Bombers interested in Jasper Simmons, UPDATE: Signed to PR

gbill2004

To be honest, I have never heard of Simmons until today. Is he that good that he can help our D?

Our D appears to be coming along quite nicely. I can see them acheiving some very dominant performances THIS year. Potentially, Westerman (Defensive) and Johnny Adams (Rookie) are two players that could possibly be Western Candidates in the Player Awards.

Simmons was very good last year, no idea why he's sitting on the bench to be honest. He was Ottawa's MOP nominee last year. Very bright star on a weak defense.

Here's what started the bruhaha. Jasper Simmons agent:

https://twitter.com/SammyG75

I don't like to dabble in hyperbole, but this guy is the worst agent in the history of agents.  What a tool shed.  If I'm Huff Simmons is spending the rest of the year on the bench just out of spite.

He can't cut him. This crap will happen again and again if players think it will get them out of contracts or released from teams. Sit his butt down for the rest of the year and cut him in the off-season once the point has been proven.

I don't like to dabble in hyperbole, but this guy is the worst agent in the history of agents.  What a tool shed.  If I'm Huff Simmons is spending the rest of the year on the bench just out of spite.

He can't cut him. This crap will happen again and again if players think it will get them out of contracts or released from teams. Sit his butt down for the rest of the year and cut him in the off-season once the point has been proven.

If you represent other people professionally you probably shouldn't have a twitter account at all, and "******" definitely isn't a word that should appear anywhere in it.  This guy is monumentally bad at his job.

If you represent other people professionally you probably shouldn't have a twitter account at all, and "******" definitely isn't a word that should appear anywhere in it.  This guy is monumentally bad at his job.

It was a bad decision to say anything at all. simple as that.

Hate to say it but it worked for Grigsby....Players who are not happy with their situation is a tough one to handle...kind of damned if you do damned if you don't....After saying that, Simmons wouldn't be a bad addition seeing as there are no guarantees Wild will be cut...Prefer Ian though..

I'm wondering if the agent sees this as a case of desperate times call for desperate measures. It sounds like he tried to get something done quietly but when that didn't work, he went public. 

I think you are definitely on to something with that comment.

You know they are not even dressing him if it was NFL where your making big bucks yeah sit your a$$ but for Cfl dough this guy can play they should of moved him now they will have to sucks it up like we did ,players careers are just too short.

Worth noting - this guy really isn't a prominent CFL agent so he doesn't have the same kind of pull as guys like Gill, Vertlieb, etc. He represents Simmons, EJ Kuale and I think a handful of other PR guys. He has to get the job done without much leverage elsewhere and I'd say he's doing it - even if he publicly looks like a fool, his client will be happy. Mission accomplished.

Worth noting - this guy really isn't a prominent CFL agent so he doesn't have the same kind of pull as guys like Gill, Vertlieb, etc. He represents Simmons, EJ Kuale and I think a handful of other PR guys. He has to get the job done without much leverage elsewhere and I'd say he's doing it - even if he publicly looks like a fool, his client will be happy. Mission accomplished.

Hey Mike, just asking. Would you know if the Bombers at least inquired with Calgary for possibly trading for him?

Tough one. Sometimes players truly need to be gagged for their own good. A friend of mine has a good philosophy. If you want to send out an email or social media post that is perhaps sensitive? Save it for 24 hours review again and then decide if you really should send it.

Checked BLM's twitter feed & didn't see any tweets about Jasper Simmons. I guess he deleted what he said. What did he say? What did he say?

@BoLeviMitchell: @simmons_jasper @MauricePrice17 @_McDaniel16 Damn, U really trying to say you want to be somewhere else? Smarten up Jasper You a good player

Tough one. Sometimes players truly need to be gagged for their own good. A friend of mine has a good philosophy. If you want to send out an email or social media post that is perhaps sensitive? Save it for 24 hours review again and then decide if you really should send it.

Or do what one of my buddies suggest.  Twitter chapperones.   Write it out, get 2-3 people to look at it, and if it passes their standards, send it out