Bombers interested in Jasper Simmons, UPDATE: Signed to PR

gbill2004

@PentonKirk: I'm hearing the #Bombers and Jasper Simmons are in negotiations.

Good decision on Simmons part. Make sense to get this bye week to learn Halls D and play vs the Stamps next week.

Plus it would be a great story line if he help the D stuffed Stamps running game and help the Bombers win.

Im betting he will get #51

If love it if we signed him, but based on the coaching staff's philosophy, I'm not sure where he fits into the roster. He's going to want guaranteed playing time.

Sit Littlejohn and let him learn the CFL game more.
But LittleJohn wasn't really playing much. Simmons will want real playing time, after what happened in Calgary.

If love it if we signed him, but based on the coaching staff's philosophy, I'm not sure where he fits into the roster. He's going to want guaranteed playing time.

But LittleJohn wasn't really playing much. Simmons will want real playing time, after what happened in Calgary.

If I'm Oshea / Hall, I rotate him with Hurl on the middle. I believe he will get his playing time here.

If I'm Oshea / Hall, I rotate him with Hurl on the middle.
I like this idea.

If I'm Oshea / Hall, I rotate him with Hurl on the middle.
I like this idea.

I think that was the intention for Burnett and Littlejohn too. Only that Burnett stint was cut short because of injury while LIttlejohn is not that familiar yet with the CFL game and Hall's D. At least Simmons knows the  CFL game already and have familiarity with O'shea.

In three days, Ive gone from asking who this guy was, to have him playing any position on the defence. If we sign him, he'll get four interceptions off of Calgary. On special teams he'll run back one punt and the opening kickoff for touchdowns. He'll back up Hirallahu as a punter.

If Simmons ends up signing, good on Walters and Co.

Simmons IMO is a talent, I still don't see the point of the trade (Price for Simmons) on either side though, but that's sports sometimes I suppose.