NEW Bombers

Goalie

Scouting report on Sam Longo:

Positive: Ohio State transfer who moved into the starting role at Cincinnati last season. Tall blocker who displays ability in motion. Plays with good lean, keeps his feet moving, and works his hands throughout the action. Stays square and uses good body positioning to seal defenders from the play. Quick off the snap, better than average skills pulling across the line of scrimmage, and effective on the second level. Works blocks and plays through the whistle.

Negative: Sets with a narrow base. Lacks great footwork in space. Average strength and struggles handling larger linemen.

Analysis: Longo did a solid job at Cincinnati after spending most of his career on the bench at Ohio State. He's a developmental prospect with the underlying ability to backup in a zone-blocking system.

Scouting report on Sam Longo:

Positive: Ohio State transfer who moved into the starting role at Cincinnati last season. Tall blocker who displays ability in motion. Plays with good lean, keeps his feet moving, and works his hands throughout the action. Stays square and uses good body positioning to seal defenders from the play. Quick off the snap, better than average skills pulling across the line of scrimmage, and effective on the second level. Works blocks and plays through the whistle.
Negative: Sets with a narrow base. Lacks great footwork in space. Average strength and struggles handling larger linemen.
Analysis: Longo did a solid job at Cincinnati after spending most of his career on the bench at Ohio State. He's a developmental prospect with the underlying ability to backup in a zone-blocking system.

Seems better suited to tackle rather than guard.

Honestly, Willie was always the most impressive receiver to me when I watched TC. He's just solid in so many areas. I had a feeling they'd cut him anyway since it appeared they had no real interest in keeping the new guys around so I'm thrilled to see him back. Plus he wears a dark visor which we can all agree is pretty sharp.

Honestly, Willie was always the most impressive receiver to me when I watched TC. He's just solid in so many areas. I had a feeling they'd cut him anyway since it appeared they had no real interest in keeping the new guys around so I'm thrilled to see him back. Plus he wears a dark visor which we can all agree is pretty sharp.

Agreed. There was a lot to like about him. Turned into a numbers game at the time. Hope he comes back and impresses.

What do they mean when they say he sets with a narrow base? Feet together? 

Good with the other except this team is starting to give us the willies.

Think about it, stand with your feet close together and see how stable you are, then widen your stance and see how it changes. Your feet are your base, if it's too narrow you lose balance and power. 

What do they mean when they say he sets with a narrow base? Feet together? 

Good with the other except this team is starting to give us the willies.

Think about it, stand with your feet close together and see how stable you are, then widen your stance and see how it changes. Your feet are your base, if it's too narrow you lose balance and power. 

I thought that would be what it was but then surely in all the years he has played someone would have taught him to widen his stance. Seems a rather trivial thing to fix yet it leads the list of negatives.  Thanks for the reply.