Who should we bring in to replace our OC

SPuDS

Who replaces Bellefeuille  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice who do you pick?

• Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Let Howell and Pierce coach by commitee
    • Other -specify in post
    • Stay status quo
    • Wait until off-season and throw money at -also post in thread

soo many awful choices on that list. Idk how people forget about plops offesnive play calling soo quickly. Worse then MB imop. 

Id promote buck pierce for the rest of the season, and do some serious searching for a good OC who can run a CFL offense in the off season. That said if MB gets canned mid season I think they promote buck and then turn him into full OC in the off season.

Thats assuming we dont clear house in the coaching staff, which i dont think happens this year or off season.

Any one know what danny barret is up to?

I woulda left "insert your pick here" option but didnt think it was an option..

Who else is available readily that you could think of? I guess gibson i could have added.. Barrett? Ick..

I like Marcel but even I get this now.  If they can Marcel at seasons end, I'd hope we talk to Khari and Lapolice.  If they can him mid-season, I'd hope they talk to Lapo.  Ofcourse, why would Lapo quit TSN mid-season for that?  Especially when he's likely to get a shot at the Rider's HC gig?  If, for some reason, the OC job in Winnipeg appeals to Lapo, with perhaps dibs on the HC job here, then that's sort of a no-brainer I think.

LaPo is making top OC for being a after the fact know it all on TSN. He has indicated he has no intention of giving that up for anything but An HC job.

Which is smart.  He seems like a nice guy.  He handled his firing well and has done well for himself.  Probably first in line for SK HC job.  Maybe one here too if it's available.

Didnt we have two shots at Khari previously?

McManus and Goveia have scouted for years, Walters is very familiar with the Canadian Talent. I don't really get some of the posts on here, we are 3-4 and battling BC for third, BC ain't that great so its very possible we will get 3rd even with the Willy injury, It's almost like when adversity hits, the fans just go nuts and declare the season is over and then look for scapegoats immediately, we are 3-4. Why are people acting like we are 0-7? Seriously, it's mind boggling at times to read some of these posts but then again, I've been posting long enough to know that when the going gets tough, some of the "fans" get going really... 

Anyways, regarding the OC, i don't think its gonna happen mid season, it seems unlikely, never works, basically would be running the same O with a different guy in charge, you can't expect to change your playbook completely in a bye week, it just can't and never happens really. 

As for the running backs coach, look around the league, lots of teams have them.. the way i see it, the RBs coach is an entry level position really, it's an offensive assistant really... many teams in the league have running backs coaches. 

Would i like to see Marcel sent packing? YOU DAMN RIGHTS... Will it happen mid season? Unlikely. 

For sure, but... to be fair, Johnny Adams,Khalil Bass, Nate Collins, Justin Veltung, guess this week we will see Gordon and Scott, see what they can do... I think they have found some talent, Adams is a shutdown corner, Bass is a beast it seems, Collins has looked good when he has played, Veltung has been our best receiver the last couple weeks... It's not like they have found nothing really.. could even say Cam Marshall, and i get he was here last year but... he's looked good in limited reps.. I think they have found some guys and i guess this week, with injuries we will see what a couple others can do too. 

As much as I would love to see Khari back here, I believe he was offered an OC job before and declined, preferring to wait for a HC gig.  On the other hand, if he was an assistant coach, he could well inherit the head coach job if O'Shea doesn't survive.

As much as I would love to see Khari back here, I believe he was offered an OC job before and declined, preferring to wait for a HC gig.  On the other hand, if he was an assistant coach, he could well inherit the head coach job if O'Shea doesn't survive.

He's been with BC the last two years, demoted to receivers coach from OC.

Wouldn't Khari as OC and i like the guy but wouldn't it be like Having MB as OC all over again? Khari got his start in Hamilton did he not? when MB was coach? Khari is MB just a younger version really.

I don't know if I'd have much interest in Khari. I don't think LAPO is the answer either, he's been here b4 2 x and yeah... very vanilla, It's like people don't remember screaming at the TV when it was 2nd and 10 and lapo called a 4 yard pass. 

I also think Walters is over rated in regards to Canadians as well. I just don't think he's done enough to improve the talent level on this team. Every GM finds some guys who can play, the question is, has Walters found enough?

And really, Calgary has gone through about 20 DL in the last 5 years and they've all been dominant.  Ditto Edmonton, Hamilton.  Toronto's brought in several good ones.  We can't even find one guy who's good at getting after quarterbacks consistently, even if that's all he can do like an Odell Willis.  Westerman is doing OK, but we have no one who gets into the pocket, his sacks are motor sacks mostly out of the pocket, most on Collaros.  Gibson has looked good but apparently can't last 2 games in a row.