't change my negative opinion of Walters & the job he's done. The team is a mess on offense but improving on defense under Hall. I still hope we win the next 2 games but the Riders should be high as a kite emotionally later today with the firings of Chamblin & Taman. It's going to be tough. Let's just hope the Bombers are up to it. 

Yeah, I agree that some of the figures seem out of sync for guys like Bighill at $51,000 but the thing is it's the only thing I can go on.

So to clarify, your stance is "I know it's wrong, but it's the basis of my argument anyway"? I may have to change my mental profile of you from grumpy old man to senile old man.

**edit** I kept reading and then realized you then went on to the "it's on the internet so it must be true" defense, as that's the only reason you're using that site, and basing your entire argument around it. Just gets better and better.

worth considering

...trade Picard to the Lions who is starting an import center for a 1st round draft pick or a package of starter/pick.

...then offer a boatload of cash to make Muamba the highest paid LB in the league

Picard has negative value.  His Madden rating would be like 65, and he's paid about 3x more than he's worth.   I don't think the Lions are that desperate for a NI centre and if they were we'd have to take back their version of him, a crappy overpaid veteran who is paid for the rest of the season.

I think Henoc should have to sign with us since we released him so he could try the NFL. Otherwise I think teams should stop releasing players to try the NFL.

Doesn't work like that in the CFL - even if he had an 'option' year left - he burned it when he was in Indy. This is why I keep berating the CFL draft here. Normally, in a draft, you draft the BPA or at worst the BPA for a position you have very little depth in. The CFL is the only pro NA draft I know of that you don't do that as if the player is 'too good' you won't get him. 

If it wasn't for university rules - I'd like to see the draft completely abolished and just go to two  territorial picks and the rest are UFA's that can be 'purchased' - maybe a similar system to the Soccer system- knowing you couldn't do that though until the players uni career was over. 

worth considering

...trade Picard to the Lions who is starting an import center for a 1st round draft pick or a package of starter/pick.

...then offer a boatload of cash to make Muamba the highest paid LB in the league

Picard has negative value.  His Madden rating would be like 65, and he's paid about 3x more than he's worth.   I don't think the Lions are that desperate for a NI centre and if they were we'd have to take back their version of him, a crappy overpaid veteran who is paid for the rest of the season.

Aren't the lions using an american center? Cuz rumors are they were going to go hard after Jones if he was let go. You could probably make a deal with the Lions around Picard but i don't think you get a  1st back.