Drew Willy Watch 2.0

I'm thinking more and more that the team just doesn't have any kind of faith in Brohm at all. They play hard for Willy and they seemed to respond to Marve but when Brohm goes in it's all academic, everyone is playing with their heads up their asses. Once that happens it doesn't really matter how well the qb knows the offence. 

So the loss is on Brohm? Get real. Willy has yet to score a TD vs Esks in three starts.

I'm thinking more and more that the team just doesn't have any kind of faith in Brohm at all. They play hard for Willy and they seemed to respond to Marve but when Brohm goes in it's all academic, everyone is playing with their heads up their asses. Once that happens it doesn't really matter how well the qb knows the offence. 

So the loss is on Brohm? Get real. Willy has yet to score a TD vs Esks in three starts.

You're not wrong about what Willy has done against Edmonton, but what do two previous games have to do with Saturday? You sure have a strange desire to go out of your way to hate on Drew Willy.

gary lawless @garylawless 3m3 minutes ago

hearing #bombers qb Drew Willy knee injury isn't significant, won't miss much time. listed as questionable but could play Thursday #cfl #bn

You're not wrong about what Willy has done against Edmonton, but what do two previous games have to do with Saturday? You sure have a strange desire to go out of your way to hate on Drew Willy.

I don't get why folks are blaming Brohm for the loss. That makes no sense. Willy's numbers were hardly any better through 2/3 of the game. Willy was like 7 for 17 and 81 yards. Every time Willy loses it seems like he can do no wrong. He's always aabove criticism. I don't hate Drew Willy. I'd like to see him do well. But we've given him every opportunity through more than 20 games ... and maybe it's time to admit he's just not the second coming everyone thinks he is.

gary lawless @garylawless 3m3 minutes ago

hearing #bombers qb Drew Willy knee injury isn't significant, won't miss much time. listed as questionable but could play Thursday #cfl #bn

I don't get why folks are blaming Brohm for the loss. That makes no sense. Willy's numbers were hardly any better through 2/3 of the game. Willy was like 7 for 17 and 81 yards. Every time Willy loses it seems like he can do no wrong. He's always aabove criticism. I don't hate Drew Willy. I'd like to see him do well. But we've given him every opportunity through more than 20 games ... and maybe it's time to admit he's just not the second coming everyone thinks he is.

I guess you missed the part where Willy played his entire stint in a torrential downpour. Were you expecting great numbers?

Relieved to hear Drew is not seriously injured NOT ahappy with the possibility of Brohm starting next game...Although he wasn't totally to blame for the stinker in Edm. he didn't help and that's what a no 2 is paid to do, you know like the relievers in Mont. Edm. and T.O....I guess we'll see if Brohm can actually stop throwing pics galore or skipping every second pass attempt...We better hope IF he's behind centre.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 3m3 minutes ago

who is calling him the second coming? If you can't see he's the best qb the bombers have had in a while, you might need to take a CFL 101 course or something. When not being hit like a rag doll he's putting his team in a position to win almost every game. Does he make mistakes? Of course, he's a 2nd year starter playing with a fairly weak team and a horrible OC. Drew willy is by far the bombers best chance to win right now. There is no debate on that.

who is calling him the second coming? If you can't see he's the best qb the bombers have had in a while, you might need to take a CFL 101 course or something. When not being hit like a rag doll he's putting his team in a position to win almost every game. Does he make mistakes? Of course, he's a 2nd year starter playing with a fairly weak team and a horrible OC. Drew willy is by far the bombers best chance to win right now. There is no debate on that.

An offensive coordinator who made a Hall of Fame quarterback look washed up while operating under his system .. Calvillo took beating after beating while MB was in Montreal .. people were saying he was done .. long story short the Als dumped Bellefeuille and Calvillo went on to throw for 4600+ yards in each of the next 5 seasons.

And that is the problem exactly. There should be a debate. Because so far Drew Willy is not getting it done. He may be the best we've had in awhile but that does not place him above criticism and serious questioning - which has yet to occur. And if we don't debate it we'll stick with him and keep losing. I could go on about his shortcomings - taking too long to get the ball away, taking too long between snaps, not establishing any rhythm, NO ability to sustain a drive, not having that critical QB peripheral 6th sense, not having the killer foot-on-their-throat instinct etc ...  You don't agree? Watch Tedford and Lulay will demonstrate how a pro style offense is run on Thursday.

From the horror show i watched, Brohm under through receivers on 6 throws and one or two over throws..  Then he also threw into tight double coverages.  

The loss is not all on him.. But he is for sure a huge factor in why the bombers didn't move the ball and gave up so many points.

That and We keep running up the gut when everyone in the stadiums knows where we are going.

Willy looked to be accurate on his throws and the balls were bouncing off the recievers hands.

And that is the problem exactly. There should be a debate. Because so far Drew Willy is not getting it done. He may be the best we've had in awhile but that does not place him above criticism and serious questioning - which has yet to occur. And if we don't debate it we'll stick with him and keep losing. I could go on about his shortcomings - taking too long to get the ball away, taking too long between snaps, not establishing any rhythm, NO ability to sustain a drive, not having that critical QB peripheral 6th sense, not having the killer foot-on-their-throat instinct etc ...  You don't agree? Watch Tedford and Lulay will demonstrate how a pro style offense is run on Thursday.

Well you may be 100% correct on your assesment of willy here, alot of that killer instinct, getting in a rythm, and sustaining drives thing has to do with the PLay calling.  If MB is calling a horrible game and is very predicitable, lulay, harris, et all aren't going to fair a whole lot better.

willy hasn't been all aces, but to me, the play calling has been suspect so far this year.

I agree with the premise that Willy is slightly overrated, but Brohm was absolutely one of, if not THE main reason for that loss. The score was 4-3 when he got into the game, at which point he put the team into a huge hole by throwing two interceptions. He had a yards-per-attempt of only 3.7 to Willy's 4.8 despite playing in better conditions. Willy at least kept the team in the game by virtue of committing zero turnovers.

1. I am glad Willy is not seriously hurt.

2. Brohm can't cut it as a pro QB. 10 Interceptions as a pro versus 0 TD Passes.

Brohm's stats can't get any more damning than that. If the coaches still believe he can lead the team, there is something terribly, terribly wrong.

I think Willy's overrated and he's above criticism on these forums but... He's definitely our best QB by a country mile right now. Brohm shouldn't even have a job with us.  Marve, who I like, hasn't got enough experience to even be in the conversation to be compared to Willy.  Change out OC's (Been saying that since we kept MB during the coaching purge) and we'd probably see a better Willy than we do now.

Where did I say that the loss was on Brohm? All I said was that the team plays with their heads up their asses when he's in the game. Case in point the one interception that should have been a first down catch but got volleyed up and picked up. Or how about the defence collapsing as soon as Willy got hurt in Edmonton and against Hamilton? The reason they lost is pretty simple, they got outplayed badly when the rain stopped. I didn't assign blame to anyone, you made that assumption, all I said was the team deflates like a popped balloon when Willy goes down and Brohm comes in and even the players admit that it happens. 

Let's not read imaginary comments into my posts OK?