Bombers interested in Jasper Simmons, UPDATE: Signed to PR

gbill2004

Not sure why Twitter is so quick to say this was terrible work by the agent. Maybe. Or maybe he just got his client a fresh start with a chance at a pay increase from the league minimum he might've been making.

I wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg signed Simmons.

I'd be pretty sure the agent didn't make those tweets in a bubble without Simmons knowing the potential consequences. Being released I'm guessing, was an acceptable outcome to him.

Isnt that the job of the agent?  When all else fails, to be the lightening rod?  If the agent looks like an ass, so be it. 

I guess its nice to have a top quality starting player as a back up but I can understand the position that if Im good enough to play but you dont play me, then trade me.  if I have value, get something for me,  If you cant use me, let me play.  If he was an NHL player making a guaranteed $3m then hard to feel too bad.  But if he was an NHL player, he'd either be playing or he'd be traded to get something of return.  Starting players arent stockpiled in case of injury.

Simmons seems to be a pretty good fit for the Lions with Elemimian gone for the season and Huffer is probably tired of the drama but may want to make a point by keeping Simmons around for a while. It would be a bad precedent to allow a player to kvetch his way off the team.

The all mighty foot ball god Buono won't pick up other teams scraps.

He has a Rolodex of endless amount of super star players.....or so it is told on these boards....

I would assume he goes to Riderville

Simmons isn't "other teams scraps"  he's a legitimate starting MLB.  Something the Lions had until they lost Elimimian.

Simmons seems to be a pretty good fit for the Lions with Elemimian gone for the season and Huffer is probably tired of the drama but may want to make a point by keeping Simmons around for a while. It would be a bad precedent to allow a player to kvetch his way off the team.

Already been released.

As parting gift, Simmons was fined for violating Stamps' social media policy, per source. Like a speeding ticket on way out of town. #CFL

Sounds like Stamps were weighing giving in to Simmons' demands vs. locker-room that didn't really want him back. Locker-room won. #CFL

Would we play him over Hurl? I doubt it. And I would hope not over Bass. I love Simmonds as a player but I imagine he wouldn't be much happier here. At least he'd be on the game day roster I guess.

I put him in the 44 instead of Littlejohn, that's for sure.

Riders seems like the best fit because he would get a starting shot there.

The problem is the Riders is not winning. At least the Bombers is sitting at 3rd in the West.

So you think he would rather be depth on a winning club than starting on a losing one? Do you see why that makes no sense? He just left that situation.

Riders seems like the best fit because he would get a starting shot there.

The problem is the Riders is not winning. At least the Bombers is sitting at 3rd in the West.

So you think he would rather be depth on a winning club than starting on a losing one? Do you see why that makes no sense? He just left that situation.

I'm hoping Simmons wont read this... LOL.

Anyways, one thing that the Ticats is doing that no others team dont, they alternately sitting guys (even starters) on a weekly basis. That is too keep them healthy and fresh. That's why you see a lot of players listed on their IR. That was mentioned in the TSN panel previously too. And winning makes the team buy on to it. So if Simmons ended with the Ticats, he will still get his chance(s) to play and a highly possible chance to earn an playoff cheques.

Simmons released.. Interesting, wonder how quickly he gets picked up by someone, Wonder if the twitter rant hurt his chances of being picked up? It's a legit concern i think, I dunno how I'd feel about signing him, guess call me on the fence really, if we do? Great, If not that's Great too. 

Personally think he'd make very little difference to us as our D have played quite well the last few games and are coming off probably their best game all season. Not sure he starts here, if he signs here and doesn't start right away, do we see his agent rant on twitter again? I dunno.