Who should we bring in to replace our OC

SPuDS

Who replaces Bellefeuille  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice who do you pick?

• Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Let Howell and Pierce coach by commitee
    • Other -specify in post
    • Stay status quo
    • Wait until off-season and throw money at -also post in thread

Its rapidly becoming apparent that MB does not have the offensive gameset in mind for us to be successful..

He probably has this next 3-4 weeks to prove he can make our offensive line, blocking and QB play into something meaningful. I fully expect he falls flat on his face..

With that in mind..

Protection will look fine if Marve is the starter.

It didnt look all that swell when he got in last game. His pick six was directly due to him panicking in the pocket.

Hamiltons Dline is pretty f'n nasty tho so maybe the line looks better against a lesser pass rush.

Doug Berry was also a pocket QB OC who needed a power back...  same as MB except he's not using his RBs for whatever reason

LaPolice isn't quitting TSN to be an OC with a backup QB

The only solution I can think of right now is bringing in Mike Gibson to assist Bellefuile - yes... I know... but firing mid-season is tricky, we have no replacement and no one is out there

At least, Gibson called running plays - maybe he can help bring out the best in MB.

In the off-season, I'd take a long look at Crandell or Jones

It didnt look all that swell when he got in last game. His pick six was directly due to him panicking in the pocket.

Hamiltons Dline is pretty f'n nasty tho so maybe the line looks better against a lesser pass rush.

There are lots of reasons for a pick six, and panic is usually not one of them.

As much as everyone wants to see MB's head on a platter, I don't see the benefit in firing an offensive coordinator midseason. Nobody is going to come in and change everything so drastically that the team turns itself around.

We could very well see some movement of offensive coordinators this offseason so I would wait until then. I'd like to see a veteran guy like Chapdelaine or Cortez here but those might be wishful thinking. We would probably end up hiring Dinwiddie.

As much as everyone wants to see MB's head on a platter, I don't see the benefit in firing an offensive coordinator midseason. Nobody is going to come in and change everything so drastically that the team turns itself around.

We could very well see some movement of offensive coordinators this offseason so I would wait until then. I'd like to see a veteran guy like Chapdelaine or Cortez here but those might be wishful thinking. We would probably end up hiring Dinwiddie.

The benefit is that he's gone and there's no temptation to just keep him around next season. 

Unfortunately Mb won't change his schemes to take advantage of Marve's skillset.

HC needs to grow a set and demand he come up with a package to take advantage of his skills and then add to it every week from here on in till the end of the season, that's what good coaches do.

Khari? how's he done so far as a coach?

The way things are with this team I'll be surprised if we can get anyone that's had a record of being  effective and competent. 

and as much as people hate Jones in Edmonton, and Austin, cause they're arrogant and the rest of it, seems like that might be a good quality for a head coach.

look at their teams. Edmonton O line is nothing to write home about, so they say. seems to be getting the job done with the backup QB.

#pissedoff

soo many awful choices on that list. Idk how people forget about plops offesnive play calling soo quickly. Worse then MB imop. 

Id promote buck pierce for the rest of the season, and do some serious searching for a good OC who can run a CFL offense in the off season. That said if MB gets canned mid season I think they promote buck and then turn him into full OC in the off season.

Thats assuming we dont clear house in the coaching staff, which i dont think happens this year or off season.

Any one know what danny barret is up to?

soo many awful choices on that list. Idk how people forget about plops offesnive play calling soo quickly. Worse then MB imop. 

Id promote buck pierce for the rest of the season, and do some serious searching for a good OC who can run a CFL offense in the off season. That said if MB gets canned mid season I think they promote buck and then turn him into full OC in the off season.

Thats assuming we dont clear house in the coaching staff, which i dont think happens this year or off season.

Danny Barrett was a decent coach and a pretty good QB in his day, but he treated media and fans like they were invading Nazis.

Danny Barrett was a decent coach and a pretty good QB in his day, but he treated media and fans like they were invading Nazis.

I think we talked about this last year or the year before.  Danny is a RB coach at UCF.  Apparently he's making decent money.