Odds and Sods - Game 6 - BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Adams mentioned on the post game show that when you see Willy giving his all, despite the injury, that makes you work even harder too (specific reference was to his td)

He did it a few times last year, early in the season .. but last night was a great example of a player putting a team on his back and willing them to win .. we got a solid game on both sides of the ball .. but it started and ended with a guy, coming off an injury .. where people may be questioning him a bit .. and laying it all on the line.

Cotton hits the hole fast & pounds his legs running hard but at times he just seems to go nowhere. 

Im starting to dislike Cotton. He was like a newcomer on this offense out there considering he is the starting RB.

I would like us to promote Marshall up, move Scott as #2 and sit Cotton for now.

I hate to be negative on such a positive day, but that's probably because MB's running plays aren't very good.  His plays do well with Marshall cause Marshall just pounds it through.

Cotton hits the hole fast & pounds his legs running hard but at times he just seems to go nowhere. 

Im starting to dislike Cotton. He was like a newcomer on this offense out there considering he is the starting RB.

I would like us to promote Marshall up, move Scott as #2 and sit Cotton for now.

I hate to be negative on such a positive day, but that's probably because MB's running plays aren't very good.  His plays do well with Marshall cause Marshall just pounds it through.

It makes a big difference when the RB can push the pile and get 5 yards on first down rather than 2 or 3.  Makes everyone's job easier.

It makes a big difference when the RB can push the pile and get 5 yards on first down rather than 2 or 3.  Makes everyone's job easier.

I'll take 5 yards a run all night long.  

Cotton seemed to disappear in this one.....made himself really visible when he messed up a hand off...Marshall on the other hand is definitely coming into his own.....Veltung is another receiving threat....This club has a huge potential to grow and will soon give the top clubs in the west something to worry about.

Not sure if Willys knee had anything to do with not sliding.

Was just going to post that the head first dives were to keep opponents from landing on his knee. It was intentional. I was screaming at Schultz for being a moron yet again when he was bitching about Willy not hook sliding....

Yeah but he rarely ever slides.  That, and what if he gets cracked in the head or something worse.  I think he was thinking that the D isn't supposed to hit the QB when you slide, so it's always better to slide.  But life doesn't always work perfectly, and it's true, they may have gone after his knee and sacrificed a penalty.  I'd hope none of them would intentionally do that, but people are stupid and you never know when one of them is going to go full ***** on you.

Let's just hope Willy running was the Bombers "trick play" for this game and that they don't rely on it as much against Hamilton.  When ever anyone mentions QB and warrior in the same sentence I have visions of Buck and his sad fate.

This game was all about Willy and how important he is to this team. Guy is just a leader out there. You can tell the team believes in him and when you give him time to throw man oh man he's putting the ball where it needs to be. He was good last year but he's better this year and the development has been a real treat to watch.

Cotton seemed to disappear in this one.....made himself really visible when he messed up a hand off...Marshall on the other hand is definitely coming into his own.....Veltung is another receiving threat....This club has a huge potential to grow and will soon give the top clubs in the west something to worry about.

I think we should stop starting 2 Canadian receivers and start 4 International Moore, Denmark, Adams and Veltung plus 2 big backs with Marshall and Scott will make Willy's job a lot easier.

I think we should stop starting 2 Canadian receivers and start 4 International Moore, Denmark, Adams and Veltung plus 2 big backs with Marshall and Scott will make Willy's job a lot easier.

1 big back is plenty. I don't know why you have taken a dislike to Paris Cotton but he's still a good runningback. Very explosive and very dangerous. When paired with a guy like Marshall you have the potential for a pretty dynamic running game. 

1 big back is plenty. I don't know why you have taken a dislike to Paris Cotton but he's still a good runningback. Very explosive and very dangerous. When paired with a guy like Marshall you have the potential for a pretty dynamic running game. 

Since his good game on the first week, he's been regressing. I am a fan of Cotton, but if it doesn't work (now) a change has to be  made. Look at the Pat Neufeld change it made a difference to the game last night.

Seems to me the Bombers found a good recriver in Veltung. .. and he's only 24.... Adams is also only 25. Seems to me we have a bright future at that position if we can hang on to these guys

And we have Jhomo Gordon at 21, developing on the PR.

Since his good game on the first week, he's been regressing. I am a fan of Cotton, but if it doesn't work (now) a change has to be  made. Look at the Pat Neufeld change it made a difference to the game last night.

I think there's a place for both of these guys on the field. That said, I'd like to see Marshall given a start with about 15-18 carries to grind the D down and then bring in Cotton when they're tired to break some long runs. We've got the personnel for a pretty decent running game and I'd like to see MB show a little dedication to it.

Bull dung.  The Bombers have two excellent RB's, they just need to figure out how to juggle them to achieve the greatest result.  It's still early on and Cotton will have games were he excels so I don't think we've seen the last of his 100 yd. performances.

The change is giving Marshall more work. As a change of pace guy Cotton is a great option. 2 bigger backs isn't a change of pace. I've never seen a point in having 2 backs of the same type on the roster. You want someone who can bring a different dynamic to the offense. I will also disagree that Cotton wasn't working but that's a different debate. 

Seems to me the Bombers found a good recriver in Veltung. .. and he's only 24.... Adams is also only 25. Seems to me we have a bright future at that position if we can hang on to these guys

And Jhomo Gordon waiting in the wings if he can pull his game together.

- Still need to work on their red zone scoring.

Picked this one out because I felt it's worth mentioning the Bombers are one of the best teams in the league in the red zone.

The real red zone or the Salisbury House Red Zone?  The latter seems to be anywhere on the opponent's side of midfield.

Also made himself visible when he caught the first screen pass we've thrown in three weeks and took it up the sideline for 20 yards.

- Still need to work on their red zone scoring.

Picked this one out because I felt it's worth mentioning the Bombers are one of the best teams in the league in the red zone.

The real red zone or the Salisbury House Red Zone?  The latter seems to be anywhere on the opponent's side of midfield.

Salisbury house of course.