Boltus and two receivers

Floyd

Burke is the GM hey? Criticize the guy all you want for his coaching decisions (and rightfully so), but it's not his job to bring in the talent.

No but it is his job to get the players ready to play and put them in positions to succeed. Do you see any of that happening?

Burke is the GM hey? Criticize the guy all you want for his coaching decisions (and rightfully so), but it's not his job to bring in the talent.

No but it is his job to get the players ready to play and put them in positions to succeed. Do you see any of that happening?

You do realize that football is all about getting the matchups you want......like how Hamilton matched up their backs on our sad sack linebackers for most of the first half (gee like that hasn't been a problem for oh......2 years now).

All any coach can do is get his players matched up with the opposition the way he wants, it's still up to them to make a play, like Terrance did last game for 180 yards. That should pretty much tell you that 'a good player' will win the matchup while the crap ones won't. We have too many turds circling the bowl on this team.

Boltus and one veteran CFL 'bigger' receiver, plus a former NFL rec. plus an unnamed practice roster player, the position which, he wouldn't name.

-----from the T Burke show.

a veteran CFL receiver?

So in Burke terms, a guy who caught a couple passes in training camp.

I'm going to guess Romby Bryant?   Maybe TJH!!! 

Idon't get why people think there are loads of players waiting to come here.It takes time to find them and 9 times out of 10 time to develop them.I think Boltus was a good pick up in a desperate situation.He was around long enough to learn the game abit but really never got his good shot..As far as the recievers according to Burke we had recievers missing their blocks not anything I noticed but then I wouldn't and take Burke at his word.There will be players available after NFL regular starts but lots will hang for a while hoping to get on.This team is in a desperate state but it whlle take awhile to repair.I really think Walters will beat the bushes to get what he can and has a shot at being our permanent GM.

Idon't get why people think there are loads of players waiting to come here.It takes time to find them and 9 times out of 10 time to develop them.I think Boltus was a good pick up in a desperate situation.He was around long enough to learn the game abit but really never got his good shot..As far as the recievers according to Burke we had recievers missing their blocks not anything I noticed but then I wouldn't and take Burke at his word.There will be players available after NFL regular starts but lots will hang for a while hoping to get on.This team is in a desperate state but it whlle take awhile to repair.I really think Walters will beat the bushes to get what he can and has a shot at being our permanent GM.

meh this team asks receivers to block a lot when they are not suited to it. There is a lot of misusing players going on. It goes back to the lack of identity this team has. They've been trying to run things that they aren't suited for rather than tailoring things to what they actually do well for a long time now. Running plays like Montreal does works great when you have Richardson and Green as your slotbacks, not so much when it's Edwards and Denmark.

meh this team asks receivers to block a lot when they are not suited to it. There is a lot of misusing players going on. It goes back to the lack of identity this team has. They've been trying to run things that they aren't suited for rather than tailoring things to what they actually do well for a long time now. Running plays like Montreal does works great when you have Richardson and Green as your slotbacks, not so much when it's Edwards and Denmark.
Perhaps but I thought it was pretty common depending on the play.

Perhaps but I thought it was pretty common depending on the play.

yeah if you're not catching a pass you should be blocking but there's some guys, like Cory Watson who you can realistically ask to block close to the LOS regularly and then there's guys like Edwards and Denmark who don't excel at that. Too many guys like that on this team so the choices are either get the kind of player who can do it, or change the offense so it's not a requirement that they have to do it all the time. 

Greg Carr? Or is he under contract somewhere?

Presumably Marcel likes this boltus kid since he playing in Hamilton. Ill reserve judgement. Maybe he can play.

He's a journeyman. Most journeymen don't amount to much, I'm afraid.

First you criticize Mack for quite literally everything related to this team - and then you go and criticize the approach that you've clamoured for.