Who should we bring in to replace our OC

SPuDS

Who replaces Bellefeuille  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice who do you pick?

• Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Let Howell and Pierce coach by commitee
    • Other -specify in post
    • Stay status quo
    • Wait until off-season and throw money at -also post in thread

Not so long ago, when Durant got hurt, people on here were going on about how good our QB depth was... Brohm played a bit and sucked and it changed but... let's not pretend that a few shorts weeks ago people weren't pretty much pimping how good our QB depth was. Yeah It's gonna take a bit of a hit when your starter gets hurt, no doubt about it... Time to see what Marve can do. If not Marve then Davis... I'm at the point where i don't want them to recycle QBs from the past, i'd rather they give a younger guy a chance and stick with him a few weeks. 

I also think Walters is over rated in regards to Canadians as well. I just don't think he's done enough to improve the talent level on this team. Every GM finds some guys who can play, the question is, has Walters found enough?

And really, Calgary has gone through about 20 DL in the last 5 years and they've all been dominant. Ditto Edmonton, Hamilton. Toronto's brought in several good ones. We can't even find one guy who's good at getting after quarterbacks consistently, even if that's all he can do like an Odell Willis. Westerman is doing OK, but we have no one who gets into the pocket, his sacks are motor sacks mostly out of the pocket, most on Collaros. Gibson has looked good but apparently can't last 2 games in a row.

Calgary has also gone through 15 starting OL in the last 3 years and still has a great OL. So is it coaching? Well the coach is Pat DelMonaco who everyone hated here. So what's the deal? How come they can bring in junior players and sixth round picks, and have them start on the OL without an issue?

I would suggest you have a very short memory then.  It wasn't like Calgary Depth or anything but nobody has that depth, it's not toronto depth but again Millanovich is a QB making machine really... We definitely had better depth than BC and still do in my opinion, Definitely better than Montreal... Might even be better than Hamilton, It's basically collaros or nothing there... definitely better than Ottawa, who is the backup to Henry even? Don't kid yourself man, OUR QB depth definitely wasn't Calgary or Toronto but nowhere near the bottom that's for sure. Probably in the middle...

I'll give you better than B.C. But otherwise

Toronto Ray, Harris,Gale

Ottawa Burris, DeMarco, O'Brien

Montreal Crompton, LeFevour, Marsh, Cato

Hamilton Collaros, Masoli they were thin but I would take Masoli

Sask Durant, Glenn, Sunseri

Edm Riley, Nichols, Franklin, Lynch

Calgary Mitchell, Tate

It would be monumentally stupid to change OCs in the middle of the season, unless you are going to hire from within his own staff. The changes in terminology and new playbook would take weeks to implement and months to master. We would be effectively taking ourselves out of the playoff race by doing so. Wanna see a crap offence? Change OCs and playbooks midseason.

Calgary has also gone through 15 starting OL in the last 3 years and still has a great OL. So is it coaching? Well the coach is Pat DelMonaco who everyone hated here. So what's the deal? How come they can bring in junior players and sixth round picks, and have them start on the OL without an issue?

Believe me, its thoughts like these that keep me driving to the bottom of the CR bottle.

It would be monumentally stupid to change OCs in the middle of the season, unless you are going to hire from within his own staff. The changes in terminology and new playbook would take weeks to implement and months to master. We would be effectively taking ourselves out of the playoff race by doing so. Wanna see a crap offence? Change OCs and playbooks midseason.

Sad to say, unless Marve is as good as we hope, we may be out of the playoff picture by mid-September, and if our offence still sucks at that point, we may as well tie the can to Bellefeuille. I suspect the end will come a little sooner for Chamblin.

You're exactly right... and that's what leads me to believe there isn't a huge discrepancy in an o-line coach when it comes to coaching up the fundamentals....  I would suspect most o-line coaches know how to teach fundamentals... it's more a matter of system and that points to the OC.... DelMonaco with Dickensen is going to be a lot more successful that DelMonaco with Crowton/Bellefiuelle... and maybe Wylie is only slightly better than DelMonaco in that role... is/should Wylie be more involved in system and game planning?

You're exactly right... and that's what leads me to believe there isn't a huge discrepancy in an o-line coach when it comes to coaching up the fundamentals....  I would suspect most o-line coaches know how to teach fundamentals... it's more a matter of system and that points to the OC.... DelMonaco with Dickensen is going to be a lot more successful that DelMonaco with Crowton/Bellefiuelle... and maybe Wylie is only slightly better than DelMonaco in that role... is/should Wylie be more involved in system and game planning?

Pretty obvious that someone should be more involved in game planning when it comes to QB protection.

Which current OCs might be fired this offseason, besides Bellefeuille?

If the Riders clean house, Chapdelaine would be interesting. Khari would be better than Marcel.

Chap is both the most likely and the best case scenario, I think. The Riders' offence certainly hasn't been the problem this year, despite their massive injury issues at QB.

If the Riders clean house, Chapdelaine would be interesting. Khari would be better than Marcel.

I think it's time for Khari to come home, he will probably jump at the first OC offer that comes his way.  Miller should have some sway.

I think it's time for Khari to come home, he will probably jump at the first OC offer that comes his way.  Miller should have some sway.

Whole-heartedly agree. I'm not a fan of the Chap-man, but Khari...come home.