Odds and Sods - Game 6 - BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Adams is an absolute stud DB. That unnecessary roughness penalty in the first half was complete BS... I love this guy.

Westerman has shaken the rust off and he is a beast. He is also always coaching guys up.

Bass reminds me of Barrin Simpson, and had a great game.

It is only a matter of time before Gibson is racking up sacks, he reminds me of John Bowman.

Some huge additions to this D that will continue to get better.

Exciting times.

Adams is an absolute stud DB. That unnecessary roughness penalty in the first half was complete BS... I love this guy.

Westerman has shaken the rust off and he is a beast. He is also always coaching guys up.

It is only a matter of time before Gibson is racking up sacks, he reminds me of John Bowman.

Exciting times.

What prompted the unnecessary roughness call?  I completely missed it ..  I know Adams looked confused .. "What did I do?" type thing .. just never saw what he actually did .. 

It only takes a win to get the conversation going all rainbows and sunny skies. After the last couple of weeks I  wasn't sure there was any of that stuff left in anybody.

I know it sounds weird but even during the first drive I was feeling a bit positive. All the plays were short and the defense never collapsed like it had in the past. Once the BB moved the ball a bit after that I could see that the team wasn't down and that they could come back. In the past an opening drive for a touchdown at home would have deflated the team a bit. 

Exciting times.

What prompted the unnecessary roughness call? I completely missed it .. I know Adams looked confused .. "What did I do?" type thing .. just never saw what he actually did ..

He jammed his guy off the line and then gave a pretty standard shot a second or two later, I think even after the pass... Very weak call. Followed by a BS call on roughing the kicker.

I didn't get a good look at the roughing the kicker play. The announcer just sort of said Well... and then they went to something else. ( I watched this game from the comfort of my dry couch). I know I should have been out there yellling in the rain. 

Contacting the kicker is such a BS call sometimes even when you do make contact.  To me, you need to actually knock him over or hit his leg for it to be contact.  If one guys jersey grazes his foot...that's not contacting the kicker.

...and in this case, if Newman grazes the air bubble around the kicker...

Cotton seemed to disappear in this one.....made himself really visible when he messed up a hand off...Marshall on the other hand is definitely coming into his own.....Veltung is another receiving threat....This club has a huge potential to grow and will soon give the top clubs in the west something to worry about.

I think we should stop starting 2 Canadian receivers and start 4 International Moore, Denmark, Adams and Veltung plus 2 big backs with Marshall and Scott will make Willy's job a lot easier.

1 big back is plenty. I don't know why you have taken a dislike to Paris Cotton but he's still a good runningback. Very explosive and very dangerous. When paired with a guy like Marshall you have the potential for a pretty dynamic running game. 

Since his good game on the first week, he's been regressing. I am a fan of Cotton, but if it doesn't work (now) a change has to be  made. Look at the Pat Neufeld change it made a difference to the game last night.

The change is giving Marshall more work. As a change of pace guy Cotton is a great option. 2 bigger backs isn't a change of pace. I've never seen a point in having 2 backs of the same type on the roster. You want someone who can bring a different dynamic to the offense. I will also disagree that Cotton wasn't working but that's a different debate. 

I liked how the swing/screen pass to Cotton was working early in the game.  As it was working, in true MB fashion, we immediately stopped doing it. :)

Seriously, accuse me of overreacting, but J. Adams is the best DB we've had since Juran Borden.

tiYwvhH.gif

Juran Bolden man...legendary outlaw...

I know who Juran Bolden is...otherwise I'd have been really confused by JBR's handle...

Yeah the careless typo was mine. I would have done the same thing.

I assure you I know the name of the Predator.

Haha

I feel like BC went to the hurry up to combat the crowd. Which seems contradictory.

Do they run no huddle a lot?

Lulay looked as confused as an American tourist in the middle of Beijing last night.  It was obvious the Lions hadn't prepared for the noise.  Way to go Winnipeg fans! 

I feel like BC went to the hurry up to combat the crowd. Which seems contradictory.

Lulay looked as confused as an American tourist in the middle of a Tokyo rush-hour last night. It was obvious the Lions hadn't prepared for the noise. Way to go Winnipeg fans!

Yeah there were a lot of communication issues for the BC offence.

Seriously, accuse me of overreacting, but J. Adams is the best DB we've had since Juran Borden.

tiYwvhH.gif

Juran Bolden man...legendary outlaw...

I know who Juran Bolden is...otherwise I'd have been really confused by JBR's handle...

Yeah the careless typo was mine. I would have done the same thing.

I assure you I know the name of the Predator.

Haha

Yeah I only saw it after you edited it, so when I saw the Gif from KBF, I thought he was actually taking a shot at Juran Bolden jokingly, hence my comment.  Didn't even re-read it in KBF's post to notice.

Lulay calls a lot of audibles and with the crowd noise that just wasn't going to work very well.

Which makes the hurry up more confusing to me.

Seemed like they wanted to not let the crowd reset, but it didn't work, and was obvious it wasn't working from the beginning.