Bombers interested in Jasper Simmons, UPDATE: Signed to PR

gbill2004

The all mighty foot ball god Buono won't pick up other teams scraps.

He has a Rolodex of endless amount of super star players.....or so it is told on these boards....

I would assume he goes to Riderville

Simmons isn't "other teams scraps" he's a legitimate starting MLB. Something the Lions had until they lost Elimimian.

Are other teams scraps considered scraps if acquired by trade? Buono obtained Arland Bruce and Kevin Glenn both by trade, and Paul Maccallum by SK wanting to cut his pay by 30%.

By Rolodex, don't you really mean, The DATABASE?

I think even thought the defence has been progressing, a unit with a proven CFL ready backer like Simmons, with either Hurl and Bass, Or Bass and Randle makes us better.

Randle can go back to corner and Bucknor rotates in and out and focuses on special teams, or Hurl gets rotated in and out and focuses on the teams.

If he comes cheap...sure why not. Not a priority signing though. As for the Riders interest?? Emry is what exactly? Done? Going to be released? Not coming back this season?

Thing with Jasper is that you gotta play him at MLBer. He wouldn't make a very good WIL.

To be fair to Simmons, it seems like he'd rather be playing on a team not as good as the stamps then not playing. I dunno if i can fault a guy for that type of attitude. Like others have mentioned, careers are short, he isn't being paid tons however it is only for about 5 months but still.... he's not making millions... I have some respect for the guy seeing as tho he could have just sucked it up and dealt with it but the guy wants to play... He wants to play and i don't think theres anything wrong with that. I would have concerns tho about what happens if he plays and isn't good and is then relegated to backup or not playing again... 

If he comes cheap...sure why not. Not a priority signing though. As for the Riders interest?? Emry is what exactly? Done? Going to be released? Not coming back this season?

Thing with Jasper is that you gotta play him at MLBer. He wouldn't make a very good WIL.

Middle and weakside are what his two best positions are...

To be fair to Simmons, it seems like he'd rather be playing on a team not as good as the stamps then not playing. I dunno if i can fault a guy for that type of attitude. Like others have mentioned, careers are short, he isn't being paid tons however it is only for about 5 months but still.... he's not making millions... I have some respect for the guy seeing as tho he could have just sucked it up and dealt with it but the guy wants to play... He wants to play and i don't think theres anything wrong with that. I would have concerns tho about what happens if he plays and isn't good and is then relegated to backup or not playing again... 

Now that he's been released his old contract is in the dustbin. Basically he's become a free agent right now rather than having to wait till next February.

If more than one team is interested there could be a bit of a bidding war for him.

It's a piece of **** move to ***** about playing time to force your release. I understand he wants more money but it's still a ***** move.

You would rather a guy who wants to sit on his a$$ and make his dough.Anybody remember Charlie Roberts threatening to quit if he didn't play more?How did that work out?Guy just wants to play

It's a piece of **** move to ***** about playing time to force your release. I understand he wants more money but it's still a ***** move.

You would rather a guy who wants to sit on his a$$ and make his dough.Anybody remember Charlie Roberts threatening to quit if he didn't play more?How did that work out?Guy just wants to play

I want someone who acts like a professional and keeps his mouth shut and busts his ass in practise and then when the chance to play rolls around you just play so well they can't take you out. Charlie Roberts was an immature little prick and if he wasn't as talented as he was there is no way I would have wanted him on the team. 

Iso, I think what Mike's saying is that Simmons is losing out on bonuses b/c he's not playing.

id imagine he is right.. probably incentive based contract for tackles, sacks, picks, etc..

frankly, Calgary was crazy to consider paying a guy to sit on a suspended list. if he wants out, trade him for an asset or cut him (doh already happened) and bring a body in who isnt causing locker room dramatics.

This would be a good signing if the Bombers can get him, he could transform the defense much the same way Barrin Simpson did when he came in and would have a huge chip on his shoulder.

And he would be able to display the chip on on his shoulders on August 29. Would we take th guy, from a team we are about to play, just for some insight? Not the Bombers. No way.

This would be a good signing if the Bombers can get him, he could transform the defense much the same way Barrin Simpson did when he came in and would have a huge chip on his shoulder.

And he would be able to display the chip on on his shoulders on August 27. Would we take th guy, from a team we are about to play, just for some insight? Not the Bombers. No way.

The stars are aligning on this for sure.