Who should we bring in to replace our OC

SPuDS

Who replaces Bellefeuille  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice who do you pick?

• Paul LaPolice
    • Doug Berry
    • Let Howell and Pierce coach by commitee
    • Other -specify in post
    • Stay status quo
    • Wait until off-season and throw money at -also post in thread

Honestly, I've come to the point where i don't think you will see many changes right now.. It's best to wait till the end of the year really as nobody really out there right now is worth it.. Honestly, I think i'd rather hire a guy who hasn't been here before as OC.. so no to lapo, no to gibson. Khari is interesting but again to me he's Bellefeuille JR really...  I honestly wouldn't be opposed to seeing what a guy like Buck or Howell could bring. 

Honestly, I've come to the point where i don't think you will see many changes right now.. It's best to wait till the end of the year really as nobody really out there right now is worth it.. Honestly, I think i'd rather hire a guy who hasn't been here before as OC.. so no to lapo, no to gibson. Khari is interesting but again to me he's Bellefeuille JR really...  I honestly wouldn't be opposed to seeing what a guy like Buck or Howell could bring. 

But then you're just bringing in another rookie OC with barely any coaching experience (in Buck I mean, at least Howell has been coaching for almost 5 years).

Gibson, thankfully has resigned himself to a calmer more stable situation at U of R. He was stressed out yo the nines when he was OC here and people joked about him being on suicide watch. Good luck Mike at your new gig. He is a good guy.

Mike was a excellent choice and will do a good job. I believe Ritchie Hall interviewed for U of R job also IIRC.

I remember a few years ago a game in Hamilton, might have been v calgary, one of the coaches had a heart attack during the game.

with the hours coaches tend to put in, the scrutiny they get, the derision when not winning, got to be a super stressful job for some people.

LaPolice worked really long hours I seem to recall. 

not sure how they can take it.

Mike actually sounded a bit weary after the beatdown by Hamilton. mentally strong though and bounced back.

There's no point in changing a coach this season. not giving these guys a full chance to win, and setting up bringing someone in who might be no better, and giving him an excuse.

Team is not that bad at this point. could easily be five and  three.

They really need to assess this team in depth and not look for a band aid fix at this point. This team was 5-1 before it tanked last season. While I agree that the QB situation has now become tenuous part of that is the result of a lack of proven depth at the QB spot. This team will be under the microscope for the remainder of the season. While wins and losses may not be a true indicator continued breakdowns, errors and questionable coaching and personnel decisions should contribute in the determination of who stays and who needs to go at all levels.