Who should we bring in to replace our OC

SPuDS

Who replaces Bellefeuille  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice who do you pick?

• Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Let Howell and Pierce coach by commitee
    • Other -specify in post
    • Stay status quo
    • Wait until off-season and throw money at -also post in thread

Which current OCs might be fired this offseason, besides Bellefeuille?

If the Riders clean house, Chapdelaine would be interesting. Khari would be better than Marcel.

I think it's time for Khari to come home, he will probably jump at the first OC offer that comes his way.  Miller should have some sway.

Whole-heartedly agree. I'm not a fan of the Chap-man, but Khari...come home.

I love me some Khari, but is he ready for OC?  He's already been demoted twice.  As everyone else has stated, he's comparable to MB.  We want someone really good that can turn things around.

Miller tried already. Went to him personally and tried to talk him into it prior to MB coming on board, but KJ said no dice, apparently, cause he only wanted HC gig, which they did interview him for, but ultimately chose MOS.

Wasn't that when he was already an OC? He's just a QB coach now, so he should be ready to listen.

I also think Walters is over rated in regards to Canadians as well. I just don't think he's done enough to improve the talent level on this team. Every GM finds some guys who can play, the question is, has Walters found enough?

Walters & O'Shea along with Miller are triplets. I doubt anyone gets fired. They're all good friends.

I also think Walters is over rated in regards to Canadians as well. I just don't think he's done enough to improve the talent level on this team. Every GM finds some guys who can play, the question is, has Walters found enough?

Walters & O'Shea along with Miller are triplets. I doubt anyone gets fired. They're all good friends.

You're really committed to this conspiracy eh?

Conspiracy? The challenge is as soon as you have to admit one errant hire you expose the fact that you have made a mistake and therefore become accountable. Then the clock starts ticking. Miller's first mistake was bringing in MB. Then you can decide who has been responsible for recycling that mistake.

Conspiracy? The challenge is as soon as you have to admit one errant hire you expose the fact that you have made a mistake and therefore become accountable. Then the clock starts ticking. Miller's first mistake was bringing in MB. Then you can decide who has been responsible for recycling that mistake.

Then the clock is already ticking, as you say. They already admitted one bad hire by firing Etcheverry.

Miller tried already. Went to him personally and tried to talk him into it prior to MB coming on board, but KJ said no dice, apparently, cause he only wanted HC gig, which they did interview him for, but ultimately chose MOS.

Wasn't that when he was already an OC? He's just a QB coach now, so he should be ready to listen.

No, that's when he was a QB coach for the Roughriders.  We offered him OC and he said no, that he wanted to be HC.  I'm not sure what happened after that, but he took a job OCing in BC instead of coming here.  Then when they hired Cortez, they made Cortez OC and QB Coach, and they demoted Khari and now he's Receivers Coach, not a QB Coach.

No, that's when he was a QB coach for the Roughriders.  We offered him OC and he said no, that he wanted to be HC.  I'm not sure what happened after that, but he took a job OCing in BC instead of coming here.  Then when they hired Cortez, they made Cortez OC and QB Coach, and they demoted Khari and now he's Receivers Coach, not a QB Coach.

the fact that he hasn't come back after this long makes me really wonder if he's got a sour taste about Winnipeg, as a city, and the club, specifically....

Conspiracy?

The one about the "old boys club" of Miller, Walters and O'Shea, which is laughable.

People are really expecting mid-season firings with a 3-4 record?

Lapolice had an interesting point on 1290 yesterday about developing quarterbacks in Winnipeg.  Hopefully the mob doesn't turn on Marve when he struggles, which is almost 100% certain.

They didn't offer Khari Jones anything.  It was heavily rumoured that Miller preferred him for certain jobs, but that was essentially baseless and founded on the fact that they have a personal relationship, idle gossip.  He interviewed for OC prior to last season and O'Shea decided to stick with Bellefeuille.  Why are people making things up about Khari Jones now?   :huh:

the fact that he hasn't come back after this long makes me really wonder if he's got a sour taste about Winnipeg, as a city, and the club, specifically....

I'd say maybe as a smart guy he's just avoiding the coaching graveyard that Winnipeg has become and that's why he's sort of had the HC or nothing attitude. That way if he flames out it's on his own terms. 

Re: Marve, it seems to me that he has way more goodwill built up from the fans than most back-ups. I think his honeymoon period will be longer than most. If he actually shows half-way decent tonight (doesn't even have to win, but is just "exciting") then they'll want Willy traded tomorrow...

They didn't offer Khari Jones anything.  It was heavily rumoured that Miller preferred him for certain jobs, but that was essentially baseless and founded on the fact that they have a personal relationship, idle gossip.  He interviewed for OC prior to last season and O'Shea decided to stick with Bellefeuille.  Why are people making things up about Khari Jones now?   :huh:

Sorry, I didn't mean we offered him OC, I meant he interviewed for it.  And I'm not making things up.  Many of the guys in the media stated that he wanted HC position and wouldn't come here for just the OC position (take that for what it's worth considering it's the Winnipeg media).

Sorry, I didn't mean we offered him OC, I meant he interviewed for it.  And I'm not making things up.  Many of the guys in the media stated that he wanted HC position and wouldn't come here for just the OC position (take that for what it's worth considering it's the Winnipeg media).

The only place I've ever heard or read this is on this message board.

Edm and Ham for sure...just because our fan base is that much more rabid. And the 25 years thing. People are so angry.

Edm and Ham for sure...just because our fan base is that much more rabid. And the 25 years thing. People are so angry.

Really? I think Edmonton and Hamilton are just as harsh. I mean, I agree we are harsh but think other team's fans are equally so.

soo many awful choices on that list. Idk how people forget about plops offesnive play calling soo quickly. Worse then MB imop. 

Id promote buck pierce for the rest of the season, and do some serious searching for a good OC who can run a CFL offense in the off season. That said if MB gets canned mid season I think they promote buck and then turn him into full OC in the off season.

Thats assuming we dont clear house in the coaching staff, which i dont think happens this year or off season.

Any one know what danny barret is up to?

Danny Barrett was a decent coach and a pretty good QB in his day, but he treated media and fans like they were invading Nazis.

I think we talked about this last year or the year before.  Danny is a RB coach at UCF.  Apparently he's making decent money.

Ahh thanks . can we fault him, he was in regina after all.... lol I wonder if DB was the real mind behind the O in sask with MB was there.

Gibson would be my vote, looked bad in Ottawa and made "questionable" calls according to some, but IMO when you have Ottawa's receiving core from last season, BAD Hank for most of the season and the useless Chevon Walker as your starting tail back, you are not going to look good as an offensive coordinator.

the 25 year drought makes Bomber fans especially crazy there is no denying that. I'd say Bomber fans are the most impatient fans in the league. Rider fans are generally overly biased and cling to their support longer than most would but Bomber fans are quick to turn on under performers. 

Are we any more negative on QBs than Saskatchewan? Edmonton? Hamilton?

Yes! Hellaciously so.. Riders will ride and back their QBs into the ground.., Edm had plenty of patience with nichols until he got in..

Hamilton didnt try to run lefevour or portis outta town from what i recall or at least not like we do.. Media, call in shows and 3 forums deep lol