Bombers Season Officially over time of death...

It is next year ville in 'Peg city. I will still watch hoping they can pull off a miracle but I am losing faith by the moment.Help me I have fallen off teh band wagon and can't get up!!

Marve throwing that pick six to start the 3rd quarter was in my opinion the end of the 2015 season and O'Shea closed the casket when he lifted Marve in favor of Bouncer I mean Brohm who would make a good 3rd baseman or basketball player as he has the bounce throw/pass perfected. The defence gave up on the offence yesterday after the pick six and I think there is no turning back or righting this ship.  Time for management to state this is a rebuilding process, hold a town hall with the fans to explain this and offer the season ticket holder's an apology. Naturally, you can't predict your qb of the future will be out 6 to 8 weeks  BUT you could have planned for it by ensuring there was a veteran back up waiting in the wings not another couple of rookies as has beeen the case for far too many years.

It is all over but for the crying!

Before we write off the season in week 10, remember that even if we lost 38-37 to Calgary yesterday, it still would be a loss and we'd be 3-6, but I suspect the death march would be put on hold. SO, remember that we have:

- 2 games against an 0-9 Rider squad left

- 2 games against a Jeckyll and Hyde RedBlack team that won't surprise anyone anymore this year

- a game against a rather plain looking BC team who we beat already and that has since lost it's best player for the rest of the year

- a game against Montreal who we beat already this year and who are still not set at QB

- Drew Willy, who is 3-1 when he starts and finishes games this year, will be back for all of those games except for the Riders.

I'm not overly optimistic, but we are not dead and buried yet by any means.

Before we write off the season in week 10, remember that even if we lost 38-37 to Calgary yesterday, it still would be a loss and we'd be 3-6, but I suspect the death march would be put on hold. SO, remember that we have:

- 2 games against a Jeckyll and Hyde RedBlack team that won't surprise anyone anymore this year

- a game against a rather plain looking BC team who we beat already and that has since lost it's best player for the rest of the year

- a game against Montreal who we beat already this year and who are still not set at QB

- Drew Willy, who is 3-1 when he starts and finishes games this year, will be back for all of those games except for the Riders.

Said he from the bottom of a six-foot deep trench.

Not to rain on your parade, but we can't win with our offence as it stands and we have no idea when Willy will be back or how long he'll be able to stay in once he does.

Doubt it.  It was re-evaluate at 6 weeks, not ready to play at 6 weeks.

Not to rain on your parade, but we can't win with our offence as it stands and we have no idea when Willy will be back or how long he'll be able to stay in once he does.

Did you see him hobbling around on crutches yesterday? Man that didn't look good. It appears his leg is messed up bad.

I believe they said the "most optimistic prognosis was 6-8 weeks"- not encouraging.

I believe they said the "most optimistic prognosis was 6-8 weeks"- not encouraging.

If it wasn't for those blasted crutches I'm sure he'd declare himself ready to go because, y'know, he's such a fast healer.  ;)

Why would Drew want to play again this year? Why would anyone want him to?

to attempt to get into the playoffs, and then get hammered fifty to 6 and out?

We have no chance of winning a playoff game

So the point of that is what? improve the coach's resume is about all.

Willy needs to get better, come back and play next year, hopefully with a better Bomber offensive coach and players  that won't let him down so

badly as the current group has.

He went out and killed himself for this group, and their response so far, has been pitiful. I watched the game on TV and I thought I saw an offensive side that had quit. Those guys on offence (players and coaches) should be ashamed of how bad they are.

Willy needs to get better, come back and play next year, hopefully with a better Bomber offensive coach and players  that won't let him down so

He went out and killed himself for this group, and their response so far, has been pitiful. I watched the game on TV and I thought I saw an offensive side that had quit. Those guys on offence should be ashamed of how bad they are.

O'Shea would probably say something like "Drew gives us the best chance to win, so I'm not going to ask the guys to play hard and not give them every chance to be successful."  Translation: I need wins to keep my job, so he plays.

Did you see him hobbling around on crutches yesterday? Man that didn't look good. It appears his leg is messed up bad.

Even if Willy could come back, I don't want him to. Let Willy have the off season to completely heal & get strong. 

He went out and killed himself for this group, and their response so far, has been pitiful. I watched the game on TV and I thought I saw an offensive side that had quit. 

I just came from reading about injuries like the one Willy has suffered. It's not good. What we don't know is whether or not this is a displaced, or non-displaced tibial fracture. Non-displaced is the better scenario where bone didn't actually break off.

A lot of the work being done is about controlling swelling to prevent further cell damage to the soft tissue and nerves within the knee. Once that is under control an evaluation has to be made on whether or not surgery is required. For stability, pins and/or screws may need to be implanted. If they do, then there is additional healing time involved. I'm reading more like 3-4 months (12-16 weeks) not 6-8 weeks.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/tibial-plateau-fracture

Also, since there is ligament damage, surgery may also be required to repair that requiring even more healing time. This isn't a simple tear of a muscle or ligament. It's a significant injury that may require multiple surgeries. It's going to be a challenge just to get him to where the knee joint is stable and can bear his weight without pain and hopefully, without post traumatic osteoarthritis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibial_plateau_fracture

I'm not saying it's career ending but who knows? The thought of ever sending him out behind our porous o-line again is at least frightening. The days of assuming he's invincible are over. I think even Drew knows this now. 

I believe Drew Willy is done for the year. I felt that when the club said 6-8 weeks, they were trying to keep some hope in the fanbase.

I hope I'm wrong.

When he got hurt I asked a friends wife about the type of injury he suffered. She figured 3 months. If that's accurate, then we likely don't see him again this season unless we're hanging on to a playoff spot really late in the year.

I believe Drew Willy is done for the year. I felt that when the club said 6-8 weeks, they were trying to keep some hope in the fanbase.

I hope I'm wrong.

When he got hurt I asked a friends wife about the type of injury he suffered. She figured 3 months. If that's accurate, then we likely don't see him again this season unless we're hanging on to a playoff spot really late in the year.
And what qualifications does your friends wife have, other than being your "friends wife"?