Bombers Season Officially over time of death...

IF Drew heals up before the season is over, which is probably 50/50 given the timeline, I would want him to come back. Again, if he is actually healthy, I think it would be good for him to get some live snaps under his belt heading into the off-season.

Why would Drew want to play again this year? Why would anyone want him to?

to attempt to get into the playoffs, and then get hammered fifty to 6 and out?

We have no chance of winning a playoff game

So the point of that is what? improve the coach's resume is about all.

Willy needs to get better, come back and play next year, hopefully with a better Bomber offensive coach and players  that won't let him down so

badly as the current group has.

He went out and killed himself for this group, and their response so far, has been pitiful. I watched the game on TV and I thought I saw an offensive side that had quit.

I just came from reading about injuries like the one Willy has suffered. It's not good. What we don't know is whether or not this is a displaced, or non-displaced tibial fracture. Non-displaced is the better scenario where bone didn't actually break off.

A lot of the work being done is about controlling swelling to prevent further cell damage to the soft tissue and nerves within the knee. Once that is under control an evaluation has to be made on whether or not surgery is required. For stability, pins and/or screws may need to be implanted. If they do, then there is additional healing time involved. I'm reading more like 3-4 months (12-16 weeks) not 6-8 weeks.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/tibial-plateau-fracture

Also, since there is ligament damage, surgery may also be required to repair that requiring even more healing time. This isn't a simple tear of a muscle or ligament. It's a significant injury that may require multiple surgeries. It's going to be a challenge just to get him to where the knee joint is stable and can bear his weight without pain and hopefully, without post traumatic osteoarthritis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibial_plateau_fracture

I'm not saying it's career ending but who knows? The thought of ever sending him out behind our porous o-line again is at least frightening. The days of assuming he's invincible are over. I think even Drew knows this now.

Lmfao. "Im not saying its career ending..." But you sure want us to know that info..

Man alive. The pessimism.

get a deal for Ricky Ray done.... Harris is going to stick around in Toronto, they don't want another Collaros situation come back to bite them.  They've gotta get return on Ray, cause he'll be gone next offseason anyways.

I'm not one for giving up prospects to get better "now" as a stop gap.... but the freakin Grey Cup is here this year, and this ship is sinking quick.  If Walters could get it done, I'd be all for it!

Ricky Ray is at least as brittle as Willy,so putting him behind the current Bomber O-line is a recipe for an expensive disaster. Besides, its after 10:00 AM and we haven't heard that Bellefeuille and/or Brohm has been show the door, so my pessimism is growing.

So, he comes back & he takes a shot to the knee thanks to  our offensive line & he's done again. This time maybe for good. Why risk it with this group? This team is going nowhere. Well, it is going somewhere but it's not forward. The sad part is we can't even sign another qb as a FA out of the NFL or wherever our dutiful scouts find prospects as it seems it takes years to master Marcel's offense. Dominique Davis would seem the next logical man up in the qb line but he has only been here 2 months & MOS would say he's not ready to play which seems unbelievable.

I believe Drew Willy is done for the year. I felt that when the club said 6-8 weeks, they were trying to keep some hope in the fanbase.

I hope I'm wrong.

When he got hurt I asked a friends wife about the type of injury he suffered. She figured 3 months. If that's accurate, then we likely don't see him again this season unless we're hanging on to a playoff spot really late in the year.
And what qualifications does your friends wife have, other than being your "friends wife"?

Haha I laughed quite a bit when reading through this thread... my first thought was... you should probably preface that statement by telling us what your friend's wife's qualifications are or you'll get nailed here..

Maybe I'm being Spudsian in my opinion here, but it's certainly not time to write the season off yet. Still got a chance at the playoffs which is a good goal for this team considering where it started from and where it is now. 3 games against the Riders and Lions and if they can take care of business there then why can't they wind up 3rd in the west? Oh sure maybe the east crosses over but I don't see it. There's going to be some separation happening there pretty soon. I'd be a lot more confident with Drew Willy of course but hey maybe they figure things out. I won't write the season off until they lose back to back to the Riders. 

I believe Drew Willy is done for the year. I felt that when the club said 6-8 weeks, they were trying to keep some hope in the fanbase.

I hope I'm wrong.

When he got hurt I asked a friends wife about the type of injury he suffered. She figured 3 months. If that's accurate, then we likely don't see him again this season unless we're hanging on to a playoff spot really late in the year.
And what qualifications does your friends wife have, other than being your "friends wife"?

I agree with the at least 3 months comment, everything I have read about the injury suggests 2 months before you can start to walk so it will be at least another month to build up the strength again..

All you have to do to find out more is google the injury, it will be 2 months with no walking then another month or more building up strength. I don't see Willy coming back this year we are stuck with who we have. I would also say that Marve isn't nearly as bad as he played last game I think Marcel B. designed the worst possible gameplan for him and he lost his confidence... I would just let Marve be Marve going forward and he will play much better, I would even consider promoting Davis over Brohm I don't see Brohm helping us at all and I think he should have been cut long ago, I would take Max Hall over Brohm any time.

Maybe I'm being Spudsian in my opinion here, but it's certainly not time to write the season off yet. Still got a chance at the playoffs which is a good goal for this team considering where it started from and where it is now. 3 games against the Riders and Lions and if they can take care of business there then why can't they wind up 3rd in the west? Oh sure maybe the east crosses over but I don't see it. There's going to be some separation happening there pretty soon. I'd be a lot more confident with Drew Willy of course but hey maybe they figure things out. I won't write the season off until they lose back to back to the Riders. 

I think you can pretty safely write this season off. The separation you mention is happening and it's leaving us clearly behind everyone else. Our offence has shown a fundamental lack of anything without Drew at the helm.

It's weird to say the estimated earliest recovery time is 6-8 weeks. Isn't that the same, technically speaking, as saying the estimated earliest recovery time is 6 weeks?

If he misses 8 or so weeks that's thanksgiving. We probably won't be completely eliminated from the playoffs by then so he will play if he can. If the priority was to keep him healthy by avoiding playing him in pursuit of lost causes he wouldn't have been playing the second half in Hamilton to begin with.

Let's face it some kind of cheesy end of season two gaming winning streak has saved coaches jobs before and I'm sure 7-11 or whatever will play better than 4-14. Whether it should or not is another issue.

It's weird to say the estimated earliest recovery time is 6-8 weeks. Isn't that the same, technically speaking, as saying the estimated earliest recovery time is 6 weeks?

If he misses 8 or so weeks that's thanksgiving. We probably won't be completely eliminated from the playoffs by then so he will play if he can. If the priority was to keep him healthy by avoiding playing him in pursuit of lost causes he wouldn't have been playing the second half in Hamilton to begin with.

Let's face it some kind of cheesy end of season two gaming winning streak has saved coaches jobs before and I'm sure 7-11 or whatever will play better than 4-14. Whether it should or not is another issue.

I have read about 6 sites regarding the Tibial Plateau Fracture recovery time and all of them talk about recovery in Months not Weeks so forget the 6 weeks it will be 2 months before Willy can put any weight on it without the cast then you have to rebuild the leg so that will take a number of weeks. So after 2 months or so Willy will have the cast off but playing will be a different time line...

I think you can pretty safely write this season off. The separation you mention is happening and it's leaving us clearly behind everyone else. Our offence has shown a fundamental lack of anything without Drew at the helm.

What separation though? Still the same number of wins as BC and they have problems of their own, more wins than the riders, one less than Montreal, 2 less then Ottawa.... Sure Calgary and Edmonton and Hamilton and Toronto are pulling ahead but so what? We're talking about taking the 3rd playoff spot in the west here and they're only 1 win back of that right now and could find themselves sitting in that position if they take advantage of the Riders. 

What separation though? Still the same number of wins as BC and they have problems of their own, more wins than the riders, one less than Montreal, 2 less then Ottawa.... Sure Calgary and Edmonton and Hamilton and Toronto are pulling ahead but so what? We're talking about taking the 3rd playoff spot in the west here and they're only 1 win back of that right now and could find themselves sitting in that position if they take advantage of the Riders. 

BC is a bit of a gong show too, but they've played one less game, and Harris can drag the rest of them to a couple more wins. We're ahead of the Riders for now, but in their losses they've looked a hell of a lot more impressive than we have of late (their last game notwithstanding). Everyone in the East is ahead of us and I don't see our  ability to overtake any of them.

We need to finish ahead of three teams to make the play offs. We are only ahead of the Riders and our offence right now is unable to win us a game. I personally see us falling further back behind at least the six play off teams.

BC is a bit of a gong show too, but they've played one less game, and Harris can drag the rest of them to a couple more wins. We're ahead of the Riders for now, but in their losses they've looked a hell of a lot more impressive than we have of late (their last game notwithstanding). Everyone in the East is ahead of us and I don't see our  ability to overtake any of them.

We need to finish ahead of three teams to make the play offs. We are only ahead of the Riders and our offence right now is unable to win us a game. I personally see us falling further back behind at least the six play off teams.

We are tied with BC in wins and hold the tie breaker, I take issue with your assessment that we are only ahead of one team. You are dismissing the trouble the Lions have and over estimating the RIders. We lost to Toronto by 1 score the week before this, too much emphasis based on a blowout to what is probably the best team in the league. Our defence looked good until the back breaking pick 6 to start the 2nd half. Let's not completely write off what the Bombers have here. They are 1 win out of a playoff spot. Hardly time to be tossing the season out the window. Be an optimist prime not a negatron. 

I find myself on the fence here a bit, I mean, if we could get some decent and really i just mean average QB play, we'd be alright i think. We would have a chance, I'm not counting on Drew coming  back anytime soon and being the hero but I am hopeful that he comes back. Really tho, we need just average QB play, Marve was not average last game, he was well below average, it wasn't good, people talk about blowouts but at least in those games, we actually moved the ball a wee bit, this game... 136 yards of O, 96 through 3 quarters... That's pathetic and embarassing... yet at the half the game was 8-3 calgary... we were in it, that interception was the turning point for sure but... we were in it, our QB played average to maybe just below average in the first half (don't care about 11/12, it's average) cuz they were all 5 6 yard passes... but, we were in it.

Find us a QB that can actually move the ball more than 5 yards a time and we will be right there fighting for 3rd... might be an east cross over this year but i don't think Montreal or Ottawa are as good as their records say they are... so it really is up in the air.

Find us a QB that can move the ball, and we have a chance, if we don't... yeah no chance in hell.

I'm not at the point of writing Marve off just yet but... honestly, almost. Brohm? He's a joke and should be cut today.

I hope they give Davis more reps to see what he can do cuz honestly, i don't think he could do any worse than what we saw from both QB's last game. 

People need to give up the idea that the Argos will trade Ray this season even when he does come back from injury.  It's rare to have good two Qbs to rely on and that appears to be what the Argos will have in the stretch run.  That will help if one begins to struggle or is injured.  The argos will run with both all the way through the playoffs and probably lose Ray in the off season.

I find myself on the fence here a bit, I mean, if we could get some decent and really i just mean average QB play, we'd be alright i think. We would have a chance, I'm not counting on Drew coming  back anytime soon and being the hero but I am hopeful that he comes back. Really tho, we need just average QB play, Marve was not average last game, he was well below average, it wasn't good, people talk about blowouts but at least in those games, we actually moved the ball a wee bit, this game... 136 yards of O, 96 through 3 quarters... That's pathetic and embarassing... yet at the half the game was 8-3 calgary... we were in it, that interception was the turning point for sure but... we were in it, our QB played average to maybe just below average in the first half (don't care about 11/12, it's average) cuz they were all 5 6 yard passes... but, we were in it.

Find us a QB that can actually move the ball more than 5 yards a time and we will be right there fighting for 3rd... might be an east cross over this year but i don't think Montreal or Ottawa are as good as their records say they are... so it really is up in the air.

Find us a QB that can move the ball, and we have a chance, if we don't... yeah no chance in hell.

I'm not at the point of writing Marve off just yet but... honestly, almost. Brohm? He's a joke and should be cut today.

I hope they give Davis more reps to see what he can do cuz honestly, i don't think he could do any worse than what we saw from both QB's last game. 

It really doesn't matter who we get if MB is calling the shots.  In my opinion, he's the first thing that has to go but at the same time, you can't just bring in someone else and a new system in midstream.  So O'Shea has to wear this one and I hope that he realizes that wins>loyalty and loyalty>wins=unemployment.